Of Post/Discussion And Comments In MyLot...

@mandala100 (43235)
Hong Kong
Every day and night we see different kind of post/discussion here in myLot covering a variety of subjects or topics... As I keep on telling over and over again myLot is a "market place of ideas" and no one has the right to expect that every myLotters will like or dislike what one is posting much less to make any comment on one's post...We think differently... If you cannot see my like or comment on your post/discussion, it maybe due to the fact that I: 1. Did not read your post/discussion; 2. I intentionally skip reading it; 3. I'm not interested in the title or content; 4. I cannot really relate to what you are saying in your post/discussion; 5. I don't like the subject; 6. Your post/discussion is too long and not reader friendly; 7. I keep on commenting/liking your post/discussion but I never heard any reply from you; 8. I see your "arrogant" or "rude" behavior in your comment with other myLotters; Need I say more? Picture credit: virtualizationreview.com
@mlgen1037 (29627)
• Manila, Philippines
Hi Peter. I agree with most of it. I will add one to your list: 9. People who comment just for the sake of commenting and their response is either one-liner or because there no point to do a conversation or interaction.
@mandala100 (43235)
Yes my friend thank you for adding something on the list.
@mlgen1037 (29627)
• Manila, Philippines
@mandala100 You are most welcome, Peter.
@mandala100 (43235)
@mlgen1037 Thanks again my friend.
@hereandthere (30964)
there are long posts that i learn something from - about the person, or their situation, their experiences, or the way of life in their countries, the similarities and differences to mine. there are short posts that are nothing but questions.
@mandala100 (43235)
That maybe true my friend.
@Ladanger (1892)
I have thought of posting something like this before as well because some I don't comment because I don't find it friendly or interesting.
@mandala100 (43235)
That's right my friend. You can still post what's on your mind about that my friend.
@db20747 (8032)
• Washington, District Of Columbia
Sometimes U have 2 look harder 2 find a topic!!! Sometimes U will respond because that's all available on the front page!!!
@mandala100 (43235)
That's very true my friend.
@peavey (16588)
I do pretty much the same. There are posts that just don't interest me and others that, while I have an opinion on the subject, I'm not in the mood to get into a debate so I skip them. Since I'm not here every day, I tend to go right on by the "what I did today" posts because i would be hopelessly behind on that person's life.
@mandala100 (43235)
Thank you for your thoughts on this my friend.
@hillhjill (5013)
You do have a good point there, but there are ones that I do skip as well but I do like to read so the long post don't bother me, but if I can't relate or have nothing to say I will like it, to let you know that I read it.
@mandala100 (43235)
Thank you for your comment my friend.
@hillhjill (5013)
@mandala100 you're welcome.
@mandala100 (43235)
@hillhjill Thank you my friend.
@arunima25 (2216)
• Bangalore, India
I agree with most of it. For me, due to lack of time I am not able to go through all that interests me and respond it . Forget about the ones that I can not relate to or understand I think that might be happening with many here
@mandala100 (43235)
Thank you for your thoughts my friend.
@arunima25 (2216)
• Bangalore, India
@mandala100 You are welcome!!
@mandala100 (43235)
@arunima25 How's your day my friend?
@Porcospino (17735)
• Denmark
I agree with the things you mentioned. If I am not interested in the topic or can't relate to the topic I don't respond. If a person never comments back I stop responding and if I get a negative impression of the person through their comments to other myLotters I lose interest in their discussions (number 8)
@mandala100 (43235)
Thank you for sharing your thoughts my friend.
@ptrikha_2 (8273)
Very much valid points. And the "market place of ideas" is a great term.
@mandala100 (43235)
That's right my friend and that's because we have freedom of speech and freedom of thought my friend.
Nice discussion topic you raised. Sometimes I don't have much time in hand so I read the fresh and recent discussions and miss the old ones. When I can't relate to the topic than off course I cannot comment on it.
@mandala100 (43235)
Yes my friend it's so hard to comment on something that you cannot relate to my friend.
@iridion9 (7202)
okay that's your thought
@mandala100 (43235)
Yes that's mine my friend. And what's yours?
@porwest (4806)
There are a variety of reasons I may be less frequent on someone's profile and of course their posts. Some of the reasons you stated here might be some of the reasons I would cite as well.
@mandala100 (43235)
Thank you for the comment my friend.