I feel exposed but don't care

@sallypup (27114)
Moses Lake, Washington
I have a love/hate relationship with water aerobics. I love the warm water- as long as I don't get in over my depth of three to four feet. I just am different than the others and I'm probably the youngest participant. I have to hang onto the pool's railing to get into the water. And I struggle to get in and out, due to my wonky knee. BUT I do get the job done by myself. Everyone else is going through the motions that the instructor yells out and there I am, going it slower and carefully. Still I get plenty of exercise. For anyone afraid to go into the pool cause they can't imagine being in a swimsuit in front of others, don't worry about it. There are only one or two participants in the aerobics class that are anywhere near thin. We're just there to exercise, not put on a style show. I show up in a swim top and shorts. So I will continue to proceed, doing my best at water aerobics, Monday and Wednesday morning.
Chlorine is no friend to me, it severely dries out my skin so I don't bother with swimming anymore. As for scarin people cuz I'm in a swimsuit?? Yeah, that would be fun
@sallypup (27114)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@rebelann The Canadians have a system that uses oxygen instead of chlorine. I was in one of their pools one day. Fantastic.
Oh wow @sallypup I've never heard of that kind of system working to clean the water in a swimming pool.
@sallypup (27114)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@rebelann Canadians have their act together!
@DeborahDiane (21638)
• Laguna Woods, California
@sallypup - There are a number of water aerobics classes in our community, but I don't participate. Instead, I love to walk at the beach and often wade in up to my knees.
@sallypup (27114)
• Moses Lake, Washington
I miss the beach. You live in a wonderful area, @DeborahDiane.
• Laguna Woods, California
@sallypup - We were in our 50s when we moved here. We really appreciate how fortunate we are to be here.
@sallypup (27114)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@DeborahDiane I don't know where your part of California is. I'm looking forward to when we move West and can hop a train and head down the coast. I wouldn't mind exploring if I don't have to deal with traffic.
@cintol (6408)
Thats great that you are in that class, I have thought about getting into one to strengthen my core and I hear that is one of the best classes to take.
@sallypup (27114)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@cintol For sure water aerobics strengthens your core and keeps the body upright- something important for me. Falling is not a joke.
@cintol (6408)
@sallypup Maybe I should look into a class for myself, I really need to start working on me. thanks Lenore
@sallypup (27114)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@cintol Go for it! I bet the people in the class will be very friendly.
@caopaopao (8621)
Swimming is good for our health. Hang in there, you'll get a healthy body.
@sallypup (27114)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@caopaopao Thanks. I'm doing my best to strengthen my muscles so that I can continue to walk and not fall.
@caopaopao (8621)
@sallypup You are welcome, dear friend.
• Eugene, Oregon
Doing your best is best really.
@sallypup (27114)
• Moses Lake, Washington
Good for you. Hopefully it might get a bit easier in time.
It's a good exercise with fun..
I would want a full body suit.