JJs Vinyl Madness Countdown #519

The third album featuring the late 'Joliet' Jake Blues (John Belushi) and his brother Elwood Blues (Dan Aykroyd). Not as successful commercially or critically as the first two albums, it still reached #49 on the Billboard 200 chart and spawned the #39 single Who's Making Love. Blues Brothers - Made In America
All you fellows, gather round me and let me give you some good advice. What I'm gonna, gonna ask you now you better think about it twice. While you're out ch...
@topffer (36052)
• Svalbard And Jan Mayen
I would have expected you to end with the Blues Brothers albums. I never heard this one, thank you.
@topffer (36052)
• Svalbard And Jan Mayen
@JolietJake I missed it when it was released. My goddaughter is a fan, I think she has not this one, I will try to see if I can buy it here.
I didn't recall they made that many albums. I just had the first once upon a time.
The band continued without Jake, they 4-5 other albums without him
@FourWalls (15174)
When that came out it renewed that argument in my head: how on this earth did Johnnie Taylor go from great songs like "Who's Making Love" to that horrid "Disco Lady." Oh well, the band that turned goat piss into gasoline came through just fine on this album, too!
Disco Lady was called needing a hit to keep career going. Good God, Springsteen's career was heading toward the dumper when he sold out with Dancing in the Dark.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
Love the Blues Brothers. I have a friend who played Elwood for the shows at Universal Studios.