More paint please!

Eugene, Oregon
That is what our house painter had to tell us today. You see, we did not take his advice about where to buy the paint and not all paints are created equal. His recommendation was Home Depot (Behr Paint) which is guaranteed to cover with one coat. The stuff we bought was not covering with two coats and was not going to be enough. So, off we went to get another five gallons of paint. What's another $200 to spend? It is a nice yellow shade.
@Deajae72 (656)
I have done that. Because I want to save money, I went my way and of course, I was not satisfied, so it had to be redone. Well, your house paint looks prettier now, I would think.
• Eugene, Oregon
It is getting there.
You get what you pay for sometimes.
• Eugene, Oregon
We got the first at Sherwin Willaims on sale, the new stuff at Home Depot was cheaper. Oh well...
@Jessabuma (33168)
• Baguio, Philippines
Ohh you need to spend to make it more beautiful.
• Eugene, Oregon
The first five gallosns was more expensive than the second one, so it is quality that counts in paint, not dollars. Very strange.
@Jessabuma (33168)
• Baguio, Philippines
@JamesHxstatic that's really strange
@kepweng (17739)
• Waikoloa, Hawaii
@Jessabuma can u paint your own house??
@JamesHxstatic Did you go back to where you got the original paint?
• Eugene, Oregon
No, we bought the new stuff at a different store.
@JamesHxstatic I hope they have all that they need now so can finish. Can you be in the house while they work or do you have to leave for a certain amount of time?
Glad you were able to get more paint. I love bright yellow. Hope it all comes out nice. In case you missed the news I am now in Daytona Beach, Florida along with Sid.
• Eugene, Oregon
Oh great! I did miss that news, will have to catch up! When did you get to the US?
@JamesHxstatic Me and Sid arrived on June 29
When it comes to paint it's always best to use the better products.
• Eugene, Oregon
The first one we bought was Sherwin-Williams high quality, it costs more on sale than the second batch.
I remember mom going through that when she painted her house @JamesHxstatic she started out with a cheaper brand and ended up buying a more expensive brand that worked much better, I have no idea what those brands were but I recall her telling us that even though the better brand was more expensive it still didn't cost as much all things considered ..... her house was green and she wanted it white.
The amount of coats depends on the color you have under the new paint.
• Eugene, Oregon
And the quality of the paint itself, our painter knew best.
@JamesHxstatic I agree. I prefer to spend a little more on a good paint.
@Mike197602 (13899)
I learned my lesson years ago with regards to paint quality. I used to work in a young single homeless project (16-18 year olds) and there were 14 flats to paint and a set budget. I got the cheapest paint as I thought paint is paint...how wrong was I Sometimes you do get what you pay for and paint is one of those things it is advisable not to skimp on as it costs you more in the long term.
• Eugene, Oregon
The second stuff we bought was cheaper than the first 5 gallons which was on sale when we bought it. The dollar amount does not always tell the quality.
@Mike197602 (13899)
@JamesHxstatic It did in my case But I agree, sometimes it is best to take advice from the professionals.
@rakski (20934)
aw. You are not following your painter, now you have to buy new paints. Yes, some paints coats better than others.
• Eugene, Oregon
It sure does.
Good to know that behr is supposed to cover with just one coat.
• Eugene, Oregon
Yeah, the guy warned us too.
That is a lot. But i am sure it will be nice once its all done!
• Eugene, Oregon
It is looking good so far.
Oh dear, There isn't much you can do about it. Yellow sounds nice.
I did the same experience when I repainted the laundry room. I wanted to buy cheaper in Italy, I needed three time more than the paint I buy here. Finally it's cheaper to buy here, because I need a lot less.