I Fear I'm Too Lazy These Days

Clary Sage in Bloom in June
@bagarad (12161)
Paso Robles, California
I need to blog. The problem is that when I have time I have no motivation. When I'm motivated I have no time. I don't know where it all goes. I'm beginning to wish we'd never turned on the cable to have TV here. My husband keeps it on several hours a day. I can't read when it's on. I did get two books I need to review read last week, but I'm still trying to finish my post on flowers that bloom in early summer. I got Part 1 of Flowers that Bloom in Paso Robles in June published last week, but June ended before I could write Part 2. So I changed the title and I'm still working on it. I'm trying to cover all the flowers blooming in my garden, on my block and in the City Park. The most unusual flower that blooms for me in June is Clary Sage. No one else on my block has it. It has an odd smell that is not really pleasant. It's very noticeable when I brush against it when I'm watering or pulling weeds. I'd rather be smelling the star jasmine in the other flower bed. Have you ever seen or smelled a clary sage flower? What is your favorite or least favorite herb when it comes to smelling it.
We have clary sage here, but the flowers are not so nice, they are purple/blue. Marigolds have a very unpleasant smell, while I love lilies of the valley and gardenia.
I have lots of lilies of the valley
@marlina I have also lots of them, they are among the first flowers to bloom in late April.
@LadyDuck And they multiply like crazy.
I never even heard of clary sage flower.
@bagarad (12161)
• Paso Robles, California
It's not as common in gardens as other sages are here. Maybe it's the smell.
@Jessabuma (28300)
• Baguio, Philippines
I have never seen sage flowers.. but it looks beautiful.
@bagarad (12161)
• Paso Robles, California
There are more varieties of sage than I can count. Some are showy, and some not so much.
@Jessabuma (28300)
• Baguio, Philippines
@bagarad Ohh that's interesting!
@kepweng (14768)
• Waikoloa, Hawaii
@Jessabuma is your dad planting fl;owers too??
I have not seen sage flowers Here it would be tulsi.
@bagarad (12161)
• Paso Robles, California
I depend on sage as a garden staple. I like the way it spreads -- sometimes.
@bagarad I make a herbs chutney and add Tulsi in it.
@bagarad (12161)
• Paso Robles, California
@allknowing I don't like chutney. I have grown Tulsi, but it's a bit harder to grow here than regular basil.
I enjoy smell of all herbs I have smelled so far.
@bagarad (12161)
• Paso Robles, California
Then you probably haven't smelled clary sage yet.
@bagarad Yeah..I even heard this herb for the first time.
@bagarad (12161)
• Paso Robles, California
@anamika161088 You might not enjoy smelling this one. Or you might. Everyone is different.
I don't believe I have clary sage growing here. I absolutely love the smell of rosemary and dislike skunk cabbage. My marigolds stink, but they aren't eaten by the deer, so I use them for summer color.
@bagarad (12161)
• Paso Robles, California
It's been my experience here that most deer don't like herbs or flowers with a strong odor that we might not like either.
@patgalca (14402)
• Orangeville, Ontario
Totally get the lack of motivation. My sleep disorder is leaving me too tired to get motivated to do anything. I don't like it. There are things I want to do but just don't have the motivation or energy.
@bagarad (12161)
• Paso Robles, California
The heat doesn't help things. Even with air conditioning I'm hesitant to make the temperature as low as I'd like it because yesterday it blew a fuse.
@patgalca (14402)
• Orangeville, Ontario
@bagarad I have a swimming pool but because I do live streaming I don't want to mess up my hair. I'll sit outside during low UV Ray times.
@wolfgirl569 (4843)
• Marion, Ohio
I dont have clary sage here. I dont grow many herbs so cant say which is my least favorite but love the smell of most mints
@bagarad (12161)
• Paso Robles, California
Mints can be very nice, but some can resemble mild skunk aroma.
• Marion, Ohio
@bagarad I avoid those, get enough skunk smell without planting it. lol
@porwest (4857)
Never smelled that flower that I can remember. In any event, I think we all have lull periods, especially when it comes to writing. I mean, at the end of the day I tend to think, "Well, it's not enough to pay the bills," and so sometimes it takes a back seat EVEN IF I have a strong passion to write. Either way, I hope you can find the time to both read AND write, and as far as that TV goes...ugh. I watch very little. My wife is the TV watcher in our house, but luckily my "man room" is toward the back of the house far away from the living room.
@bagarad (12161)
• Paso Robles, California
At the Templeton house I used to be able to isolate myself upstairs to write and we didn't have a TV. Now there's no internet connection there and no air conditioning, so to do anything productive I need to be here.
My favorite herb to smell is basil. But I have lost my sense of smell, so I can no longer smell it, unfortunately.
@bagarad (12161)
• Paso Robles, California
That is sad. Funny, I thought I had responded to this comment earlier, but that response seems to have disappeared.
@AkoPinay (11809)
We only have rose and orchids
@bagarad (12161)
• Paso Robles, California
But those are beautiful. I've never grown and orchid. I think they require more humidity than we have here. I had a friend who grew them in a greenhouse.
It is said that the clary sage is also known as "eye of Christ".It is a pity I haven't seen it.However I know another species of clary ,called red-rooted salvia (Latin name :Radix Salviae Milti orrhizae) whose roots are used for treating the coronary heart disease.
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Jump to navigation Jump to search Salvia miltiorrhiza Scientific classification Kingdom: Plantae Clade: Angiosperms Clade: Eudicots Clade: Asterids Order: Lamiales Family: Lamiaceae Genus: Salvia Species: S. miltiorrhi
@bagarad (12161)
• Paso Robles, California
Clary seeds traditionally have been used to get foreign bodies out of eyes, but some think it's not that helpful. I've never tried it.
@Icydoll (19698)
I enjoy smell of all herbs my dear friend
@bagarad (12161)
• Paso Robles, California
Hmmm! Have you ever smelled clary sage?