Delicious Cemita

Riga, Latvia
Now I know you’re wondering what a cemita is. Well, it is the culinary marvel of the city of Puebla in Mexico. This city is known for its culinary history. The cemita sandwich begins with a sesame-seed bread roll that is known by the same name. It includes the papalo herb which has a peppery flavor. It is an ancient plant found all over Mexico, the American Southwest and South American countries. The stems and leaves are used as a condiment. There is one drawback even though it adds a unique flavour it tends to smell like a skunk. The other kind of ingredients included in the cemita are stringy cheese, fried meat and avocado. They say it is difficult to recreate. It does look and sound interesting and you don’t have to have that papalo herb. Would you like to try this? Do you like avocados?
If that herb smells as bad as a skunk, NO WAY!
• Riga, Latvia
That is what I was thinking @marlina however if there was a way to make it at home you could just leave out that herb. Interesting that people enjoy this sandwich with it but then again you know there are people who love things like Limburger cheese.
@RasmaSandra The first time that we bought Limburger cheese ( my husband and I), we ended up throwing it out. We could not take the smell anymore in the fridge.
@saritflor (2597)
• Israel
I think we can have a very nice version of it but free abusive version. I love Mexican foods.
I like avocado but am not keen on anything that is too peppery.
@mandala100 (39339)
I hope I could taste that stuff one of these days my friend.
I have never heard of it. I do not like avocados.
@garymarsh6 (13553)
Having never smelt a skunk I doubt that you would ever get me eating it as I hear that skunks smell terribly! I will give it a miss and you can have my share!