Which one do you prefer? Dialogue or monologue?

@sabtraversa (13331)
Italy
Amongst categories humans can be part of, we have dialogists and monologists. Don't we? Dialogists are the impulsive kind who like to engage in that weird activity called "conversation". Their quality is that they can think and reply fast, their weakness is that they're prone to boredom. Poor things. Monologists are the beautiful kind that love to listen and collect the most details from a well-explained thought. They're often able to express their thought in a way that keeps the listeners both curious and entertained. How magnificent. The few questions left to be asked are usually very valuable and meaningful. I'm biased. Just a little. But... aren't we all? Photo taken from Pixabay.
If a monologue is one person, is two people a stereologue?
@sabtraversa (13331)
@JolietJake If they happen to say about the same thing, at the same time, definitely.
@moffittjc (45285)
• Gainesville, Florida
I'd like to have a conversation with you while having coffee, or maybe drinks at a bar or club!
@sabtraversa (13331)
@moffittjc Good idea. A drink will allow me to take long sips, long enough to turn our conversation into a monologue of yours. And I'll return the favor, with my own monologue, once I have had enough drinks.
@moffittjc (45285)
• Gainesville, Florida
@sabtraversa I was thinking the very same thing....that I would sit back and enjoy drinks while you talked! You're not shy, are you? I'm curious why you would need a bunch of drinks to get you to open up and talk to me!
@sabtraversa (13331)
@moffittjc I'm shy, but I often talk less when drunk. That wouldn't even work. If I talk, it's usually the same phrase being repeated.
@thelme55 (15059)
I prefer monologists.
@sabtraversa (13331)
@thelme55 Same here. I wonder if my description of monologists affected your choice.
@thelme55 (15059)
@sabtraversa no, it didn't. I don't like people who talk so much. Well, it really depends on what she is talking about.
@Starmaiden (7643)
I am a monologuist. As one who has studied acting I prefer delivering the monologues rather than participating in dialogue.
@sabtraversa (13331)
@Starmaiden Oh yes, I remember you studied acting. Delivering a monologue must be like reciting a poem, it takes you back to the school times. It sounds pretty enjoyable.
@sabtraversa It is actually. I once did a play written by Jeff Goode called The Eight Reindeer Monologues. It is a dark comedy about Santa Claus being on trial for raping vixen. (And molesting Rhudolf) I played Blitzen. Under our director's instruction I was to deliver my monologue as Vixen's Attorney! Let me say I had the audience believing that Santa Claus is a pervert and worthy of a life sentence!
@sabtraversa (13331)
@mandala100 (50488)
I always love dialogue my friend.
@sabtraversa (13331)
@mandala100 So you like fast repartees, cool. I'm not always good at those.
@mandala100 (50488)
@sabtraversa Ok my friend no worries.
Unfortunately I have known Monologists who open their mouth as soon as they see someone in front of them. They never take the time to think before speaking and they do not care if "the one" in front of them try to say something, even something very simple like "sorry, I am in a hurry, I need to go"... just to escape from the said monologist.
@sabtraversa (13331)
@LadyDuck That's also true.
@sabtraversa This happens too often, those who have nothing to say talk all the time.
@YrNemo (14714)
I am not a shy one for sure so guess I am a dialogist? (but don't forget that I am also an introvert, very introvert .)
@sabtraversa (13331)
@YrNemo Introverts and extroverts are two other categories, both might want to talk for hours without being interrupted (monologists). Or they both might want a continuous interaction from the 'interlocutor' (dialogists).
@YrNemo (14714)
@rakski (22044)
I prefer monologue. I like listening to a good topic being discussed thoroughly. ahaha
@sabtraversa (13331)
@rakski I like when people take their time to express themselves. Especially when they have a good voice.
@rakski (22044)
@sabtraversa true. I agree with you there.
@kepweng (18618)
• Waikoloa, Hawaii
these is so Complicated issue my friend
@sabtraversa (13331)
@kepweng It depends on the situation, and the people involved, so yes, it can complicated to a certain extent.
It seems that you are biased. I love to have good conversations.
@sabtraversa (13331)
@marguicha Really?
I went to a monologue last week and it was fabulous! I like to carry on a two or more person conversation.
@sabtraversa (13331)
@DianneN Monologues are a common type of entertainment, but I'm starting to prefer them over dialogues. It ain't easy to have good timing and repartees all the time.
Not all monologists are beautiful as you have put it. This person will sit like a zombie and will never contribute to any conversation (lol)
@sabtraversa (13331)
@allknowing In Italian we have the proverb "silence means approval". A monologue is like reading an article, a monologue can lead to some sort of conversation if the comment section is available, actually. But yes, the ugly and the beautiful are everywhere, in all categories.
@ridingbet (59428)
i like a dialogue as long as the person with me has the same brain wavelength like mine.
@sabtraversa (13331)
@ridingbet Yes, when you're able to empathize with someone, the conversation is almost like a monologue, because the two people think so alike.
I like the ones that know manners and, respect.
@sabtraversa (13331)
@TRBRocks420 Me too, but it's an uncommon skill to be kind and respectful when you have a dialogue with someone you disagree with on everything.
@saritflor (4121)
• Israel
monologue, I love to see the process one's character on the stage.
@sabtraversa (13331)
@saritflor Me too, it's fascinating.