We Are The Last Generation Whose Baby Photos Weren't Taken on Phones

Are there any places that still develop film? Are there still film cameras? Remember when moms and grandmothers used to carry "brag books" of photos in their purses to show off baby photos to their friends? Now thousands more photos of babies are taken at each and every stage of their development and life and recorded and shared via cellphone.
@Starmaiden (5148)
I know. It's the Baby photo apocalypse on social media.
Modern technology literally put Kodak out of business. Think about it. Film sales, labs for developing, all businesses destroyed by modern tech and nothing to replace them. I question those who claim modern tech industry generates enough jobs to replaced those it has destroyed.
Good point something i never thought about . Many jobs were lost. I hope those people who lost their job were able to find something to replace it
@garymarsh6 (13645)
I only wish this had been around when we were kids. Do you know we do not have many photos of us as kids as my mum always cut our heads off in photos. We can tell who it is by bodies but no heads to show! What a waste of money. We used to have a photographer come to visit every year to take posed pictures which we all hated as we had to dress up in our best and have our hair neat and tidy. As soon as this torture was over we used to take off the clothes ruffle our hair and riot! LOL
@sabtraversa (13024)
I'm young but I made it to the film camera childhood generation. Yet, I may have more childhood photos than selfies. My mother was friends with a photographer.
@wolfgirl569 (3601)
• Marion, Ohio
I still print some out for myself. Looking on a phone or even screen just isnt the same
those days are gone.Hey!want to see my grandkids.Pull out the cell phone and there it is.LOL
@1creekgirl (10163)
Once a year, my daughter chooses the best photos from her phone and gets them printed at Walmart to put in an album. I think that's such a good idea.
Yes, there are still film cameras. Some of them are found in antique stores, but you can get disposable film cameras at places like Wal Mart. They also still do developing. I had to take pictures of the ruins of my home in February and to save a few dollars I bought a disposable camera and had the film developed at Wally World.
I just found some of the baby pictures my parents had of us. Theywere those pictures that you paid a photographer to take the pictures.
@dya80dya (2024)
It's true. I still have old photos.
There are still cameras that need developing to get pictures, but I only know that because my grandmother asked me to get one to take pictures of my dog and send them to her.
@UncleJoe (9771)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
We didn't even have cameras when I was born. My baby snapshots were recorded with smoke signals.
I am not great with the cell phone, but have no kiddos here to take pictures of anyway.
@Rashnag (405)
• Thane, India
Very true. The joy of physically preserving the memories is gone because of the discovery of cell phones as people use that instead of making an album. I really cherish as I have my childhood pics in an album.
I have a film camera. They are becoming more popular again.
Yes there are. And I still see film cameras being sold but they are disposable ones. For crafty people that I am trying hard to be, we still use films in our photo journals. And we still enjoy film cameras.
@Plethos (10260)
you can still buy polariods. kodak has one thats pretty good. my gf bought one at walmart last week to use for school. its a nice novelty to use. the borderless pics looked really good.!
The last I knew our local pharmacy still took film and sent it to be processed. Not as often as they used to do.
@id_peace (6227)
I think there are still film developing companies. There are still people taking photo with their DSLR
• Pamplona, Spain
I think that there are still those kind of cameras but not many have them. Probably those who only like that kind of photo being taken. We never had any albums as such they all got put into a drawer and stayed there for ages.