How Effin Rude

On Sunday my sister, mom, and our youngest brother's girlfriend went to our other brother's fiance's bridal shower. Today on Facebook she posted about having a bachelorette party and she tagged every single person under the age of 40 who was at her bridal shower, except for me and my sister. She included her sister-in-law and our brother's girlfriend, but not the two of us. I wouldn't have gone anyway but the deliberate snub is freaking rude. We're good enough to accept gifts from but not to sing karaoke with her and her stupid circle? Eff that. Now I don't even know if I want to go to her wedding. I already didn't care for her loud mouth but now I really don't like her. I guess my sister and I know where we stand with her. Stupid b*tch.
That had to hurt. This person seems like one who is not worth of your company, that's for sure.
Yes, it does hurt. You would think that she wouldn't snub the people whose family she is marrying into! And no, she's not worthy of our company. If it was just her and her friends, I would be understanding, but she invited my youngest brother's girlfriend and her brother's wife, so this is obviously deliberate.
@Corbin5 She also invited her own mother....my mom is also upset at being snubbed. It seems like we are the only ones from the bridal shower who are being excluded.
@Srbageldog Some people have absolutely no concern regarding the feelings of others.
That pretty insulting. There was no need to be so openly rude.
I'm so mad over it. I know I'm probably being petty but I'm not exactly rich (her family is) and I had to fork out money for her bridal shower gift... Only to get snubbed in return? It's our family she's marrying into, you would think she would be more careful about how she treats us!
@Srbageldog Does your brother have anything to say, are does he even notice something is wrong?
@AmbiePam He has not said anything about it.
@Daelii (5817)
I'm sorry! I know people treat Facebook like the holy grail. Its however easy to accidentally not tag someone when you think you did, etc. Its possible she may have meant to include you. If not... Then I'm really sorry! Some extended family can be very rude!
Thank you. You're right, it is easy to accidentally not tag someone... But the fact that she didn't tag me or my sister makes it seem deliberate. You would think she wouldn't snub the people whose family she is marrying into!
I would mention it, and then say that I wouldn't go anyways.
I am very tempted to say something, but I know it will just start drama. Then again, she is the one who decided to be childish by excluding us! We are the family she is marrying into, so you'd think she wouldn't deliberately be snubbing us. Like what, we're not good enough for her? She also made rude remarks about the gifts we gave her, which I'm also ticked off about.
@Srbageldog i mean, i personally wouldnt care for anyone in my boyfriend's family if him and i got married, but thats because i dont now beforehand, and neither does he. And vice versa. But its rude to invite you to one and not the other, and to talk bad about the gifts.
@Courtlynn She has always been friendly toward us but we are definitely not what I would call "friends." Not like I was with my brother's ex-wife. And exactly, why invite us to the bridal shower and then exclude us from her other pre-wedding stuff? Especially since she invited everyone else who was there...If she had just invited her friends, I wouldn't think anything of it. But she invited her mom, her sister-in-law, and my youngest brother's girlfriend...so it seems like a deliberate snub. Why would you invite your fiance's brother's girlfriend, but not his sisters? Just...rude. Oh well, I'm mostly over it now. Still ticked off but, eh, F-her. She's not worth my time or energy.
She is stupid and rude, do not go to her wedding, ignore her.
If I go to the wedding, it is only for my brother, not for her. And I am good at ignoring people.
@Srbageldog I hope your brother will not regret marrying her.
@LadyDuck There is a part of me that hopes their marriage doesn't last, simply because I do not like her and don't want to have to know her forever. That probably makes me a bad person.
I suppose it's possible she thought she tagged everyone but didn't . . . then again there are some who play childish games like that on FB. I have gone through similar but different things on FB with certain family/friends, it just doesn't feel good and yes, it is very rude.
If one of us had been excluded, I would agree with you...but the fact that she didn't tag either of us, or our mom, makes it seem deliberate. I wouldn't even think twice about it, but she invited her own mother, her brother's wife, and my youngest brother's girlfriend...so it just seems like she is purposely excluding us. I wouldn't go anyway, but it's the knowledge that she is intentionally excluding us that has my blood boiling. It would have been nice to be asked, at least!
@Srbageldog Your mom too? Argh. This is different, but my mom got fed up with her many siblings and we didn't really see that side of the family for years. Then we had a sort of family reunion after a memorial for my grandparents . . . and then we were invited to my cousin's wedding. We thought all was mostly ok . . . but then we were mortified with the family slide show at the wedding. It excluded my mom from all the sibling shots . . . and it excluded my sister and I from any of the cousin shots. I guess "we" were not included in the family history and it was as if we were erased . . . it was a slap in the face. We went to one more cousin wedding where the family photographer (my mom's brother) did not even bother to take photos of our table. That was the last straw and we just said we're not going to deal with these so-called family functions anymore. There's more to this, but I know just how you feel.
@much2say Oh, I'm so sorry your mom's family did that to you guys! I can definitely relate...that is how my dad's side of the family has always treated us. Like we don't exist! I have dealt with that all my life, and I won't tolerate it now. It is like a slap in the face. I think that is partially why this whole ordeal with my brother's fiancee is bothering me so much -- I've gone my whole life being treated like I'm inferior to my dad's relatives, and they always acted like my mom didn't even exist, and now my brother's fiancee and her family are pulling the same crap? I won't put up with it. Especially when it comes to stuck-up jerks snubbing my mom!
Don´t go and don´t send any important gift. You can say you are very ill at that moment.
Good idea.
@Srbageldog I am not going to spend my valuable time with rude people.
@marguicha Life is too short to waste it on such people.
@Srbageldog That was really rude. I am sorry.
Thank you. Some people are just inconsiderate and rude, unfortunately.
@Srbageldog You are so so right and it is very sad.
@stbrians (15854)
• Kakamega, Kenya
Do not quarrel with her. But just attend the wedding. No hard feelings
The wedding is being held 3 hours away from where we live and we will be inconvenienced by having to travel to it. I don't know if I want to bother. This is not my brother's first marriage and I doubt this one will last.
@Daelii (5817)
@Srbageldog 3 hours one way?? So yeah... I can definitely see why one wouldn't want to attend. There are all kinds of things to factor in planning a wedding location.. And if she's snubbing you and making it an in convince to attend.. She likely doesn't want the attendance...
It shows that she doesn't like you so just ignore her she s got a problem
Exactly so. Now I don't like her either.
What a b*tch! I am with you F her, you don`r really need her around anyways.
Nope, she's not worth my time or energy.
That is very rude to do. I would not go to her wedding.
If I go it is only for my brother, not for her.
When I found that members of my family only included me in things where there were gifts involved, I announced that I was henceforth opting out of any gift-giving obligations - such as Christmas and birthdays - and giving money to charity instead. As I suspected, my siblings stopped bothering with me all together. In the end I gave up with them entirely and have had a grand total of two calls in almost fifteen years. I didn't appreciate the two calls either! Some folks just aren't worth any effort.
You are right, some people aren't worth any effort. It sounds like you are better off without your siblings. I hate when people only include me because they think they can get something from me. Those people aren't worth knowing!
Sounds quite the rude lady there.
She is a rich, privileged snot, and a phony.
@id_peace (7602)
I only KTV with people whom are my inner circles.
What would happen if you didn't go to the wedding?
I honestly don't know. My brother might be mad, but he barely talks to me to begin with. We used to be really close but now we're not.
@Srbageldog Have you talked this through with your mother?
@MALUSE Yes. She is upset that she was not invited to the bachelorette party also, as my brother's fiancee invited her own mother. It seems like we were the only ones from the bridal shower who are not being included.
is that the same chick that was staying with you guys awhile back?