When law makers make a mockery of justice

Some of you may know India is going through a crisis situation where law centres round who the culprit is. If the culprit belongs to the ruling party then murder, rape and robbery everything is condoned. In a recent case 8 convicts were garlanded by a law maker. And this law maker happens to be a product of Harvard University His actions have gone viral and we have yet to know what the government thinks about this bizarre thought. And this we understand is done with general elections in mind which are not far away. Will there be a time when there will be corruptionless politicians to rule us?
India News: A fast-track court has found 11 persons guilty in the case and sentenced them to life in prison in March. Eight of them secured bail from the Jharkhan
@bagarad (12674)
• Paso Robles, California
I think corruption is everywhere. It's at the highest levels of our FBI and also in our Dept. of Justice now. It's unthinkable for this country, but it's happening. These people who have been entrusted with enforcing and trying federal law are making a mockery of justice. I never expected this to happen in the USA.
Defending convicts by garlanding them and that too by a law maker who is a product of Harvard University is something that most here cannot digest.
@bagarad (12674)
• Paso Robles, California
@allknowing Harvard isn't what it used to be. A Harvard degree not not assure good moral character.
@bagarad For that matter no degree vouches for good character of the degree holder. But it is expected that those from prestigious colleges behave and have sound reasoning..
@topffer (35589)
• France
I am eating a piece of beef when reading this article. India is definitely not a country for me, I do not want to be lynched. Seriously I think that the main problem is not corruption but to not clearly separate religion and politics. Each time they are mixed it turns bad.
Corruption is not just about money but sticking to corrupt principles It is centred round not to hurt the vote bank. The government is playing with the sentiments and enacting a drama to show sympathy over cow vigilants. Hindus are majority in India and they worship the cow It is only now this game is being played with the vote bank in mind Taking law in their hands is protected which you know is wrong.
@topffer (35589)
• France
@allknowing I would call that demagogy or populism, not corruption.
@topffer I have added a para above. There is a petition to withdraw the Harvard Alumni status of this law maker
A Harvard University graduate has launched an online petition urging the reputed US university to withdraw the alumnus status of Union Minister Jayant Sinha for honouring the murder convicts in Indian state of Jharkhand.
@kepweng (17850)
• Waikoloa, Hawaii
my Dream is to be sa politician cause money is EASY$$$$$$$$
You will make money no doubt
@franxav (5434)
That's what BJP and its supportive organizations have been doing. Jayant Sinha felicitated the lynchers by garlanding them. Giriraj Singh went to meet the rioting convicts in Bihar. Both these gentlemen are ministers in the Modi government. Because their leaders support them they don't think twice before lynching Muslims and Dalits.
It has all to do with the vote bank and it is unbelievable that the present government can stoop so low to keep their vote bank happy by any means. The government is playing with the sentiments and enacting a drama to show sympathy over cow vigilants. Hindus are majority in India and they worship the cow It is only now this game is being played with the vote bank in mind Taking law in their hands is protected which you know is wrong.
@dya80dya (4790)
In our country we have the same problem. Politicians are very corrupt. I think this will not change too soon.
It is quite a concern as nothing much can be expected in the present scenario
It is happening in my country now.
HORRIBLE when their parents are in power they can manipulate justice. This is why vigilantism exist in the first place.
@Jessabuma (33168)
• Baguio, Philippines
Even here in Philippines, some politicians are corrupt..