They tell me to just put stop leak in the oil and additives to the gas tank.

Dallas, Texas
I really do not like adding chemicals to the car's oil or engine's gas tank, but they are not the ones who drive our 95 Caddy. It needs to have it's leaks fixed, it's valve cover removed and the gasket replaced and check all of the valves and lifters to make sure they are all okay. And a vacuum leak. Don't get me started. That car has about as many issues as a broken mirror that fell down a mine shaft.
@dodoazo (19301)
What a sad fate of your car. Are you using it regularly for I believe you need a new car?
• Dallas, Texas
If the car doesn't pass the second go around, I will have to take it to a shop where they can do a vacuum leak test, and another test with the ignition system, including fuel injectors, MAP sensor, PCV and idle control as well as the cooling system and the catalytic converter, the oxygen sensor or sensors, and the fuel pump. Basically leave no stone unturned. If it proves to be more expensive to fix it than it is to save up for a new second hand car, I will not do all that is needed to fix this one but save for a different car, not another Cadillac. Our car is nearly 24 years old already and before it was in our possession, it had been driven all over the country from Texas to California and it had high mileage on it before we even started driving it.
@dodoazo (19301)
@lookatdesktop That's impressive for such a long years of service
• Dallas, Texas
@dodoazo , If we had it from the beginning, it would be in almost new condition. If I ever get another car, being perfectly honest, I don't know how much I will have to save for one, I will have it looked over completely and will do my utmost to maintain it for the duration. At my age, another car should outlast even me.
@mlgen1037 (29621)
• Manila, Philippines
Hi Anthony. I kind of got confused.
• Dallas, Texas
Well, I was venting more on this one rant about our old Caddy. Sorry about that. This is certainly not one of my better discussions.