Fake dating site

@Porcospino (18427)
Denmark
One of my friends recently joined a fake dating site. This is different from the usual romance scams where scammers use real dating sites to find their victims. On the fake dating sites every profile is fake. The people behind the fake profiles are working for the site. The users pay about $2 each time they send a message to one of the fake profile, and the employees are told to flirt with the users and make the chat conversations as long as possible. The owners of the fake dating site say that they aren't doing anything illegal, because it is written the terms that the profiles are fictive. The information is there, but it is hard to find it. That is intentional of course, and many people don't actually read the TOS when they join a site. Many of the users are angry and they feel that they have been deceived. Unfortunately my friend ended up paying a quite a lot of money before he discovered the truth. Some of the employees are men posing as women and he might have been talking to a man the whole time. Have you heard of that kind of fake dating sites?
@rakski (22168)
Such is a deceit. Faking everything about that
@Porcospino (18427)
• Denmark
Yes, everything is fake. Some of the profiles are men posing as woman
@rakski (22168)
@Porcospino that is outrageous
I know that people spend a lot of money on the dating sites and they never read the TOS, that is a very bad habit. This site is anyway a scam and should be reported.
@Porcospino (18427)
• Denmark
It is true that many people don't read the TOS. The owner of the site knows that, and he took advantage of that. The site has been reported, but the owner says is he isn't doing anything wrong. He says that the information about the fictive profiles is there and it is people's own responsibity to read it.
@Porcospino I think he could be obliged anyway to close the site if it is not very clearly stated that the profiles are fake. It's just like you go to buy a necklace and there is a very small label (almost invisible) that states that it's "fake gold". It's a scam anyway.
@kepweng (18744)
• Waikoloa, Hawaii
@LadyDuck have u Already tried Dating site ?? when u dont meet yet your hubby??
I would not have joined. If I had to pay every time I wanted to talk? I would have realized it was a scam. I'm sorry your friend got scammed out of so much money. I am sure there are many people that want to sue the company.
@Porcospino (18427)
• Denmark
I would also stay way from a site that asked me to pay $2 every time I sent a message. The fact that you have to pay for each message isn't the only indication that the site is a scam. My friend showed me the site and the profiles look fake. The women all look like models. I am sad that my friend lost so much money, he is very angry, but unfortunately he didn't discover the truth in the beginning.
@Porcospino I guess he was very hopeful. Even on a normal social media site, if a profile picture looks amazing, the person looks gorgeous? Then I assume it's a fake account. I hope he has learned not to trust everything he sees now.
@Porcospino (18427)
• Denmark
@ScribbledAdNauseum His girlfriend broke up with him and he really wanted to find a new girlfriend. Unfortunately he found this dating site instead of a real dating site. I think that he will be more careful in the future.
@mlgen1037 (29626)
• Manila, Philippines
Hi Porcospino. Sorry it happened to your friend. The site was leading and false reassurance. Always be careful, not all is safe.
@Porcospino (18427)
• Denmark
I am sad that he lost the money. He knows the truth now, but for a long time he believed that the site was real and he kept chatting with the profiles. He is taking a break from online dating now.
@mlgen1037 (29626)
• Manila, Philippines
@Porcospino Poor guy. But I think it is better that way for now.
@Porcospino (18427)
• Denmark
@mlgen1037 I hope that he will be able to find a new girlfriend because he really wants that. Maybe it is better to meet someone offline.
sites that ask for money are scams
@Porcospino (18427)
• Denmark
I am married so I don't use those sites, but I know that there are free sites. It is not neccesary to pay for online dating sites.
@Porcospino i just join free ones
Why would I join a site that makes me pay in order to have someone to talk to? Being in myLot, interacting with the members is already more than enough for me to talk about anything I want to read and comment to.
@Porcospino (18427)
• Denmark
On myLot we get paid for talking, so it is the exact opposite. If mylotters had to pay $2 each time they wrote a comment the members would disappear really fast
@hillhjill (5678)
No never heard anything about it, sorry that your friend got scammed and good thing they found out it was a scam or they could of gotten even more money.
@Porcospino (18427)
• Denmark
Yes, at least he knows the truth now. He tried to get a date with some of the profiles, but they kept postponing it. the employers earned money each time he sent them a message, so they kept chatting.
@hillhjill (5678)
@Porcospino that is a shame that had to happen and to all the other people out there falling for it as well.
@id_peace (7633)
Oh no. this is the first time I had earn about that.
@Porcospino (18427)
• Denmark
Unfortunately you have to be very careful when you join a dating site. Many people joined this site and of course they were very angry when they discovered what was really going on there.
• Calgary, Alberta
Why pay for a dating site if there is Tinder and it is free. If they want a decent online dating site though, There is Coffee meets bagle.
@Porcospino (18427)
• Denmark
Yes, there are several other options. We also have some free dating sites from my country, but they are quite small and few people use them. The most popular dating site in Denmark is site where you have to pay.
@JESSY3236 (7294)
no. But I wouldn't join since I have someone already.
@Porcospino (18427)
• Denmark
I wouldn't join either. I am married.
@wolfgirl569 (10371)
• Marion, Ohio
Hadnt heard about that, but if the info is there then they are being legit. Always read all of the fine print.
@Porcospino (18427)
• Denmark
My friend learned that the hard way. The information is there, but you have to read all the details to find it.
@louievill (19725)
Its a hard way to learn the lesson to read TOS and be diligent in doing a research before joining any site, not just dating sites for that matter. Never heard of it but I most probably won't be scammed by it, I'm sorry for your friend though that he fell for for the trap and bait
@Starmaiden (7641)
That is a heartless way to scam people. Preying on the emotions of others to make money.
@Porcospino (18427)
• Denmark
I agree. I don't understand the owners or the people who choose to work there. I couldn't work for that kind of site.
Actually, this is the first time, I have heard of a fake site.
@Porcospino (18427)
• Denmark
I heard about it when my friend told me about his experience. Later I read an interview with the owner, and he keeps saying that he isn't doing anything wrong.