Stanley Cup Champions

@Bensen32 (717)
So we have a new Stanley Cup Champions - The Washington Capitals Although it was not the one I was hoping would win, it was an exciting series and fun to watch. I am not disappointed in the play during the finals. A total of 34 goals were scored in the 5 games, I don't believe that is a any kind of record but it is a lot of goals for 5 games of hockey. There were a lot of lead changes in almost every game and that makes for an exciting game. Last nights game ended with a score of 4-3. The first period ended in a 0-0 tie, the second ended with the Knights in the lead 3-2, and the Capitals were able to score 2 in the third period. Five goals in the 2nd period was very fun to watch. It did stress me out a bit though. Congratulations to the Washington Capitals - Stanley Cup Champions. They had a great run to the cup and played strong in all five games. Congratulations to the Vegas Golden Knights on a great first year. They broke so many records getting to the Cup Finals in their first year. I want to say a special thank you to #88 Nate Schmidt of the Golden Knights. This might not mean much to some people but to me it was special. I noticed through the playoffs that every time our National Anthem was played it stood there hand to chest and sang the words along with the anthem. As a former Marine this meant something to me. In two weeks, next years schedule comes out and I am already looking forward to it.
• Bucharest, Romania
Is this American football? The other kind of football is called soccer in USA, am I right?
@Bensen32 (717)
Well this is ice hockey, the league has teams in America and Canada, but you are right our American football is different than what the rest of the world calls football which Americans for some reason call soccer. I guess we just want to be different :)
• Bucharest, Romania
@Bensen32 Oh. Ooops
@Bensen32 (717)
@Cristi_Ichim LOL no biggy, not like you your from America, there are some Americans that don't know.
Nate Schmidt is definitely a patriot. So pleased you were able to see him sing the anthem every single time.
@Bensen32 (717)
I even sent him a message letting him know I appreciate that, still have not heard back, not sure he even sees it but I tried to say thank you.
@Bensen32 I am so glad you sent him a message. That message will be so appreciated if seen by him. I would like to thank you for your service.
@Bensen32 (717)
@Corbin5 yea hope he see it. Oh thank you was my honor to serve.
It only took the Caps 44 years to win the cup.
@Bensen32 (717)
Well could be worse there was a baseball team that took like 108 years to win their championship LOL