Do you Have Bittersweet Memories of Love?

@josie_ (8018)
Is it possible to forget even with the passing of time? In unguarded moments the past have a way of sneaking up on us. Bitter Sweet Memories Bitter sweet are the memories of you fading in and out from my distant past Like murmuring waves calling out to shore a plaintive cry of love unrequited They are the shadows gathering in vengeance a staccato of grief and sorrow the unforgiving pain closes in Light is overcome by darkness we find comfort in forgetting I flee the bitter truth drinking from the cup of oblivion Hic! Photo:Wikimedia
@sol_cee (18077)
• Japan
The ‘hic’ though. Hehe
@josie_ (8018)
An afterthought.
@sol_cee (18077)
• Japan
@josie_ and here I was thinking it’s the main point. Hehe
@josie_ (8018)
@sol_cee _Bittersweet memories often induce the desire for intoxication. Hic!
@flapiz (6969)
Wow! Well written. It reminds me of my bittersweet memories of love. Glad I found someone to make them not so bitter.
@josie_ (8018)
Thank you. I'm glad you found someone new to ease the pain of the past. Life must go on and we need to move forward.
@flapiz (6969)
@josie_ It was always one sided for me while I was growing up. One sided crushes are very common. I finally got lucky!
@josie_ (8018)
@flapiz _I think it's called "ligaw-tingin" I had those too growing up. In our generation girls who were too forward were frown upon by our elders. We had to be the "Maria Clara" stereotype.
@crossbones27 (21982)
• Redlands, California
Busted out a peom, Love it. Positive and dark, neat how you did that.
@josie_ (8018)
When I'm at a lost at what topic to post for discussion, I turn poetic.
@arunima25 (9143)
• Bangalore, India
@josie_ We loved your poetic side!! Please write more often.
@josie_ (8018)
@arunima25 Thank you.
@ridingbet (60493)
i like it. ...let's drink to that!
@josie_ (8018)
Glad you like it. Unfortunately I must decline because....hic!
@ridingbet (60493)
@josie_ water as chaser would be fine. or ice cubes?
@josie_ (8018)
@ridingbet _I'm more concern with the hangover.
I love the poem,which affords food for thought,though a bit difficult for me to get into.
@josie_ Li T'ai-po is a famous poet of the Tang dynasty (618-907 A.D.) here.I have read the romantic poem above.
@josie_ (8018)
@changjiangzhibin89 _Something gets lost in translation but I like how it express my feelings and it partly influence the poem I wrote. I deleted it because it may have violated mylot's copy/paste rules. Just to be safe and not have this post removed.
@bunnybon7 (37637)
• Holiday, Florida
thats sweet and yes as i age that happens more and more. remembering good times long gone by
@josie_ (8018)
Those are memories we should treasure. They are like a warm blanket that provide comfort, bittersweet as they may be.
@bunnybon7 (37637)
• Holiday, Florida
@arunima25 (9143)
• Bangalore, India
Nice poem!! Every relationship will have it's bittersweet memories to cherish down the memory lane
@josie_ (8018)
Thank you, glad you like it. I try to avoid going down memory lane if possible. The trip tends to get bumpy.
@arunima25 (9143)
• Bangalore, India
@josie_ Yes it might get bumpy. But better to avoid the bumpy ones and cherish only the Rosy ones.
A lovely poem the emotions shine through. As for me I still miss my husband. This August will be one year since he passed on. However, I have the memories and I have returned to the US and I am in Daytona Beach, Florida ready to start a new life and put the past behind me.
@josie_ (8018)
I'm sorry for your lost. I hope fond memories of him help you through his passing. It is good to know that you are starting a new life but from time to time open that box of treasured memories. The past, the present and the future are all inextricably bond together.
@Icydoll (25777)
Very nice poem my dear friend
@josie_ (8018)
Thank you for the appreciation.
@Lissiel (430)
That's a beautiful peom, thanks for sharing with us. We always have our bittersweet memories, if you haven't experience it-- your life isn't complete.
@josie_ (8018)
Thank you. As the word "bittersweet" imply. You can't have one without the other.