Oh my goodness ....we have rats !!!

United Kingdom
Yes, its true we have rats .... Not at home though ...at work .... We have known for a while that there were some rats ...they were living underneath a wooden gazebo that we have in our playground. The rat man has been coming regularly and has been trying to get rid of them ( obviously without success !). Until the other day I had not actually seen one myself...although the holes they use to go underneath the gazebo are plain to see. I came out of the front door and as I started to walk across the car park I saw something move ...at first I thought it was a leaf or some litter being blown by the wind...then I got closer and saw that it was a rat ! It saw me, stopped, jumped around and went under the fence ....right into our nursery playground !!! I wonder how many of them there actually are !!!
@maximax8 (28249)
Oh, my goodness. Mice can be difficult to catch and let go where they can live safely. I notice your rat man is having no luck therefore you should look on the Internet for ideas how to get the caught live so you can let them go somewhere suitable. They are unsuitable in a nursery playground aren't they.
@Peach10 (1831)
If you have cats I'm sure they won't go near your house
This is not at my house ...it is at my place of work ...having a cat is not an option there.......
@Peach10 (1831)
@Traceyjayne oh my that' is really terrible to find rats in tour office
@Traceyjayne You need a cat to get rid of them. I used to live somewhere else before I moved where I live now and I saw a rat climb up a building. That is very scary.
What is it they say? We are never more than six foot from a rat? I like rats, they make fabulous pets. :)
If you saw one, there is bound to be quite a few more I would think.
Oh, I am hoping there are not too many. Rats nearby just is not a good thing.