Three years ago today I was adopted...

@myklj999 (21034)
...although 'adopted' may not be the right word really. 'Enslaved', maybe? Regardless, however you look at it, it was three years ago today Scar 'inserted' Himself into my daily life. And basically I haven't had 5 consecutive minutes of peace and quiet since then, it seems. Okay, that may be a slight exaggeration...but the 9 or 10 times I have had it, it was only because I suddenly noticed it was TOO quiet and found out he had escaped the lead. But it's been worth it...after all, if it wasn't for Him, I'd have to deal with you guys all the time. (Side note: tomorrow is the three year anniversary of myLot starting to pay me again...which is actually the same day I brought him home. He adopted me when I was out of town and came home with me the next day).
@topffer (36695)
• Bandar Lampung, Indonesia
Happy 3rd anniversary of your adoption. I cannot exactly remember when my cat adopted me, it was in 2009, but I have not noted the day.
@myklj999 (21034)
The only reason I can remember is because he adopted me when I was doing a sound gig out in the country at a friend's house for their birthday party
@topffer (36695)
• Bandar Lampung, Indonesia
@myklj999 I see, you can relate it to an event. Mine was part of the alley cats that I was feeding in the garden. He entered in the house and stayed.
@BarBaraPrz (21385)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
@myklj999 So, Scaar was/is a party favor?
@Icydoll (27959)
Haha happy adoption day by scar Happy anniversary for three years at Mylot
@myklj999 (21034)
I've been here 12 years, but it will be three years since they started paying me again, although I think @Owlwings received his first one July 8th
You are both lucky boys.
@hereandthere (33424)
i remember you said he started following you around at that gig. how is his neck now?
@myklj999 (21034)
It's almost completely healed, he's been going out for a bit with his collar really loose
@myklj999 does he stay out long? i hope he doesn't tangle with anything again yet.
@myklj999 (21034)
@hereandthere He was actually loose for about 30 minutes yesterday Looks like he may have an underage girlfriend...first time I ever saw him within 3 inches of another cat and not trying to kill it
So this is the anniversary of when you surrounded body and soul to a demon.
@myklj999 (21034)
Yep But he looked so innocent...this is the first photo I have of him
@myklj999 Yeah and the Damien kid from The Omen looked innocent.
@kobesbuddy (59742)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@JohnRoberts Wasn't he?
• Defuniak Springs, Florida
Give him some tuna today to celebrate.
@myklj999 (21034)
He'd rather have chicken, doesn't care for tuna
That is wonderful Jj you have found your soul mate.I am hoping you have many more to treasure down the road. I am glad to see this.
@Deajae72 (702)
Naomi
I like his name. Scar. I was adopted by a black kitty back in September last year. She tries to be the ruler of the house. Unfortunately, there was Cupcake that was the Queen of the house. Naomi is my little mischievous kitty cat. I love her, though.
@myklj999 (21034)
He picked the name up because he had a spot in front of one ear I thought wouldn't heal right
@Deajae72 (702)
@myklj999 He is so cute. I have a thing for black cats.
Congratulations! We celebrate when Onyx let me adopt him on the 23rd each month with a little present and his monthly birthday on 28th of each month another little present on that day, too! or he gets treat that day How old is Scar now? Onyx is 14 months old going on 15 months this month on the 28th. Scar certainly is handsome! Give him a huge meow from Onyx!
@myklj999 (21034)
I think he was around 8 weeks old, maybe a little more, when he found me
@lovebuglena (7902)
• Staten Island, New York
Hopefully he's been treating you well... and spoiling you a little.
Three years already? I suppose it's almost 3 years that I joined the site. I remember your post about how you found Scar when you were out of town. We are slaves of our cats, but we love to be slaves.
@FourWalls (16336)
I must say, it didn't take him long to get you trained. But then, it never does take them long. The owner of my house had me at "woof," or as my dear mother of blessed memory used to say, "She stuck her head under my jacket and cold-nosed me right in the heart." Happy enslavement anniversary!
congratulations that you have him for this long so far. I hope he stays with you for a while.
@Jessabuma (33128)
• Baguio, Philippines
That's nice! Scar and you must be lucky for having each other.. happy adoption day Scar.
@boiboing (12879)
• Northampton, England
I feel inspired by The Handmaid's Tale to give you a hearty 'Blessed Day!'
@myklj999 (21034)
He was such a little guy back then...this was a couple months after he came home with me
@boiboing (12879)
• Northampton, England
@myklj999 He is SO much like my Bagheera.
@May2k8 (7174)
interesting scar seems to feel happy for three years with you.
@myklj999 (21034)
Yeah, I'm sure he likes it much more than he did being abandoned in the country
@May2k8 (7174)
@myklj999 well let him feel the day with joy and pleasure.
@Jackalyn (7391)
• Oxford, England
This post turned up and I thought I may as well reply to prove old posts earn and all that. Scar looks like Talking KittyCat on youtube. Is he a relation? Anyway, hello.xx
@myklj999 (21034)
I have discussions that are a few years old pop up occasionally
@kobesbuddy (59742)
• East Tawas, Michigan
Kobe's job is almost as strenuous and taxing, as Scars:( Somehow, they manage it
he's still quieter than my boo has been lately.i don't know what's gotten into him,but he's got something to say about everything.
@arunima25 (10278)
• Bangalore, India
Happy 3rd anniversary of your togetherness!!