How much time do you spend praying?

@lady1993 (19634)
Since being part of a new community, we were asked to pray at least 15 minutes a day. So far i have not started that yet.. I think in a day, i just spend less than 10 minutes praying. I'm not really sure what to say to my God - since each person has a different wasy of praying, i can't really ask for much advice. How about you? How much time do you spend praying?
@rakski (20711)
That is a good start. Maybe if you have time, you can go to the adoration to pray there. If you are more comfortable doing that, then you can expand more of your free time. like reading reflections and all.
@lady1993 (19634)
what is an adoration? is it the chapel?
@cherigucchi (4866)
For me praying is important but I guess it does not matter how long or short you spend in praying. Its what in your heart and thoughts that count when you pray.
@lady1993 (19634)
that is a good point too
@lady1993 Thanks
@mlgen1037 (29634)
• Manila, Philippines
Hi Lady Di. Everyday I do pray. It me sane. How are you?
@lady1993 (19634)
I pray daily too - only the duration is different
I don't spend enough time praying, I think. Thank you for this post. I really need to do better.
@lady1993 (19634)
you and me both
• New Delhi, India
I carry my God in my heart. I recall him every moment.
@lady1993 (19634)
that is really nice
@kepweng (17559)
• Waikoloa, Hawaii
i guesss the people who pray Longer are the islamic people
@1hopefulman (31548)
Many years ago, I was once told that if I could count the number of times that I prayed in a day then I hadn't prayed enough. So, I don;t really count or measure the time or times when I pray. I pray often and enjoy the time I spent in prayer.
@JustBhem (41049)
• Davao, Philippines
I pray and didn't think of how much time I should I spend. As long as I am praying it's enough for me.
@deba12 (2682)
I always go on praying irrespective of the situation I am into. However, I don't follow the sitting rules while praying. I go on remembering His name in my mind. That gives me confidence.
• Peoria, Arizona
I'm not religious, I kind of just put everything on fate. the gods will do whatever they want (I'm polytheistic). And whatever happens, happens. But 10 minutes is a long time, most people don't even spend more than 2 minutes praying. My dad just used to say the same thing over and over again at dinner time prayer.
@louievill (19312)
I can't count the time, I do not do ritual prayers, I speak my heart and my mind out to God the moment I wake up like a son speaks to his father, but there are also times I forget him to be honest. I also read his word daily through the bible or whenever I can.
@Daelii (5789)
Not enough! I've been reading a book about prayer and really, its been insightful to think about that if you have to think if you prayed enough.. you likely haven't and need to pray more so it just is a natural part of your life/day.
@simplfred (4512)
I have too few prayers in words. As I've read in some verses "A good deeds is the best prayer" by that I see to it that I am praying most of the time.
@Icydoll (23248)
It's not how much time you spend in prayer..we have to do it with dedication..prayer is where we get hope and talk with God..I do it daily.
@lady1993 I pray in the morning, but, I talk to my G-d anytime of the day and when I go to the Kotel or the Western Wall in the Old City of Jerusalem in the Jewish Quarter I talk to him too.
@May2k8 (6057)
5-15 minutes per turn of time, sometimes everyday.
@buenavida (8144)
• Sweden
By reading, or listening to the Bible, we can find how God´s servants prayed.. Jesus taught us to pray, we learn a lot from him. Here is an online Bible:
Read the Bible online, listen, or download. Published by Jehovah’s Witnesses, the New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures is accurate, easy to read.
about 3mins