Replacement words...

So a discussion about 'f-bombs' got me thinking...I know, dangerous activity, might hurt myself this early in the morning. But why do people get upset by one word that means something, but by substituting a different word, it doesn't seem to bother them? I'm sure there are some that drop 'the f-word' in conversations just to 'shock' people...but to me, sometimes that can be the exact word I need to correctly display how I feel about something. There is a big difference between referring to "Those freakin' idiots" and "Those f***in' idiots" And you can bet your life if I drop a 100 pound weight on my foot, I am not going to yell "Fiddlesticks!" Sure...I'm not going to go to church and talk to the pastor and nonchalantly say "Oh, did you hear about f***in' Joe and Sue getting a divorce?" But you can bet when my neighbors set fireworks off at midnight and wake me up, they have just earned the title of "my f***in' neighbors" Perhaps there is a time and a place for everything...
@sprite1950 (14496)
• Corsham, England
I use very bad words when I am alone. I even make myself laugh at some of them because no one in a million years would believe it of me!
@myklj999 (20021)
Bad word! BAD! No supper for you!
@sprite1950 (14496)
• Corsham, England
@myklj999 I think you would be really surprised if you heard me sometimes
@mlgen1037 (29623)
• Manila, Philippines
Just F****** leave it alone. Hahaha
Exactly
@mlgen1037 (29623)
• Manila, Philippines
@sabtraversa (13331)
If the F word could be so easily replaced, why would it even exist? Yes, there are times you can't really replace it. Beep.
Well (expletive deleted)
@wolfgirl569 (12195)
• Marion, Ohio
I f***in agree
@rakski (23594)
oh yes, there is time for f**** everything!!!
Time and a place for everything is so true. And we can't be what others want us to be. We have to be our own person and do as we see fit whether it be using certain slang or whatever.