Parties - what are your traditions?

@Porcospino (17931)
Denmark
My husband and I have some friends from Burma (Myanmar) When we visit them they serve food and drinks for us, but they don't touch the food or the drinks. They eat when we aren't there. When Danes invite friends, the host and the visitors eat together. Our friends are immigrants, and they have been living in Denmark for several years, but they still keep their own tradition and they eat before or after their visitors arrive. In Denmark the host usually sets the table before the visitors arrive, and they need to know the number of visitors in advance. In Denmark it is important that you show up on time. If the party starts at 6 p.m. we are expected to arrive at that time. If we arrive later we call the host and let them know. What is it like in your country? Do you eat together when there is a party? Do you are arrive on time or later?
@xiaolisu (1343)
we eat together and usually the host should finished first then visitor can finished. if the visitor finished first that means he dislike the food
@Porcospino (17931)
• Denmark
That is interesting. Here it is a little different. If the visitor keep eating the host will also eat a bit more, so that the visitor isn't eating alone.
Punctuality is important and we do eat together. In recent years we have sometimes gotten to where we start before the one perpetually late family shows up.
@Porcospino (17931)
• Denmark
We also have a family member who arrives late. We usually wait for him, but it happens almost every time. I always show up on time. I don't like keep people waiting if they are preparing food etc.
yes we do eat together I am very punctual on arriving .I hate when people are late here for our dinner party.
@Porcospino (17931)
• Denmark
I am the same way. I always arrive on time. We like to have a dinner party with friends.
@aureliah (16195)
Its good to keep traditions. Here in Kenya the host eats together with the guests if this does not happen the guests may not eat the food. Kenyans are not good time keepers
@Porcospino (17931)
• Denmark
In my country we also eat together. I don't know much about the food from Kenya. Do you have any favourite dishes that you like to cook when people visit you?
@aureliah (16195)
@Porcospino Yes we have pilau which is spiced up rice and beef stew or grilled meat
@Porcospino (17931)
• Denmark
@aureliah That sounds delicous
In my country, we don't have special rituals. I do like to learn this such culture.
@Porcospino (17931)
• Denmark
I think that it is interesting to learn about the different cultures. MyLot is a great way to learn more about other countries and I also like to meet immigrants in my country and learn about their cultures.
@Porcospino I agree. I had been to some places and being entertained by their cultures and practices.
@wolfgirl569 (4911)
• Marion, Ohio
Most times everyone eats together here.
@Porcospino (17931)
• Denmark
We also do that. We were a little surpriced when we discovered that our friends from Burma serve food for us without eating.
@Icydoll (20009)
Yes ,we eat together when there is a party my dear friend.. actually here party always starts very late than the actual time...so I will go late
@Porcospino (17931)
• Denmark
I think that it is nice to eat together. I am not a good cook, so my husband usually cooks for us when we invite people.
Traditions we all used to participate as a family have long since stopped unfortunately due to many of the family moving far away, some passing from this earthly plane to another, and some emotional distance made by existing siblings, surviving the losses as we have. There was one tradition though that serves my memory well, every time we all were together about to eat, all of us participated in a 'grace blessing' if you will despite not being a true believer, and there was no judgment.