My Journey

Lubbock, Texas
Life is crazy! When we're young we want to be older and now that I am older I wish that I could find a time machine somewhere. Go back and start over, now that I know the path of the choices I made when I was younger. At least that's how I feel sometimes anyways. Most days... but I am learning to get over it. To learn how to live in the now and work from now for a better tomorrow. I have to say that I started this journey of self awareness about a year ago, and boy has it been hard. When I sat down and really got honest with myself about myself I cried. I thought about the relationships I had been in and when I came to the realization of why I ignored the red flags, that is what broke me down. The friendships, or shall I say the lack there of friendships. All the time I spent lying to myself about who I was and what I was. I can't go back in time though, all I can do is build from here and I've decided that the best way to begin to really move forward and really thrive is to get it all out in some shape form or fashion. So hopefully this site will be my form of expression and hopefully I can reach out to someone else who may be going through some of same things. So I welcome whomever wants to take this journey with me. This should be interesting!
@Starmaiden (7642)
I'm not sure of your age but for me, life really began at 40. It was a time of my life that woke me up to myself in so many ways. People pose the question; "If you could go back in time and give your younger self some advice, what would say?" I tell them that if I had that chance, I would tell her; "Thank You!" It was she who had gotten me this far and endured the pain and trauma that accompanies enlightenment.
• Lubbock, Texas
@Starmaiden, I wish there was a love button for your comment! I am 29, and I feel like if there was something I had to tell my younger self it would be “ Believe in yourself, stop take a breath and really know you. “. I feel a lot of my life I have missed out on because I didn’t know who I was for so very long. Because I didn’t wanna admit I was hurting. I wish I could be brave enough to tell my younger self “ Thank you” though.
@Danawarr25 I always say that if you or someone else can learn something valuable from your mistakes, then they weren't mistakes. My spirit guide had told me once; "It isn't about who you can become. It is about Who You Are." Believe in yourSELF. Trust that she knows exactly what she is doing even when it seems that she doesn't.
@Danawarr25 Dana, do you mind me asking what you feel that you missed out on?
As long as we live we grow, sounds like you discovered a lot about yourself at a young age, be grateful for that, and keep on growing.
• Lubbock, Texas
@popciclecold thank you. I feel like I really have learned a lot about myself along the way and there’s still so much to learn. I feel like I’m a step closer to where I would like to be. I am very grateful thanks again!
@banksim (2645)
Life is journey is goes on, wether good or bad times does not last for long, life keeps on changing.
• Lubbock, Texas
You are definitely right about that. Yet sometimes depending on a person's journey some people decide that life shouldn't go on. So I feel like it is important to express ourselves and connect with one another so that we just saying to ourselves that life goes on isn't something that we just say to our selves! Thanks for commenting!
@banksim (2645)
@Danawarr25 yes good and bad phase are part of life..
• Lubbock, Texas
@banksim It's important to think about it though, because then you soon realize the good outweigh the bad.
@nomus24g (24863)
hmmm...interesting, life has to go on...
• Lubbock, Texas
@TintinFan I am glad you feel the same way! I am fortunate enough that I realized that life still has a lot to offer. I think that is one of the reasons I just snapped out of the place that I was in, because life has so much to offer and I want to take advantage of every opportunity I have to see what is in store for me.
@nomus24g (24863)
@Danawarr25 one has to adapt to various situation life passes through....
• Lubbock, Texas
@nomus24g (Sorry I just noticed that I was putting the wrong @ name when replying to you) True, but I think that the adapting is where some get caught up. In my case I had so much pride, but I had to realize that in order for things to change I needed to make some changes. Don't you think that could in fact be where most people may get caught up?
@mlgen1037 (29626)
• Manila, Philippines
Hi Dana! Welcome here in mylot. Enjoy. I hope you will enjoy your journey here with us.
• Lubbock, Texas
@mlgen1037 Thank you for the warm welcome ! I’m sure I will love it here all you guys have welcomed me with open arms!
@mlgen1037 (29626)
• Manila, Philippines
@Danawarr25 Always a pleasure, Dana. See you around.
@Jessabuma (33192)
• Baguio, Philippines
Very well stated. Life sometimes crazy..
• Lubbock, Texas
Thank you! And yes indeed life does that for sure, but it all comes down to how we deal with it in the end.
@Jessabuma (33192)
• Baguio, Philippines
@Danawarr25 yes that's right. You're welcome
I am very interested in following you on your journey as I enjoy getting to know people and the things that they have been through to get where they are today. I don't always pry or ask anyone to answer anything they don't want to, but I am willing to listen to what that person has and is comfortable with sharing. I am an open book myself and also have my own journey that I am willing to share with whoever wishes to know.
• Lubbock, Texas
That’s really good to know and you sound like someone that I wouldn’t mind getting to know.
@BloggerDi (901)
Your post and comments show me that you are a courageous and insightful young woman! Blessing to you as you continue to heal from the past and learn, grow and move forward.
• Lubbock, Texas
Thank you Diana ! I am woman hear me roar! I really appreciate your kind words of encouragement!
@neelia_lyn (2017)
Somehow, I think I can relate to your sentiments. Well, there's nothing we can do about the past. We only have to make sure that what we are and do in the present are something that make us happy and leave us with no regrets when we look back 5 or 10 years from now.
• Lubbock, Texas
I’m glad I reached someone who can relate. A lot of the we know that people may go through similar things or may be able to relate to us, but there’s still that part of us that feels so alone. This is what I was hoping for because I know I can’t do this alone, plus I’m always willing to help out out where I can. I found this sight and thought “ everything happens for a reason”! Thanks for commenting @neelia_lyn!
As you get older, you will find more and more you want that time machine to correct mistakes and make different decisions.
• Lubbock, Texas
Oh I hope not. My hopes are to get to a place where I’m happy where I am in life.
@Icydoll (24600)
Life should go on my dear friend..
• Lubbock, Texas
Of course it does!
life is definitely crazy.
@mandala100 (50415)
Hello and welcome to myLot my friend. Good luck and enjoy myLot my friend.
@SRSaba (1017)
• Chennai, India
Good! nice to heir.. I remembering my life!