Up Early for Nothing

My daughter and I got up early because the dog groomer was coming. We wanted to make sure we were up, dressed, had breakfast and that the dogs went out and were ready when the groomer came. Guess what....she texted at the time she was supposed to be here and cancelled. So, we got up early for nothing. The weather is overcast but only in the mid 60's degrees F so it's perfect for sitting outside which is what we did. Took the dogs out and then had our coffee on the deck and enjoyed greeting the day outside. We're supposed to get rain and thunderstorms at some point during the day but right now the temperature is heavenly even if the sun isn't shining. I have no specific plans for the day and will just let the day unfold as it goes along. Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend
@dodo19 (33697)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
Sorry to hear that you guys got up early for nothing. It would have been nice to let you know sooner, but such is life. Hope you guys have a good day.
We are just relaxing and letting the day unfold
@dodo19 (33697)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
@Marilynda1225 That's nice. You gotta love those days sometimes
@porwest (7438)
Well, that stinks. Either way, I am sure you still found something to make the extra time worthwhile. Weather is cooler here as well which is very nice. We have had the windows open for a couple of days now, and I just love that. Hate having to run the air all the time.
I love when we can turn off the a/c or heat and enjoy natural weather. We didn't have the thunderstorms predicted and it was nice to have the windows open all day
@porwest (7438)
@Marilynda1225 It gets way too stuffy with the house all closed up, so yes, it's a pleasure to be able to let the fresh air in. Even yesterday with the power out we had from a storm the night before was refreshing despite the intense heat of the day. Windows are shuttered again as we speak and AC is on. It is what it is.
@august18 (4030)
• Tunisia
Have a nice weekend.
Hope you have a good weekend too
@august18 (4030)
• Tunisia
@Jessabuma (33192)
• Baguio, Philippines
Thanks and hopefully you will enjoy your weekend too.
Hope you enjoy your weekend too
@Jessabuma (33192)
• Baguio, Philippines
@Marilynda1225 thank you
@Marilynda1225 I hate when that happens you get up earlier than usual and want everything all set for the person to come and then they cancel or something cancels.
I hate when that happens too but sometimes it's unavoidable. It really didn't interrupt my day as much as I just got up earlier than usual.
@Marilynda1225 I am glad it didn't interrupt you day. How did you feel by the end of the day since you had to get up earlier than usual?
It's a shame she didn't give you a bit more notice but hopefully you enjoyed the early start.
She got up feeling sick so I guess there wasn't much time for advance notice.
@Marilynda1225 Fair enough.
I wouldn't mind the mid 80s but the 60s would be way too cold for me
60's can be a little cool. I prefer 70's but once it hits 90 and above I'm too hot
I guess it all depends on what we're used to @Marilynda1225 I like upper 80s and 90s but those triple digits can be hard to take, I'm just glad it isn't humid here.
@Icydoll (24745)
Hope you will have a good day my dear friend.
Thank You! hope you enjoy your weekend
@Icydoll (24745)
@Marilynda1225 yes,I had a great weekend.. thanks dear friend
I hope you have a good day despite getting up for nothing. hopefully you can get the dogs groomed another day
Yes we'll just reschedule . It really wasn't a problem and I'm happy to have the time to relax
@Marilynda1225 that is good you had the time to relax! hope you enjoyed your day!
@id_peace (7633)
It happened to me last week. My part timer was not around for 2 weeks and I had asked her for a temporarily one. The temporarily helper stood up on me only got the part timer to call me last minute. I had to do my stuff.
It's hard when you have to rearrange everything to accommodate someone who doesn't show up
I hate it when things get canceled.
Me too but sometimes we just have to go with the flow. At least it wasn't something that caused a lot of problems with the cancellation
That can be really frustrating. She could have given you advance information
She got up feeling sick so I guess there wasn't much time for advance notice
It is the lovely 70s here, which is a nice break from the heat and humidity. No rain, so that is good. Glad you got to sit outside and enjoy the weather.
We never got the predicted thunderstorms so it was nice to have the windows open and enjoy some cool air
Have a good weekend, things are off to a good start here :)
Happy to hear your weekend is off to a good start
It was good that she at least let you know even though she could of done it sooner. It's nice here today and I'm just relaxing and reading and watching TV.
It's a perfect day for relaxing
Thunder woke me an hour before I wanted to get up.
I hate when that happens. I need my beauty sleep
I got up rather early for me today as well. glad weather is nice where you are..is gloomy here, and was raining earlier.
It's overcast but not raining yet
@garymarsh6 (14429)
I like getting up early which means you have more of the day to enjoy! I hope you enjoy the rest of the day!
So far it's been quiet and relaxing. Not complaining
Well, you got an early start on enjoying Saturday!
Saturday is shocked to see me so early
@caopaopao (12553)
If he can't come, he should tell you in advance. So that you don't have to get up so early. Enjoy your weekend anyway.