Two Green Lizards Soap Opera......

Pamplona, Spain
Ages ago and it was ages ago and it was a hot sunny afternoon. I had just washed up and cleaned up the house. I was going to settle down and rest a bit. My kids were quite small then as well. My next door neighbour was quite friendly then with me. Her son used to be a friend of my eldest son at the time. From her house to mine I suddenly heard the most terrible screams I started up in fright and I ran into her house as the door was open I thought someone was trying to kill her as the screams were really scary Guess what it was all about? Her youngest had put two little green lizards into to washing soap powder box He had hidden them there thinking they would be safe till he could find a place to put them. She had put her hand into the soap powder to scoop out some powder to put into the machine. Frantic was not the word and she screamed blue murder with the fright that he gave her when the two little lizards jumped out of the soap powder box and ran off who knows where. It all turned out well and we all had a good laugh after she managed to calm down and me calm down as well. The things kids will get up to sometimes. Her screams sounded like something out of one of those soap operas that they used to have on a lot then.
• Riga, Latvia
Oh, yes I know about being surprised out of your wits. That is amusing though. I remember my mom always saying to me never sneak up on me if you want your poor mom to survive.
• Pamplona, Spain
She almost had a fit you know but she did laugh as well and cry out OMG as she round out of the Kitchen as she had put her hand in the Soap Powder almost in the dark as in the afternoon we mostly all put the shutters down because of the intense heat in the summer. Your Mom was wise too.
She really was incredibly frightened by those two lizards. I will let out a yelp if frightened, but not a scream. Well, I have encountered two lizards in my soap box yet.
• Pamplona, Spain
You would yell with such a surprise as you donĀ“t expect to find two lizards in your soap powder box do you and specially in the dark of the kitchen as we put the shutters down to keep the place cool. I would have howled as well with the fright but maybe only once.
• Pamplona, Spain
@Corbin5 If it had been me I would have shrieked out loud very loud as lizards are so quick as you know. There was a little lizard in the passageway of the flat in which we were living in the city and I shrieked then as it scared the daylights out of me for seconds as I did not know what it was until I saw him vanish so quickly and I did not mean to scare him so much he ran like the clappers.
@lovinangelsinstead21 I would scream too. I am glad it turned out and you could laugh about it in the end.
• Pamplona, Spain
I am so glad as well as it was a very anxious few moments for me and her as I tried to calm her down. Also trying not to laugh from my part.
@lovinangelsinstead21 I would have freaked out too.
• Pamplona, Spain
@Hannihar If it had been me personally I would have shrieked my head off real loud.
@YrNemo (11824)
I would do the same if I had been in her shoes . Glad to say that my kids when they were little, did not often see lizards around.
• Pamplona, Spain
You would have shrieked out loud so somebody after my own heart. I would have screamed really loud with fright. We are only human after all. Glad your kids did not see many lizards around.
@YrNemo (11824)
• Pamplona, Spain
@YrNemo The things kids can get up to if you think about it. Have a great weekend ahead.
@Peach10 (1464)
If it happened to it might be more frightening than your neighbor coz my scream is super high soprano
• Pamplona, Spain
Super soprano? Hers was dreadful and I had to pull myself together real quick as I really thought something was happening to her and not something nice.
@Peach10 (1464)
@lovinangelsinstead21 I son:t know if that is the right word to choose but anyway I would probably sound scary
@garymarsh6 (13631)
Haha how hilarious but it must have been quite shocking for her ! It would have been if they had ejected their tails and run off and they were left lying around wiggling about!
• Pamplona, Spain
Just how I would put it really. I really tried not to laugh and I was so relieved that nothing happened to her that could have been so drastic as those screams and you should have heard her go. I managed to hold myself together sort of like this is not for real.
I can imagine that very well! I am positive that a surprise like that would make me scream bloody murder, too!
• Pamplona, Spain
It startled me let alone her and to hear her screech like that I wondered what on earth was going on. I was so glad that it was only two harmless lizards that caused it all after all they were probably more scared than she was in the finish. Her son was a bit of a rogue bless him. I ask you hiding the lizards in the soap powder box.
thank you for sharing t his with us.
• Pamplona, Spain
Hiya Fredo hope it made you laugh just a bit. Big hugs Fredo and have a great night ahead.
You probably though someone had been hurt or murdered with the screaming going on.
• Pamplona, Spain
I really did think that at first you should have heard her. I dashed straight in there thinking someone was hurting her I really did. Two green lizards can do a lot of things to ya.
@bunnybon7 (35926)
• Holiday, Florida
oh i can imagine. hard to believe a lot of things our kids get up to. mine have also given me quite a few scares . sometimes i think it is why i am such a nervous person now