Last two days have been hell...

By DJ
@Daljinder (21544)
Today I am teetering on the edge. It's a struggle keeping myself calm. I am feeling agitated at small things that shouldn't bother me. As mentioned in my last post, our house is going through renovations / construction. Understandably, things are chaotic everywhere which are causing problems with going about our daily routine. That is fine and to be expected! But the electricity board here has decided that they are gonna annoy / harrass people to death. Recently, they are administering power cuts after power cuts daily. An hour or two is fine but we are getting only a couple of hours where we have electricity working. Day before yesterday, the power cut lasted whole damn day. And it is rainy season who also has decided that summer should last longer so now we are experiencing hot days AGAIN. Like summer never went away. Today, while I was carrying stuff upstairs in the scorching heat of the sun (becasue we need to clear the area that need work done), I was steadily reaching my breaking point. The chaos around me was bothering me more than usual. Everything is untidy, dusty, cluttered and its bothering me a LOT. I escaped (literally) abandoning what I was doing and hid in the only place which is quiet and somewhat habitable for an hour or so to get myself back in control. Coz I was only a hair breath away from screaming at someone or breaking something or crying. The agitation is still simmering under the surface. I am trying my best to distract myself. UGH! Now internet is gone. *gritting my teeth* (Photo By Pixabay)
I wish I had a cure all for you. Can you get away from the house for a little time? Or is the weather preventing it? It's good you found a place to get away for an hour, but you need longer than an hour since the problem is still smoldering beneath the surface. Get away if you can. Take a whole day if you can. Relax, do something fun, and then come back to it with a new perspective.
@Daljinder (21544)
@just4him I am taking breaks as much as I can. Getting myself away from the immediate vicinity. It was just that day my tolerance level was down.
@Daljinder When you're going through what you are with home renovations, you're going to need time away so you can cope with it.
@VivaLaDani13 (19873)
• Perth, Australia
@Daljinder aw dude! I'm so sorry! I'm really hoping this can all be done soon as possible. I wish I could do something to help you. If I was there I would distract you the best I could. Hoping you're still asleep right now and getting some rest. Will talk to you when you're available. If the internet allows you to.
@vandana7 (64929)
Yeah...sleep matters. Should I send her a lullaby sung by me...it sure will keep everybody in the vicinity awake and give them headache the next whole week...but be glad..it is only a week that they will suffer. I am a good singer.
• Perth, Australia
@vandana7 lol it's worth a shot!
@Daljinder (21544)
@VivaLaDani13 You did distract me a for a while. You just didn't know it.
Those power cuts and the heat just makes a very uncomfortable situation worse.
@vandana7 (64929)
They've really been having hell at their end. This end power cuts are not bad, but net connection is. :(
@Daljinder (21544)
@Corbin5 All three of them together is the problem. Otherwise the situation would have been tolerable.
@aninditasen (1702)
• Raurkela, India
Hopes things get to their normal self soon. Keep calm.
@Daljinder (21544)
@aninditasen Thank you! I will sure try my best.
@myklj999 (13877)
• Olney, Illinois
@vandana7 (64929)
Aw....why are you guys so untidy...sigh.
@responsiveme (16240)
I hope the repairs are finished soon
@vandana7 (64929)
Me too...that can give a lot of cough..
@Daljinder (21544)
@responsiveme HA! I wish. Its moving at a snail's pace.
@Jessabuma (28300)
• Baguio, Philippines
Ohh that's sad. I am so sorry to hear that..
@Daljinder (21544)
@Jessabuma I almost sent my Dad to kick the butts of electricity board staff.
@Jessabuma (28300)
• Baguio, Philippines
@Daljinder I really hate when there's a power interruptions
@Starmaiden (5934)
@DaddyEvil (24768)
• Aurora, Missouri
*SMH* I am so sorry you are having to live with that kind of mess all around you, DJ! Does your family not use portable generators when there is a power outage? Pretty and I own two. We keep electronics alive and functioning with one and the other is used to run a small air conditioner and the fridge. (Usually one or the other, not both at the same time.) I really hope things get back to normal for you and your family quickly, Dearheart.
@Daljinder (21544)
@DaddyEvil The thing is that our house was partitioned and the other half where we don't live was demolished. That meant the power lines needed to be removed as well from that part of the area. It also means that the power lines we have are sort of open/ direct at the back of the house. We need to have them reinstated or something anyway as they are old. New sockets, wiring, etc.. The water / drainage / sewage pipeline too. In that scenario, invert er can't be installed. We don't even have enough space to put it anywhere.
@DaddyEvil (24768)
• Aurora, Missouri
@Daljinder Oh, wow! When a house needs a remodel like that is when we rent someplace to live while the work is going on, here. I do hope things are finished quickly so your family can get on with what is important to them as quickly as possible. (Pretty and I would make you welcome here if you wanted a change of scenery and friends who aren't always looking to you for entertainment or answers to questions. )
@db20747 (8144)
• Washington, District Of Columbia
My sentiments exactly!!!
@Daljinder (21544)
@db20747 How are things on your end?
@db20747 (8144)
• Washington, District Of Columbia
@Daljinder I'm hangin' in there, trying 2 stay cool, trying to figure out ways 2 make some extra cash!!!!
@vandana7 (64929)
I have days like that all the time. I will someday share what our bedrooms look like. LOL Dad of course..lol
@Daljinder (21544)
@vandana7 We brothers and sister had solemnly vowed to ourselves that we will be throwing all the stuff away that our parents have hoarded unless they are in good and workable condition.
I hope things improve for you.
@Daljinder (21544)
!andriaperry. Thank you! I hope so too
• Laos
Hey take a deep breath and take it easy. Hope you can sense this message while internet is gone.
@Daljinder (21544)
@Supportazy Thank you! I did take a breather and escaped to my sanctuary (nowadays) upstairs.
• Northampton, England
go for a swim
@Daljinder (21544)
@thedevilinme I can't swim.
It's so sad. I hope repairs will be done soon
@Daljinder (21544)
@anamika Amen to that!
@Jlyn10 (10829)
There are good days and there are bad days, but I know you are a strong person. Don't worry, everything will be back to normal soon and you're going to sit back and relax in a clean and new environment.
@Daljinder (21544)
@Jlyn10 Thank you! I can manage to calm myself by distracting myself well enough thankfully. Can't wait to have a nice, clean, and habitable space again.
@Jlyn10 (10829)
@Daljinder Makes myLotting more comfortable.
@peavey (16600)
That sounds awful. Sounds like you need to just get away from the house and everything for awhile. Can you go visiting or shopping or walking?
You are going through so much right now! Well I hope you can continue to escape - even for a while - a whole day of that can be overwhelming!
@Icydoll (19698)
So sorry Hope your days will get better my dear friend
I am sorry..I wouldn't be able to cope with that myself..Can you go to a nice internet cafe..have a cold beverage and calm down? It seems like you need to get away.