Welcome respite on a hard climb

Bunbury, Australia
I’ve overdoing the discussions a bit but we go to Hobart, Tasmania, tomorrow and I may not be on myLot for a few days. While climbing to a lookout above Wineglass Bay, we came across some lovely natural seats, most of which I took advantage of. It was good to sit for a while till my heart stopped thumping and I caught my breath. In the meantime a little girl of about four skipped past me and ran up the slope with her mother panting along behind. Oh, to be young and have that much energy. Two of the photos show two of the seats. The one that looks like a sunbed was designed and made by architectural students. Some of the stonework over watercourses caught my eye and the fourth photo shows a typical section of the path, most of which was either a sandy track or stone steps.
@Jessabuma (19752)
• Baguio, Philippines
Those are very beautiful view. I would love to relax and rest in this kind of places.
@kepweng (13136)
i think thiers a LOT beautiful places too in philippines??
@Jessabuma (19752)
• Baguio, Philippines
@kepweng yes, I am proud to say we have many beautiful sceneries and tourist attractions here
It was very pretty walking through the bush. @kepweng Yes, I'm sure the Philippines has many beautiful places too.
@mlgen1037 (23484)
• Manila, Philippines
Hi Judy. That place looks like a place I can go when I need to unwind or walk and just be with nature. Very nice and peaceful place.
It was a lovely walk but I found it a bit taxing. If we'd had more time I could have gone a bit slower.
It is a steep climb, steps are often welcome during those walks and even more the bench.
If you want to see the Bay, you have to walk or take a flight over it. The walk down to the beach is 1.5 hours but up to the lookout it is 30 minutes but quite a taxing climb.
@xFiacre (4427)
@judyev You couldn’t overdo a place like that. Beautiful.
The only way to see it is to walk or to take a flight over it.
They looked old, it's a beautiful scenery over there.
In some places nice flat rocks had been positioned so you could rest.
@Icydoll (14323)
That's very nice Judy .good to see these places
Thanks. It is one of Tasmania's most popular landmarks.
They blend nicely into the environment. Your posts are great and I enjoy seeing and learning about what you experience on your trip.
Thanks. It's nice to be able to write about where we've been and what we're doing. You relive the experiences all over again.
@JudyEv That's how I feel when I do travel articles.
@rakski (11370)
those are beautiful photos. Those seats are lovely. I hope you take a picture of you there while sitting. Nice photos. I hope you catch your breath and take it easy.
Thanks. Yes, we have a few photos of both of us too. At the lookout we were all taking photos of each other. There was a little family and the little girl was very hard to photograph as she wouldn't stand still.
@rakski (11370)
@JudyEv oh for sure because the little sees a lot of cute little things that caught her attention
I love the sun bed and, take it easy make sure to eat before your hikes and, bring water.
That was part of the trouble I think. I hadn't had much to eat all day.
@JudyEv Yes, you can do a lot more on a full stomach than a empty one.
@kepweng (13136)
i want to visit thier Soon
It is a very pretty place.
The last climb I did was in New Zealand. Getting down was difficult. In the good old days one saw tiny platforms built of stone along several roads and this was to offload what was being carried - kind of a break They rested there and lifted the load once again for their onward journey
There were quite a few rest points either of wooden chairs or just stone resting places.
I can understand it's not easy to climb without any breaks and glad those natural seats helped and they look pretty good as well
There were a lot of strategically placed stones where you could rest too.
I love all of these photos. The seats are so natural and awesome as well. What a beautiful place to visit.
It was a nice walk but at the moment the sun is going down at 4.40pm so we couldn't really take our time too much.
@Shiva49 (12555)
Looks like out of this world. I recall climbing Mount Bromo, in East Java, Indonesia and I felt I was not on this planet! At least, you are still climbing. going places; I may give it a pass now. This reminds me also of The Three Sisters Footpath in Sydney that I visited in 2003 - siva
I am choosing my walks more carefully now. There was a 1.5 hour walk down to the beach but it was a hard walk so we didn't bother with that one. Certainly the view from the lookout was worth the effort.
Very nice photos. We've been on "walks" that are steep and if its the first time going there, a bench is always a very welcome site!
I was really pleased and relieved to get to the lookout.
It was a strenuous climb.However you could get a bird's-eye-view at the top of the hill.
You cannot drive closer to the Bay. You can walk 1.5 hours down to the Bay but then you don't see the 'wineglass' effect (which is a bit over-rated anyway). So you either walk to the lookout or take a flight over the Bay.
@porwest (3925)
Those young'uns do have a lot of energy, don't they? Happy trails to you.
Thanks. I was pleased to get home again but I've pulled up okay this morning which is good.
I wish I could travel to those kind of places while I'm still able to enjoy like the youngsters do.
Yes, it won't be long and we'll be too old to enjoy such strenuous walks.