noONE

@ridingbet (60843)
It is Sunday once again and it is time to cleanse the soul. The 3 of us are going to church so we will leave the house with only the dogs guarding it. There will be 3 among the 11 who will stay outside at the veranda while the rest will be inside. They sleep anyway when nobody is at home, then they bark vigorously once we come back home. We also remind our neighbors that nobody is manning the house except for the dogs. Can you trust your dogs to guard your house when you leave them home alone?
@Jessabuma (33167)
• Baguio, Philippines
Yes , when I was in our home island, we had 2 askal dogs before and they guarded the house whenever we leave. Have a great day po !
@ridingbet (60843)
happy Sunday, hija. yes, askals or the new name as ASPIN (asong pinoy) are great guards of the house.
@Jessabuma (33167)
• Baguio, Philippines
@ridingbet yes that's right po..
@ridingbet (60843)
@Jessabuma do you still have them in your house?
@YrNemo (14768)
You have 11 dogs there? Mama mia! (I am thinking of the amount of food you have to feed them per day.)
@ridingbet (60843)
yes we have. though they are not the expected guard dogs like German shepherd, they bark when they smell a different scent, or when they see an unknown person at the gate. i am the one preparing their food and they receive equal shares.
@YrNemo (14768)
@ridingbet I admire you. It is not easy taking care of pets.
@ridingbet (60843)
@YrNemo yes, it is tiresome but they are wonderful to be with and petted. i like it when i call their names (Xander just a while back) and they lie on the floor and want some belly rubs.
@JustBhem (44721)
• Davao, Philippines
We once did that, the good thing was Hachiko behaves as always.
@JustBhem (44721)
• Davao, Philippines
@ridingbet She was a good dog, never heard he bite someone even if she was in labor. Even if we touch her puppies. She never gives us an aggressive gesture. She was too old that's why she's gone.
@ridingbet (60843)
@JustBhem oh, so your Hachiko was a female dog. she was a faithful pet to you. in other countries, some pet owners do have their dogs "put to sleep" or euthanize, but we don't do that here. we let the dogs live until their last breathe, that is why my lot (at the back of our ancestral home) is considered the pet cemetery. many dogs are buried there, with tears from my son's and my eyes.
@josie_ (8018)
You have eleven dogs!? I thought deciding to keep 5 was a rash decision on my part. Your dog food bill must be expensive.
@ridingbet (60843)
we buy dog food (sawdust) from Monterey and my sister just sautes it. we also have the beef dog food in pebbles form and i mix a tablespoon each plus half a cup of the pink container( half a mug) for their lunch and dinner.
@josie_ (8018)
@ridingbet _How much does Monterey sawdust cost? Someone suggested it. At present I feed my dogs raw meat and bones, some vegetables and also commercial dog food but in small quantity.
@ridingbet (60843)
@josie_ we are given maybe 2 kilos of sawdust because there are many here who also order. i am not sure how much is a kilo. i will have to ask my sister or my son.
@rakski (23597)
oh yes, with that so many dogs, I doubt that they will not do their job. Good morning to you! We already had an anticipated mass yesterday and eat out for dinner. It has been raining
@ridingbet (60843)
they are great house guard dogs. they sleep when the house is quiet, then bark so loud when we arrive home.
@rakski (23597)
@ridingbet for sure
@aureliah (19739)
• Kenya
If I have 11 of them I will definitely trust them
@ridingbet (60843)
of course, much as they trust us too.
@cttolledo (5051)
Actually I am more of.. can I trust my dog to be in her own alone. Im worried if she get sad or mess the house.
@ridingbet (60843)
i think there are some breeds of dogs that are unruly or keep their place messy. sometimes our dogs dig the ground, or bite some things, but when we call them in angry voices, their ears move back, look down, and move away from us. they show guilt.
We have two that I believe will guard the house.
@ridingbet (60843)
that is great. dogs are really man's best friend.