A Nocturnal Visit.

By Kaz
United Kingdom
Last night, sat in the living room, we heard quite a kerfuffle in the front garden. I had a look and one of the bushes, a hypericum, seemed to be alive it was moving so much. One of our cats had also been peering through the window for some time. I went to have a look and there was a young fox, one of this year's cubs, jumping towards the bush and then retreating a bit. He seemed frustrated about not being able to get something and then he gave up and crossed the street. A few minutes later there was more noise and the vegetation moving seemingly by itself - there was a hedgehog. No wonder the fox got frustrated, those things are not to be messed with (unless you are a badger). An older fox would have ignored it but I guess the youngster hadn't found one before. The hedgehog crossed the street and went the same way as the fox and I wonder if they met up again. Do you get nighttime visitors like that?
@august18 (4024)
• Tunisia
I only get bats as nightime visitors.
We see bats here. Mostly the pipistrelle variety which are quite small.
@dodoazo (21609)
We live in a small city. Our house is located just across the city street. We couldn't experience what you're relating, of course. By the way, thanks for the new word you introduce, kerfuffle. I find it hard to understand for it's the first time I meet same with hypericum. I add them to my list of new-found words.
@Micmac (9606)
I have seen raccoons and skunks as nighttime visitors.
@Icydoll (25958)
No dear..we don't have any night time visitors like that
@Jessabuma (33167)
• Baguio, Philippines
Never have a night time visitors like that..
@boiboing (12881)
• Northampton, England
I get a few hedgehogs in my garden. I'm happy for them to visit.
Do you get a lot of nocturnal kind of creatures wreaking noise in your yard ? We just get deer and skunks . . . and whew the latter is awful !
@boiboing (12881)
• Northampton, England
I love it when hedgehogs come to visit
• French Southern Territories
Not in this neck of the woods for me though. But on some mornings, I have seen a beautiful canary or a unique species bird hanging on a branch and then flew off. It's just so cute and tiny.