Go from Sour to Sweet in No Time Flat

The berry referred to as "miracle fruit," "miraculous berry," and "sweet berry" makes sour foods taste sweet. No more puckering up due to eating lemons, dill pickles, grapefruits, and limes if the pulp of "miracle fruit" has been allowed to coat the sides of the mouth and the taste buds on the tongue. A variety of sour foods will taste sweet thanks to this berry that originated in south Africa. The "miracle fruit" berry does have a rather sweet tang to it and that tang is quite mild. The magic of making sour foods, bitter foods, and acidic foods taste sweet is due to the "miracle fruit" containing a miraculin. Miraculin actually binds to taste buds on the tongue and that binding makes sour foods taste nice and sweet. The "miracle fruit" berry works well in changing sour to sweet for about 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, it will be time to pucker up again or eat another berry. In southern Florida, and in Hawaii, "miracle fruit" plants can be grown, but the plants do best if grown in containers. Tablets, made from the berries of the miracle fruit plant, can be purchased in stores and online. The tablets work well at making your grapefruit juice or orange juice taste a bit like maple pancake syrup. Instead of trying to grow "miracle fruit" or buying "miracle-fruit" tablets, I would just avoid sour stuff. Photo: Red berries that change sour to sweet.
Help support my series by checking out: My Patreon Page: https://www.patreon.com/weirdexplorer ---- Or get a TSHIRT: www.weirdexplorer.com
@PatZAnthony (12660)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
This looks like something worth learning about @Corbin5 but like you, probably I will just skip those foods that need help!
It has proven to be beneficial to patients undergoing chemotherapy because it does away with the metal taste in the mouth that so many suffering from chemo experience. Beneficial to diabetics too.
• Pamplona, Spain
I had not heard of this and I canĀ“t get to see the video just yet so I will come back later if I can and see it then. Sounds really good.
An interesting berry that came into use in South Africa in the 18th century.
• Pamplona, Spain
@Corbin5 From sour to sweet its really great to be able to have and use something like that. Videos in Spain are sometimes blocked for reasons unknown to us personally.
@lovinangelsinstead21 I added another video and I think that will work. It is said that for those undergoing chemotherapy, the berry removes the metal taste from the mouth that often results during chemotherapy.
@nela13 (7045)
• Portugal
Never heard about this fruit, I think we don't have it here.
It makes drinking black coffee nice and sweet, which sounds pretty cool to me. No need to add sugar to coffer, perhaps tea too.
@nela13 (7045)
• Portugal
@Corbin5 I drink my coffee and tea without sugar but I would love to have this fruit in my garden
@nela13 Me too!!
@nomus24g (22969)
interesting to know this....
Would be fun to give it a try.
@nomus24g (22969)
@Corbin5 hmmm...only if it was available in my country :)
@nomus24g The bushes to plant in containers are sold online, but they do cost a bit more than I would want to pay.
@Jessabuma (28507)
• Baguio, Philippines
That's very interesting.. we do have berries here also and if I am not mistaken we call it "Bugnay"
I bet the berries mentioned in the post would grow well in your area.
@Jessabuma (28507)
• Baguio, Philippines
@Corbin5 yes I thought so
@ridingbet (53060)
i think this is what we call "bugnay" here in my province. they taste sour when red, but sweet when dark colored to black.
Perhaps that is the same type of berry.
@ridingbet (53060)
@Corbin5 i should have taken a picture of the 'bugnay' because i saw a tree this morning; the fruits are still green.
Isn't that amazing? I've never heard of this.
Yes, the berry is beneficial to diabetics and also claims to help with weight loss. Maybe it makes good-for-you foods taste like dessert.
@Corbin5 That would be a great point in its favour.
@Shellyann36 (9616)
I think these are supposed to be very nutritious as well aren't they?
Yes, it is a valuable berry. It does have health benefits. It aides in weigh loss, and a very valuable sweetener for diabetics, many vitamins and antioxidants too.
@Corbin5 I will have to look them up.
@Rashnag (1157)
• Thane, India
Good to know
The berry does have quite a few health benefits.
@deba12 (1453)
Wow, that's a nice way of making sour foods sweet. But sadly it's not available in India.
I am not sure where to buy this berry, but bushes to grow are sold online. They are expensive too.
Nature has thought of everything!
This berry benefits chemotherapy patients since the berry removes the metal taste those undergoing chemotherapy experience.
Hmm interesting I never had these I don't think.
I have never tried them. The berry does remove the metal taste from the mouth that chemotherapy patients often have a side effect.
I remember seeing someone eart that with a lime, and being very impressed.
That is so cool you got to see that berry in action.
Who knew! Very interesting about miracle fruit
I am not sure why anyone would use them, but might be fun to give them a try.
Or you could just not eat the sour foods.... The only thing I think I might use it with would be grapefruit.
Yes, no sugar need be added to grapefruit if a "miracle berry" has been chewed.
Wow. That sounds super unique and cool!
It is a very unique berry, but the plants a person can order are very pricey.
That is very interesting and a great idea.
Might work for kids, and adults, who have to take awful-tasting medicine.
I remember I have read about those berries, because they contain "miraculin" and this name made me smile. I thought it was a joke.