What A Day!

For once I had the county on my side, well again but different situation, I was contacted yesterday and told to come in and how to class a piece of property, Okay sounded good to me. BUT this morning he called again and asked me to come to his office afterwards. I agreed, now I am short on time. I got there late but got it done and while in his office I pointed to more of my land he had puled up on the computer screen and asked what could he do about it, he was so nice, he added that land to the land I had filed the case against last year, I won`t have to wait another year. I signed the papers stating I was satisfied and there would be no court. I made good time there and even had time to get my tag renewed, no one was in line! Got Tony to the doctor, checked on his cousin that had surgery, asked my sister if she needed a ride to the store and then I loaded up the elderly tenants, they still haven`t got their check so I loaned them $50 to buy a few groceries. At home I mowed grass for 2 hours on the riding mower. Fried chicken and a salad for dinner. And while I ate dinner I had 2 blackberry cobblers in the oven baking, I promised a cobbler to a friend in an office. Last I picked basil and clipped off the blooms. I am dying the basil. How was your day? what did you do?
@responsiveme (16835)
Wow that's done day...Busy though my day has been , it was more of at home things needed to be done.Oh well I am on vacation
Vacation?! Do nothing then.
@andriaperry he he....That type of vacation is a distant dream
Vacation means just that, vacation from EVERYTHING including everything around the house too. Enjoy your vacation and don't use going back to work to get some rest from doing things around the house. Of course, like you, that kind of vacation is a distant dream.I'm disabled due to a job related injury so I am permanently unable to work outside the home for income, so I run a hobby business of making teddy bears and selling them and buying and selling antiques and collectables for a little extra money. That keeps me busy enough without doing the paperwork for the loss of my house last October 2nd. The power company managed to burn down my home last October with everything in it including my animals. They also burned down my car and the list goes on. I have to work on that paperwork and I keep putting it off because it is so depressing for me to remember all the personal mementos that were lost among the business supplies and awards that I had won for my bears (and my baking too...I just remembered that! I made an oatmeal chocolate chip coconut cookie that was to die for! That cookie took best of show...there were only three left on the plate of a dozen cookies that I had entered. I wonder where the other 9 cookies went?) Anyhow, just make sure that you take some time to have some fun and enjoy your vacation.
Sounds like a pretty good day, especially the fried chicken and, blackberry cobbler.
LOL, yes it was.
@andriaperry Hope you saved a leg and a thigh for me! Those are my favorite parts.
@dodoazo (21035)
A busy day is done. It's good for you. Keep it up.
Yes it was, thank you and I will.
@dodoazo (21035)
@andriaperry a well-organized person is a well-directed and have a peace of mind. I know you've that kind of attitude my friend.
Got up, fed cats and deer and got ready to go to work. Worked at the shop from 1:30 to 4:45 when we shut down the shop early. Bill and I then got in the car and went to Subway for dinner and then to @bagarad to visit for a few minutes. It was a wonderful visit she is such a sweet lady but unfortunately we had to leave and finish our errands. We stopped for a frozen yogurt and then to Wal Mart and then the grocery store. We stashed our purchases in the trunk of his car and then headed home. I snoozed on the 28 mile ride..part of the snooze was my dreaming that I was on a wagon riding through the country towards Dodge City Kansas and I got to meet Marshall Matt Dillon after someone shot the guy riding next to me (he was driving the team of the wagon). When the guys came to go through the wagon to steal the stuff inside I brained them with the bottles of whatever I had behind the seat behind the team of horses. We got a big reward for capturing the wanted felons that had made it a practice to steal from the people who were alone on the prairie. I woke up about that time, We were close to the gate to our home. We only had 8 miles left to get home. We got home, unloaded the car (we had a BUNCH of stuff to unload!) put away everything, fed the cats, and came home and got ready for bed. We both were extremely tired from the heat and the long active day in town. OH, I forgot that we went to Goodwill too. There wasn't anything there I was interested in so I left without buying anything. So much for the day. Today I'm supposed to go to physical therapy and I am going to call and cancel the appointment because I just don't feel good enough to go. So much for a busy yesterday. Today is going to be much quierter
@bagarad (12674)
• Paso Robles, California
That's how we pack our day when we have to go to San Luis Obispo. If we have a doctor appointment there, we also gas up and shop and Costco and maybe other places on the way home. We used to also have lunch at Hometown Buffet until it closed. Now we eat before we leave or we grab something at Costco. It's always really tiring -- especially since Hubby always gets several cases of his protein drink and the cart is really heavy to push around the store to get everything else.
OMG! You dream like I do.
@bagarad (12674)
• Paso Robles, California
My friend who helps me clean was here in the morning, but she only had two hours so we didn't accomplish all I'd hoped. After she left I did some rearranging, made a chicken salad for lunch, and ate watching TV. I watched TV until @BearArtistLady came to visit. She is the second myLotter I've had the opportunity to meet in person. After she left, I went back to the computer. Did not get any writing done.
I have been so busy I have not wrote a blog, I have a couple that needs to be written and I need to put something on Virily.
@bagarad (12674)
• Paso Robles, California
@andriaperry I do no more on Virily until I get my first payment. I'm not sure whether they will pay me this month or next.
@bagarad I have never made it to pay out, seems I have to work extra hard to get there.
@wolfgirl569 (8638)
• Marion, Ohio
I did very little yesterday. Glad the county worked with you. Ours can be hard to deal with here.
This was a younger man that I dealt with, maybe the old grouches have gone.
• Marion, Ohio
@andriaperry Thats all we seem to have here.
@Srbageldog (8227)
I have never had blackberry cobbler. It sounds delicious! I'll have to look up a recipe sometime and try to make one. I love cobbler, but I usually only make peach. Dammit, now I want cobbler.
LOL, I love peach and strawberry cobble too.
Now that you mention it, I feel the need for some cobbler too. I'm going to have to whip some up. I'm not too sure whether it will be blueberry or apple sauce....I'll have to ask Bill. That's after I bake the pie in the freezer. He loves cherry pie and he bought one at the store a couple of weeks ago and I totally forgot about it...I'll bake it this evening as a surprise for him. That should put a smile on his heart and his face too!
@Daelii (5825)
You were very busy! I kick backed and relaxed between chores and things around the house!
Tomorrow I will have a 2 hour rest with a book in the waiting room, I look forward to the rest.
That was my day yesterday. I got to play with my new used sewing machine. Like with my brother's erector set I took it apart and cleaned it and oiled it and put it back together again. In between I kicked back with iced tea and looked through my teddy bear pattern books that came in the mail the day before and drafted patterns. Then it was back to working on the sewing machine. Today I'll be making teddy bears...sewing them on the sewing machine I put together yesterday.
@Icydoll (23589)
Hope you enjoyed fried chicken . that sounds yummy..I love fried chicken.
Fried chicken is the reason I am not vegetarian.
The day was sunny. I walked around in the yard this morning.
Good to hear you have a a nice sunny day to take a walk,
I watered my plants outside, we took a trailer full of cedar trimmings to the burn site in the city. Packed the car and we are in Guthrie now.