She Can Do a Sploot Too

The corgi breed of dog is built to do a sploot again, and again, and again. Corgis are the masters of the sploot. Many dogs, not just corgis, can do a sploot. Cats can do a sploot too. Our dog Molly, a mutt, can easily do a sploot, but not as often as a corgi does a sploot. A sploot is when dogs or cats fully extend their hind legs behind them while lying on their bellies. Molly does her sploots in the cool, green grass for belly-cooling purposes. In the photo above, Molly is doing a "traditional sploot" due to her extending both of her back legs straight out behind her. Molly does a "half-sploot" when she has only one of her back legs extended straight out behind her. Molly has done a "side sploot" with her back legs placed on one side of her body while she is lying on her belly. Molly refuses to do "upside-down sploot." No way will Molly lie on her back with her back legs extended straight out because an "upside-down sploot" is very unladylike. Molly will do a "pancake sploot" every now and then. Molly demonstrates a "pancake sploot" when she extends her two back legs straight out behind her and her two front legs straight out in front of her while she lies on her belly.
Corgi Puppy Sploot Compilation | Baby corgi won't stop SPLOOTING ???????? Video by: Eli Ralston Footage provided by Jukin: https://www.jukinmedia.com Love animal...
Molly does this very well. I have seen Willy the cat doing a sploot in our lawn.
It is a cute sight to see. Took me forever to get that shot of Molly. If I had moved from my spot, she would have stood up.
@Corbin5 Most of the time I do not have my camera with me when I go outside. A few minutes ago I picked up some tomatoes and I found Willy smelling the rosemary bush, the eyes closed and with a dreaming face. Cats can be funny.
@LadyDuck Oh, that had to be an adorable sight to see. I rarely have my phone with me, and I miss a lot of photo-taking opportunities.
I had never heard of a 'sploot' although I've seen them often enough.
Some dogs can do a sploot and some cannot. Molly's back legs are completely straight and do not bend, due to her being part Chow Chow, so splooting is easy for her.
@Corbin5 That little clip is just gorgeous.
@JudyEv It is adorable. Corgis do the best sploots around!
@morgoodie (2711)
Now I know what this position is called. My dog does this all the time and it just kills my hips to look at it. Sometimes she will lay with her back legs at each side while she is laying on her belly. I just wish I could lay all stretched out like that to unkink everything.
I bet the sploot does feel pretty darn good.
@morgoodie (2711)
@Corbin5 Probably, but I'm not going to try it since I don't think I would make it back out of that position.
@morgoodie My husband and I will both get down on the floor to play with Molly. Seeing us trying to get upright again is not a pretty sight.
I have seen a very pretty corgi dog but I don't wish to own them at all.
They are cute pups, but we always rescue a mixed breed dogs. Too many dogs need homes, so it is best to rescue them rather than buy.
@Corbin5 We don't have such rescue thing here.
@toniganzon We have animals shelters all over the country for cats and dogs, and the cats and dogs are adopted by families. That works out very well for humans and cats and dogs. We adopted our current dog Molly from Magnificent Mutts Rescue. Molly says "Hello" to you.
How sweet! I wonder if the Corgi's of Queen Elizabeth do them! I am not sure what Onyx does is a sploot? He stretches really long than lays down on his side and puts his legs out behind him. Then he loves to lay on his back stretched in a horshoe shape either on his chair by front window in living room or his bed on the dining room window sill and his legs sticking straight up as a sign what i call his Time to Tickle the Tummy. He does both of them two constantly! tell Molly she is among the best for Sploots! much bettter than any corgi!
Onyx is such an entertaining kitty cat for his mom!!! Molly says a big "Thank you!" regarding her splooting abilities.
@Corbin5 he does keep me entertained especially when i see him attached to one of the three balloons he got for a fourth of July present! the balloon goes past me, and there is a kitty kat is attached to it!
Sploot --- a new word for me. I'm sure I'll never need it and because of this I won't forget it. :-) I've checked it in a dictionary and found that it has several meanings besides the one you've mentioned here, all of them describing disgusting activities. Arrgh!
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Sploot
It is a word that does have a nice ring to it. I am just glad Molly does not want to display all her girly parts by doing that "upside-down sploot."
@Corbin5 If you read about the other meanings of the term 'sploot' in the link I added, you won't think of 'a nice ring' any more.
we called this down position. what is a sploot
A sploot is when a dog lies on its belly and its two back legs are sticking straight out behind the dog. Molly is doing a sploot in the photo.
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=
@MALUSE thank you will look this up
@Shellyann36 (11278)
I have never heard of a sploot until now. It looks as if Molly has them down to a T!
Out of the 5 dogs we have rescued over the years, Molly is the only one who can do a sploot.
@Shellyann36 (11278)
@Corbin5 Well good for her. I am not sure if Sandy can do one or not. She has long legs and I have never seen her do one.
@Corbin5 Deborah, thanks for explaining that . Sophie can do a Sploot too. She does it on the ground.
I bet Sophie looks adorable when she does a sploot. Molly is the only dog of the 5 we have rescued over the years that does a sploot.
@Corbin5 Really. I think my cat I had before Sophie did it too. She would just plop on the ground and lay there.
Our Gizmo does a sploot often but Mush won't even try it.
We have rescued 5 dogs over the years, and Molly is the only one who has done a sploot. Pups are so funny.
@Corbin5 They certainly are and mine give me lots to chuckle over.
@YrNemo (14416)
It is a very relaxed posture I guess.
Molly does it only in the grass in summer because she loves the feel of the cool grass on her tummy. She is one furry pup.
@YrNemo (14416)
@HazySue (22594)
I never knew that is what it is called. Interesting. My Luke does that now and then.
It cute when they do it. Molly is our only dog out of the four we have had that displayed a sploot.
@HazySue (22594)
@Corbin5 Come to think of it, Luke is the only one I remember laying like that.
never heard of "sploot". interesting, lol. my cat does them I guess.
I am sure your cat does. We have adopted 4 dogs over the years, but Molly is the first one to do a sploot.
@Corbin5 that's strange. lol
@UncleJoe (10644)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
I tend to do a lot of involuntary sploots.
I have done some involuntary ones myself.
@Deajae72 (656)
At first, I thought Molly was a tuxedo kitty. Sorry, Molly.
She does look a bit like a tuxedo kitty!!
@quantum2020 (9782)
• Ciudad De Mexico, Mexico
I have seen cats and dogs do a sploot on the foor; thjey look very funny and I think that is a very comfortable position fo them. They seem to enjoy doing a sploot on the floor or grass
I think a sploot feels really good to dogs and cats too. Our former dogs, 4 rescue dogs over the years, never did a sploot, and Molly is the first to do it.
Interesting. I never new about sploots.
We have rescued 5 dogs over the years, and Molly is the only one who has done a sploot. It looks so funny to us when she first did that.
My cat loves to do this, the dogs not as much.
Out of the 5 dogs we have rescued over the years, Molly is the only one who had done a sploot. We were amused to see that.
@hostessman (9784)
• Tucson, Arizona
our pup the silky terrier lats that way sometimes i think it is a cute way for pets to lay
I think it feels good to them.
If you took Molly's DNA maybe she has some Corgi in her ancestory. I believe that Ellie must, because she can do that so easily and comfortably-looking.
She just might have some corgi in there. Her back legs are always straight, no bending of the back legs due to that. She gets those stick straight legs due to being part chow chow. She is the only dog we have rescued who had done a sploot.