What's The Deal With Women?

@myklj999 (20885)
There's just soooo much I don't understand, but we'll make it simple here and only refer to this: GETTING READY TO GO OUT. This can take a woman literally hours. Now, your basic guy, he'll jump in the shower, get out, maybe shave, throw some clothes on; he's ready. Maybe 30-45 minutes. But a woman: First off, they get out of the shower. Then they start applying all this junk (that they just washed off) to their face. This can take up to an hour, and the purpose is to get "the natural look". They don't want it to look like they're wearing any make-up. Wouldn't it be simpler not to? And the hair has gotta be just so. Hell, I knew a girl who teased her hair so much it attacked her. Then, it's time to try on 35 outfits, only to go with the first one they tried on. Then you have to match the purse, shoes, jacket and all to the outfit. Meanwhile, the guy has been out of the shower for about three hours and is about ready for a nap. Just tell me ladies; what's the purpose? Can't you just throw on some halfway decent clothes, run a brush through your hair and call it good? I guess we'll wait a couple hours while the women get ready to answer.
• Uzbekistan
Poor you! While you're waiting you can compose new myLot discussions.
@owlwings (40033)
• Cambridge, England
Most men cannot cope with more than one or two simple tasks at once. Sighing audibly, checking one's watch and jingling keys and money AND composing myLot discussions in one's head are usually not possible simultaneously!
• Uzbekistan
@owlwings So you're saying that multitasking was invented by women?
@owlwings (40033)
• Cambridge, England
@MALUSE I don't know about 'invented'. It seems that nearly all of the multi-tasking ability was concentrated in just one rib - and that was the one which God removed to create Eve!
You haven't really gotten used to it lol oh well.
@Ladanger (4210)
Aww lol
@Sreekala (24341)
I need 10-15 minutes for getting ready. But men at home are just opposite.
@Sreekala Exactly the same here, I wait for my husband all the time.
@Sreekala (24341)
@myklj999 (20885)
I'm pretty quick, I don't even have to do my hair
Oh I get ready much faster than hubby, but that may be because I am old. I plan ahead. I have to know what I will wear, and what goes with it, and where did I put the shoes. I always have extra earrings in my purse in case I forget some.
@myklj999 (20885)
These days I am moving slow enough that she'd probably end up waiting on me, to be honest.
@kobesbuddy (59390)
• East Tawas, Michigan
Just a second J.J., I'm still wrapped in a bath towel. My sister put on a facial mud pack one day, then heard a knock on the front door. As the mailman stood speechless and wide eyed, he handed her a package to sign for. 'Oh, she exclaimed, it's my father's ashes!' He hiked out of there in a hurry Lyna had taken a pottery class at the college and Dad sent her some ashes from his wood burner, to use for her projects.
@Jessabuma (33128)
• Baguio, Philippines
I don't take that much time, i will just take 15-30 minutesto get ready. I don't wear makeup.. only lipgloss.
I know I am not the same, I am always ready in front of our door waiting to my husband to be ready. Or I am too quick, or he is very slow.
@myklj999 (20885)
I see there's at least one person with their panties in a wad about this
@myklj999 My niece is never ready and when she finally shows up I look at her and ask "and it took one hour for this result?"... she is not happy about this.
@FourWalls (16249)
Don't look at me. I like the way guys do it: deodorant, comb the hair, out the door! But then, I've never been one of those women who got lost in the ladies' room, either.....
@myklj999 (20885)
Luckily I've never been one of those guys that had to go to the bathroom to 'powder' their nose
@FourWalls (16249)
@myklj999 -- everybody was powdering their nose (the inside, that is) back in the 70s and early 80s....
Yeah I’m not like that at all. I have one purse and have had it for the past 4 years. I don’t wear makeup. My shoes are usually flip flops unless I’m at work.
@myklj999 (20885)
I can make a full loaf's worth of bologna sammiches waiting on most women
@sol_cee (18435)
• Japan
Your women dress for you. For you. Hehe
@myklj999 (20885)
I prefer it when they undress for me
@sol_cee (18435)
• Japan
@myklj999 That's worth another discussion. haha
• Northampton, England
The longer they take the more they are trying to attract a new man
@simplfred (6211)
Ha ha... So funny JJ... For some women, very true.
@Kasjnak (2353)
Men are from Mars and women from Venus, right? Well, there's not much you can do about this, women think a lot about how they look and how others see them, that's why they are in constant change(small) and they are never(almost) pleased by the result. A woman has different needs than a man, we must accept that, in the end it always comes down to "happy wife, happy life" .
@myklj999 (20885)
"If Mama ain't happy, NO ONE is happy"
@Kasjnak (2353)
@myklj999 Never heard this one before . Good to know .
@cupkitties (7598)
can't relate there lol . I'm more like a guy when getting ready to go anywhere. My dad will be like "You wanna go with me?" Me: "Sure" Him: "Okay then. Get ready to go. Well leave here in a few" Me *Grab my shoes, grab my purse* "Lets go" Dad: "You don't want to put your shoes on?" Me: "I'll put them on in the car" Dad: "What about your hair?" Me: "Meh. Don't care" When I do wear make up it doesn't take me as long to apply because I only wear mascara and sometimes a little tinted lip balm. The stuff that takes so long is when they put on all that primer, foundation, bb cream, concealer, contouring and powder. All that stuff is very uncomfortable on my face.
@myklj999 (20885)
You could start wearing wigs and then tell him "I'll just put it on in the car"
@myklj999 lol Good idea
• Russian Federation
You have described a woman who lacks self -confidence... It takes me 45 minutes to prepare for going out, I always know what to wear When my husband says that I have too many creams or makeup items, I reply something like "Do you like how I look like? Then let me do everything that makes me look like that."
@myklj999 (20885)
Nope, she had plenty of confidence. She was confident she was gonna make me wait as long as she possibly could.
@kavinitu (5066)
I am very quick, my time is not wasted in searching because all my match items are in one place
@myklj999 (20885)
See, you do it the smart way
oh please.my brother takes longer than teenage girls to get ready to go anywhere.
@Shiva49 (14528)
Women teach men patience that way. I recall Oscar Wilde:“A man's face is his autobiography. A woman's face is her work of fiction.” - siva
@iniaku (780)
Usually girl want to looks pretty in her boysfriend's eyes.but i think time to getting ready to go out depend on where they wanna go. Different places different dress and make up right?goint out to mall different than prepare if they plan to attend some party.this what i thought??
@arunima25 (10166)
• Bangalore, India
Here in our family, I am ready in a matter of 20 minutes. My husband takes a hell lot of time to get ready....deciding for his dress to wear take so much of time and I am irritated.