Woke Up Late: NO Job Interview DONE?!?

I felt so bad today. For the reason that I wasn't able to have my scheduled job interview early this morning. I had received the company's message yesterday morning and did the basic requirements. In addition, the confirmation for having an online interview at 7:30 AM (Philippine time). The headquarter is situated in the USA. I am applying for an online Medical Staff Recruiter. Moreover, I am not sure if the feelings will be mutual to some of you. There are some concerns that made me feel dismayed. First, the monthly salary is $300. I think it is quite a low offer for providing a professional service to them. Second, I am not certain if I can work at 3:00 AM to 10:00 AM. If I was being hired, I might jeopardize my health. Regardless, a colleague was informed that the company's Human Resource Personnel will re-schedule the online job interview for me. "What do you think, guys?" "Should I go for it?" Image Credit: sp.yimg.com
@Shavkat The pay is terrible. When do you do your teaching? Will you be teaching right after that job then yes, that is not good for your health. Do you want it really bad or need it?
I was trying to find a backup if I don't have classes in the morning and afternoon after the summer vacation. I can fix my schedule for this kind of job. My concern is the low salary.
@Shavkat It is very low. What would you be doing for it exactly and can you work with the low salary?
@Hannihar I am going to be so-called a 'headhunter.' Basically, I am going to find jobs for people who are looking for certain position titles. Thus, I think it is not worth it.
@yoalldudes (4801)
Health is a major concern when we try to sync working schedules with companies from US. That discourage me to shift to online jobs. Australian on the other hand, is close to our time zone. You have to wake up early though.
That's nice to hear that. Can I ask what kind of job in Australia? Are you working for a company affiliated in Australia?
@Shavkat Yes it is better than graveyard shift. You can checkout in Jobstreet or Upwork using search keyword Australia. I wish I am but I'm not. I hope so if I make it. Good Luck
@yoalldudes I am not sure if I still have time for online working. If it is, I would prefer non-voice jobs though.
I could work at 3 in the morning, but is this going to interfere with all your other activities? Do you believe that $300 are enough to cover 7 hours a day of work?
I do think it is not worth to have the job. They were are asking to work for 8 hours. It will affect my morning online classes. However, I can have the option to close the slots. But then, the salary is not enough to consume my energy.
@Shavkat It seems that this job is not something that could be interesting for you. Move on and find something better.
@Shavkat You can find a better job, I would not accept this one.
Why not try it first? WHo knows you will like the job. But if not then you resign.
My concern is that I am not an early bird fellow. If I do work with them, it will affect my performance in teaching online due to lack of sleep.
@Shavkat Does it mean that this new job is in addition to your teaching online?
@Shavkat Wow, you got a lot of works to do, my friend. I salute you for being hard working and resourceful.
why not accept it 15k pesos is not bad
I think it is not worth in rendering my professional services.
@Shavkat okay nice you're choice
• New Delhi, India
If you don't have any other choice go for it
@kepweng (19236)
• Waikoloa, Hawaii
@amitkokiladitya I do have my stable job online. My goal is to have extra cash for my idle time.
• New Delhi, India
@Shavkat same here.I want to make out the best of my online job.
@caopaopao (12629)
If the salary is so low and the time is not suitable, I suggest you don't accept it. Like you said, health is the most important.
I had finally decided not to pursue it.
@caopaopao (12629)
@Shavkat Glad to know this, dear friend.
@Icydoll (27559)
First give it a try my friend
At first, I am so eager to try it. When I had done some research prior to the job interview, the feedback was not good.
@Icydoll (27559)
@Shavkat oh then it's not good job for you :(
@Icydoll I think it is. But it is fine. I tried to find a part-time job for my idle time in the morning and afternoon.
@lady1993 (20625)
I have never tried a shift like that, but it sounds stressful.. and yes the pay is a bit low How are the benefits though?
There are no other benefits, too. That's why I think it is not worth to try. I was also thinking about the effort of doing the tasks. It will not compensate for everything.
@lady1993 (20625)
@Shavkat I hope you find another one that is better
@ridingbet (61674)
if you go kabsat, good luck. but if it is 3am here, you might have those dark circles around your eyes.
I think I will become slim when working with them.
@ridingbet (61674)
@Shavkat then you will have many women swooning over your handsomeness, kabsat. wahaha
@ridingbet Hahaha If they will glimpse me being at home.
@rakski (24096)
Wow. That is nice! So first thing first, is this job an additional or you are going to change job? Because if this is additional, itis okay but you will have to make adjustments with yiur teaching time. If yiu will resign for this, I dont think it is worth itbecause as I can see it you can earn more than $300 with your work now. But still you can go through that interview.
At this moment, I decided not to go for it. It will really affect my teaching online. The starting salary is not worth for me to give up my effort in teaching. At first, it would be a good extra income. But then, the effort will not be compensated.
@rakski (24096)
@Shavkat I think you made a good and wise decisiion. Though it is tempting but if you will see the whole picture, it will not be worth it to replace your current job now.
@simplfred (6211)
If there are other choices that's better then it's definitely a big NO.
@kepweng (19236)
• Waikoloa, Hawaii
@simplfred I agree. Don't worry. I had made up mind that I will not pursue this application.
It's your choice sir. If you think it will not justly compensate the service you are about to render, then better not to consider it. Besides, you still have classes to be prioritize.
Welcome to myLot! I do think it is not the best option to work for this company. It will waste time and energy. There are so many opportunities that will come and I am willing to wait.
the pay is too low.. And sacrificing health for this low salary has no point
That's what I have thought, too. It is not worth to work with this company.
@hostessman (10261)
• Tucson, Arizona
it sounds like the pay is pretty low
At first, I didn't know the starting salary. I did some research and asked my friend about it. When I had found out, my excitement turned to be in a low level.
If you have these thoughts that do not make you happy then you should think again
I had talked with some friends offline. Most of them were not in favor of this kind of job. The pay is not worth it.
@lovebuglena (7727)
• Staten Island, New York
Getting that a week maybe it's not that terrible but getting that a month is way way way too low. And working from 3 AM (assuming it's your time) is crazy. But then again, if it ends at 10 AM you have the rest of the day to do whatever you want.
When I heard about the starting salary, it was a mind-blowing moment for me. I can sleep the whole day but it will affect my scheduled online teaching stunt.
@id_peace (7625)
we cannot survive with 300 here actually.
Exactly, my friend. I was planning as a part-time job. But then, the hours of working with the company are not practical.
It's up to you my friend, but when will you sleep? lol
That's also my concern.lol I will not have enough sleep if it happens. Poor me.
I think you should weigh the pros and cons. 300$ is good rather than nothing, right? But you might hurt yourself on the process. 3:00 AM to 10 AM is a big no no, my friend. It is dangerous.
For health concern, I think it will not be good for me. I am planning to have an extra income. But I think it is not practical to work with the company.