But did you watch it?

Peoria, Arizona
No, but seriously, have you see it? You should see it. Watch it now. NO I don't want to! So I have this friend who is obsessed with horror films. He collects horror merchandise and watches all the 80s horror films religiously. Okay, fine, that is cool. You can have a hobby. That's fine. I like horror films, but I don't watch them that often. It's only when I really need to get something out of my head I will put a horror film on so I can give that panic to the film. The last horror film I watched was A Quiet Place, which was amazing by the way. Anyway, so he was asking me if I saw the trailer for the new Halloween movie. I told him no, because I haven't seen the originals, I don't care to watch the trailer. He then asks me, but did you watch the trailer. I tell him, I saw teasers of it, because I saw ads and stuff of it. Then he asks, what I thought about it. And I told him, I really don't care, I am not involved in the franchise, I know it is good, I know they are good horror films. I just never seen them. I know my mom likes them, I know what they are about, but I just never seen them. And he tells me I should have a marathon of them. Dude, I already told you, I don't care! I have 500 other things I need to watch before I have a marathon of the Halloween movies. I need to watch Harry Potter at least 394 times before anything else. But seriously, did you watch it? I know you already said you didn't, but you should. Gahhhh, get a life dude. I don't even have a life and I am more involved with other things than just horror films from the 80s. Goodness sakes.
I am not obsessed with horror films, but there are some that I liked. I prefer thrillers and mysteries.
• Peoria, Arizona
I love thrillers! They are a bit more fun.
@DesirousDreamer This is also my opinion.
@Jessabuma (33167)
• Baguio, Philippines
I love to watch horror movies and films too hehe!!!
• Peoria, Arizona
That's good. I enjoy them, I am just not obsessed haha
@Jessabuma (33167)
• Baguio, Philippines
@DesirousDreamer hehehe!!! Nice
@tammys85 (12364)
I love the (original) Halloween films, but I wouldn't keep telling someone to watch it when they have made it clear they're not interested. The movies are on DVD/Blu-Ray, and sometimes streaming, as will the new one. There's no rush for you to watch them, if you even do. They're not going anywhere lol.
• Peoria, Arizona
Right? I don't pressure him to watch the stuff I like haha because I don't care if he watches it or not.
@tammys85 (12364)
@DesirousDreamer Right! He needs to let you watch it at your own pace. Not everyone is going to drop everything to watch a movie they're not into lol.
• Peoria, Arizona
@tammys85 I don't even have time to watch stuff I actually want to! haha
I'm not into horror of any kind and have never seen any of the Halloween movies and have no plans to in the future either. 394 times eh. I thought I was doing good having seen the Harry Potter movies three times each so far.
• Peoria, Arizona
I am sure I would like them, it is just annoying when someone pesters me to watch something. MAkes me want to watch it less haha! I have watched and read them many times. I adore Harry Potter.
@DesirousDreamer I've only read the books once. Love them. It took a couple years for me to read them though because they're so thick, not that that's a bad thing. I'm a detail writer, so my books aren't thin either. It's just that I was more into writing at the time than reading, so it took a lot longer than it does the average person. I know what you mean about being pestered about watching certain movies. I was told I needed to watch Mutiny on the Bounty because it would be required reading in high school. It wasn't and I refused to watch it, and still haven't to this day. Maybe someday I will.
• Peoria, Arizona
@just4him I think it is that I grew up with them, I started reading them when I was 8 years old, they kind of just stuck to me. I grew up with the series so I feel very close to it haha
@rakski (23511)
Like yiu I do not watch horror fikms. I dont like it. If you can bear loud screams then you can watch it with me.
• Peoria, Arizona
Haha I think they are fun, but I don't watch them that often.
@rakski (23511)
@Deepizzaguy (15536)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
What really bothers me is that some people just do not know how to speak when they disagree with me over what they like and what I like since I like classic comedy and my critics tell me I live in the 20th century.
• Peoria, Arizona
Gosh that is annoying. You can like whatever you want to like. IT is good to try new things, but people don't need to force it down your throat.
@Deepizzaguy (15536)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
@DesirousDreamer That is true.
@simplfred (5931)
I think your friend is a certified horror number 1 fanatics. Well, I love horror too but when I've already watch it once I'm done.
• Peoria, Arizona
He knows nothing but horror and some superheroes. It is nuts.
@simplfred (5931)
@DesirousDreamer Well, we have some special addiction sometimes.
I tend to like the older movies better than the more gory newest ones.
• Peoria, Arizona
Yeah I like horror that is disturbing, not just blood.
I like horror but I dom not like people to force me to do something either
• Peoria, Arizona
When anyone tells me to watch something, it just makes me want to do it less. Such a rebel.
@sw8sincere (5204)
I don't normally watch horror. . i love crime movies the most.
• Peoria, Arizona
Those are fun, I barely watch any kind of movies haha
@Plethos (11636)
i hate remakes. i also havent seen the halloween movies in years ! this past weekend i did see the "scary" movie called "Hereditary". to me it was, meh. i fell asleep in parts of the film. it was more of a suspense type of film, and i dont particularly like suspense genre.
• Peoria, Arizona
Some remakes just need to not exist. Hollywood just really needs to stop doing them and go back to original content, but alas that doesn't make the money.
@Starmaiden (7636)
That bugs me too. How many times and in how many ways can you say "NO!" before they get the point?
• Peoria, Arizona
Right? Like I don't pester him about the stuff I like or want to show. Goodness haha
• Defuniak Springs, Florida
We usually watch all the original ones during Christmas time, but I haven't seen anything about the new one really yet.
@porwest (8480)
The original was good. The others were questionable. But I do like horror films. But NOT the slash-o-matics. I still want a story. Very few horror movies fit the bill for me.
@quantum2020 (10027)
• Ciudad De Mexico, Mexico
I have known kids who are horror films watchers. I like the Chucky franchise but there is another horror movie that I would like to watch. I donĀ“t remember the name of this new movie but it is similar to the exorcist, which is one of favorites