Do you enjoy going to concerts?

Happy rainy Saturday from here in Minnesota. I am on day 6 of 6 of the work week, about to put a quick 6 hours of overtime in and then enjoy one day, Sunday off. Am excited for a little time to myself and to unwind after a busy week. This may sound like a generic question, but do you enjoy going to concerts? Maybe only under certain circumstances? I used to love concerts, just being out and getting in the pit. Now that I am older, I dont enjoy them much at all unless I have a SEAT and its a band I really like. One of my favorite bands, Cracker, is coming to town tonight at a small standing room only venue. I was going back and forth with whether or not to go. I dont like standing and getting sweaty in large groups of strangers. But I like this band enough to do it, and its only $25 and starts at 7pm so not too late. What is your feeling about concerts? What was the last one you went to?
@saurabhrmp (1708)
• Hyderabad, India
Just 20 days back, I went for Music concert and as we reached early we got front seat and there is was having good space for my baby to roam around. So, my ful family enjoyed that concert.
Nice. Was it a local band or singer?
• Hyderabad, India
@maezee ; Yes it was emerging local band. But he sang so many songs and also he was asking audience also for their choice of song and singing those songs...
@saurabhrmp , Sounds lovely.
I never enjoyed going to concerts. I like to listen to music, but not to go to live concerts.
Our youngest son loves to go to live concert, but not our oldest one.
@marlina Even when I was young I have never liked to go to live concerts. I do not like crowds.
@LadyDuck I dislike crowds.
The last one I attended was Ray Charles at the House of Blues. All that standing really was not liked by me. I need a seat too.
@Corbin5, I need a seat too when going somewhere.
@marlina Ray Charles was wonderful, but standing for such a long time was so very uncomfortable after a while.
@Corbin5 , Love Ray Charles too.
@ridingbet (53159)
unfortunately, there are no concerts here in my city. in the capital city, concerts are always in every venue there.
I see. What city do you live in?
@ridingbet (53159)
@maezee Philippines, far north
@porwest (4866)
I am like you. Not too keen on concerts these days. But I do enjoy live bands at festivals and fairs, and other establishments.
Yes. That can be fun, especially those big outdoor summery festivals.
@porwest (4866)
@maezee During the summer there are tons. Love it. And then there is the Wisconsin State Fair which I LOVE in August. When I lived in Wisconsin my wife and I went every year, and we lived close enough we could walk to it. Now that we are in Illinois we don't make it every year, but we try to.
• New Delhi, India
I love ...but only if the place is not too loud
Do you ever think about bringing ear plugs? That can help quite a bit.
• New Delhi, India
@maezee no... Maybe because I do not go to such places very often
@chicnthin (2569)
Enjoy your night! Ive never been to a concert but im hoping one day.
Thanks. Some people really love seeing bands and whatnot live. I have mixed feelings about it.
@chicnthin (2569)
@maezee i would be so happy once i am able to go.
@Porcospino (17904)
• Denmark
I don't go to many concerts, but I went to a music festival some years ago. Most of bands were Danish (big names from the 80s and the 90s) I had a nice time there.
That sounds fun. I do like the festivals where there is other entertainment as well.
@Porcospino (17904)
• Denmark
@maezee It was nice. The festival lasted several days, but we only stayed one day. I enjoyed the music, but one day was enough for me because the place was pretty crowded.
@Jessabuma (28591)
• Baguio, Philippines
I have never been to concert hehe!!! I would love to go and experience it also.
Gotcha! Some people love it. I myself am not too sure. About to head to this one now, Ill let you know how that goes.
@Jessabuma (28591)
• Baguio, Philippines
@maezee I hope you enjoyed your time.
@Meramar (2407)
I never was looking forward to assist to any concert. Too many noise, too many people around.... I rather prefer to listen to music in smaller meetings with friends or at home.
I agree. That is more my speed as well.
I don't like getting up front anymore, but I still like going to them occasionally, the last one was Collective Soul/ZZ Top/Sammy Hagar last August
Thats right. I remember you posting about that. I would love to see Collective Soul! Thats my jam!
I only liked to go to classical concerts and that was years ago. Do not like crowds at all anymore.
I dont blame you at all. I am not an anxious person but i get a little bit of anxiety over it.
@1hopefulman (28541)
They have become very expensive and I don't like being squeezed in a crowd with all sorts of smells. So, these days I'm avoiding them. I do still go to outside concerts where I can stand a ta distance from the main crowd.
Smells! Aha yes. I had forgotten.
@cintol (6420)
I haven't been to a concert since I was in my 20's I think, last one I saw was Fleetwood Mac and Heart. I don't think I would go now because I just don't like being around that many people anymore
Exactly. It does seem like a lot of people as they get older dont like these things as much. Thats where Im at aanyway!
@cintol (6420)
@maezee Me too, I enjoy my quiet space and just watching them on tv now
I would not attend one no matter the fun. My anxiety would want me by the exit door. I know it takes a second to get trampled on in some cases. It's been seen and there is nothing better than my chair and a video.
I totally can understand that
@maezee I am so glad you can since It's a thing for sure that could happen.
Hope you have fun and, I liked them more when I drank, also I prefer a seat.
Haha. Yes. Drinking is a big thing for most at concerts. I dont really drink much anymore so maybe thats part of it.
I love concerts! Or at least the ones that I've been too. Which have actually all been country concerts, of artists I reallyyyy love, and with seats.
Yes, sometimes, but I haven't been to a formal one in some time.
The last one I went to was back when I was in college. A rock bank that I really love. WAs in the mid 90s. I don't enjoy concerts as much anymore. But if somebody gives me a ticket to a favorite band of mine, I'd probably go but with my family.
@MarymargII (9770)
• Toronto, Ontario
I do love them if they are not too crazy crowded. WEnt to a good many in my day!