Does it annoy you when shop assistants are trying to sell you something you don't need?

@RodrickH (8842)
China
Yes, even if they are trying to persuade me to buy something l needn't I will tell them directly l won't buy. I guess it's a waste of time for those shop assistants because I'm not the target customer. Does it annoy you when shop assistants are trying to sell you something you don't need?
@chavezrmc (5454)
I politely say no. I understand that its a marketting strategy. They just want to make a living doing that... i hope you can understand that. As long as they are not rude then its okay with me.
@RodrickH (8842)
I understand, so l would say something politely too
@chavezrmc (5454)
@RodrickH thanks. Don't you feel good of doing something positive than negative? Surely we don't want to be treated rudely. Just follow the golden rule... do unto others do unto you. We're not a saint though. But we can always try to be nice.
Yes. Very much. Especially when I say no and thanks and again shopkeeper pop ups with other item and then other and so on.
@RodrickH (8842)
Yes, that's what they do, if you says you are not interested in this product they will recommend another product to you immediately
@RodrickH True. this is their job. More selling means more commission. But customer need to check utility and pocket as well
@louievill (18649)
No it does not annoy me especially if it's a pretty shop assistant. Seriously I look at it in a positive way, I might learn something, might not need it now but maybe later. I also think of those young people, what if they were my children just trying to make a little money? I think it's also a good reflection on you, they get the impression that you are somebody with money to spend.
@RodrickH (8842)
l guess you are right, you may know more about some new products
@louievill (18649)
@RodrickH you are also right when they are rude and would not take no for an answer, also too persistent to the point of being annoying but still I put a little understanding.
@Starmaiden (5888)
That is why I tell them I'm "just looking". It does get annoying. What really bothers me is that when you need someone to help you, there is no one around.
@RodrickH (8842)
Haha, l would say just looking too, or they will keep talking why l need this kind of products
• New Delhi, India
I agree. They simply drive me crazy
@RodrickH (8842)
Thanks for sharing
@RodrickH I have found when I go into a shop they either ignore me or stay with me the whole time. I hate when someone tries to get me to buy something I do not want.
@RodrickH (8842)
Yes, I don't like the feeling that I was forced to buy something too
@RodrickH They really must need the commission badly that they try and push people to buy. People do not liked being forced.
@cupkitties (7174)
Thankfully that doesn't happen in most stores here. The only place I've experience that so far is the wholesale club where we shop every few months. They're always trying to pitch roof or windows installation. Sales assistants can be very aggressive sometimes. They should know customers aren't going to buy if they feel like they're being threatened . The also need to learn the difference between persistence and begging
@RodrickH (8842)
I agree, they would persuade you to by something by all means, that's why it's annoying
@id_peace (6962)
Yes and many of them are lurking like a shark as if I will steal their stuff.
@RodrickH (8842)
Thanks for sharing
@Icydoll (19438)
I always politely tell them no.really sometimes they annoy .
@RodrickH (8842)
Thanks for sharing
@May2k8 (4010)
it's fair because if they do not reach the target in the sale then they can be fired, that's what is called the market strategy. If I won't buy then I will tell to them "maybe later I just want to looking".
@RodrickH (8842)
Thanks for sharing
@hereandthere (31018)
i feel sorry for them sometimes because i know they're being pressured by their bosses to exert all efforts to increase sales for the company.
@RodrickH (8842)
Thanks for sharing
@responsiveme (16170)
Very much so
@RodrickH (8842)
Thanks for sharing