No Green Thumb For Me

@Raine38 (9116)
It is official: my cactus is dead! I killed it. I swear I made sure to just give it enough water and sunlight. But for some reason, plants wilt and die when I try to take of them. I tried growing some plants from seeds, they will sprout, then they will die. It can be frustrating, and I admit I am envious of those who have really amazing plants inside their houses. The only time when I can have live plants are from the flower shop that I put in vases and that's it. I have tried other "resilient" house plants but shame on me, I still managed to kill it. Oh well, I will try again, but perhaps I will seek (yet) more advises from my green-thumbed friends.
@ridingbet (55636)
i too don't have the green thumb but i think i can grow cactus, even okra.
@Raine38 (9116)
You’re way better than I do. They tease me that it takes such talent to kill a cactus.
@ridingbet (55636)
@Raine38 cactus so not need water to be hydrated all the time, but yes, i think you are not apt for tending cactus for that matter.
@Anaeu92 (140)
• Castlebar, Ireland
Oh lol, sorry for laughing, but it reminds me about the time I killed a cactus and felt really bad about it. I thought they were indestructible. Now I don't buy cactuces anymore. They are hard to repot/handle and according to fengshui they are not good to have in the house. Only in some areas I believe?
@Raine38 (9116)
That is also what I heard in Feng shui. Too many or wrong placement of cactus indoors can upset the balance or energy.
I have killed many a plant over the years. I am used to that now.
@Raine38 (9116)
Thanks for making me feel that I am not alone in this. I’m still a little sad because I thought I finally had this down pat but oh well!
I am not a plant person. :) I do have one plant in my room that literally doesn't require much water and its been around since I was like 10! I think the plant is 16 years old now.
@Raine38 (9116)
Oh wow, that’s amazing! I wish I can have even just one plant that I can nourish.
@Raine38 I have no clue why it just strives to live :P I bought it awhile ago from Home Depot for like less than $3 then too.
you really do not need a green thumb for t his.They do not like too much water. If you are killing the plants.Time to hang it up and seek others.
@Raine38 (9116)
You are probably right!
@Raine38 try it you might like it.LOL