Absolutely Incredible!

@UncleJoe (10598)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
How many of you have ever heard of Niagara Falls? That question is directed toward folks who aren’t familiar with that Northern region. Not my two wonderful friends who grew up there. As my heading expresses, I just discovered something absolutely incredible about this unique wonder. I think some of you will be amazed as well. Niagara Falls is made up of three different waterfalls. One of them is named the American Falls. In 1969 Canada and the United States joined forces to shut those falls down so engineers could study the rocks to determine how much erosion was occurring. I find that enormously impressive to say the least. However, I am more amazed at the size of the cork they used. Have a quick gander at this clip.
Endeavor to change the course of history, has always been a primary motive of human civilization, through several centuries. It has been observed throughout ...
I didn´t know that. I have heard of the Niagara Falls but I have never been there. I have gone twice to the Iguazu Falls though which are the biggest in the world.
@UncleJoe (10598)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
@marguicha I have seen picture of Iguazu Falls but that can't compare to how breath taking it must be to actually be there.
The Iguazu Falls must be paradise to see up close. The photos are breathtaking.
How about that? I had no idea. Thanks for the link. I knew about the Niagara Falls but that was about all I knew.
@bagarad (12618)
• Paso Robles, California
I had never known this. I learn something new every day.
I have been to Niagara Falls.
@sw8sincere (5019)
I have heard of Niagara falls and some says it is such a beautiful place to visit.
@Platespinner (17038)
Mrs J says she doesn't remember that particular event .
@UncleJoe (10598)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
Probably because she wasn't born yet @Platespinner Emmett.
@UncleJoe she was a baby that summer.
That was pretty neat how they did that.
Thanks for sharing that info. I haven't been there, but have flown by Angel Falls in Canaima National Park in Bolivar State, Venezuela. It's the world's highest uninterrupted waterfall. I think it's about 3200 feet long.
I had only watched on TV and read in books. I do think it is amazing if visiting the place.
Wow! Love the falls. I have been to visit them 3 times. Quite a drive to get there, but worth it.
@iridion9 (9066)
Will take a shower there someday lol
@caopaopao (12367)
I've just heard of this waterfall. But I don't know it.
@rakski (20694)
I watched that in a documentary I think