What An Exhausting Day

I got a telephone call early this morning from my nephew. My mama had fallen and hurt her rib cage area. My sister and I went over and stayed all day with our daddy and mama. Mama wouldn't eat any of her meals and refused to take any of her medications. She wasn't able to sit up and stayed in the bed all day. She lost her bladder several times today and gave us a great struggle with cleaning her up and refused to let us put clean sheets on the bed. I finally got an opportunity to strip the bed and put fresh linens on it. She never even noticed that I had changed them. She refuses to wear adult diapers. Her nurse came today and will be back tomorrow. She thinks that mama is now beginning stage 6 of Alzheimer's. It was so hard keeping daddy from stressing over mama. We could see the anguish written all over his face. It was the longest 10 hours and I feel so exhausted and drained. Her nurse managed to get mama to take her night meds, but we only got her to take two bites of food all day. I hope that tomorrow is a better day. The photo is of my mama and my grandmother during happier days.
• Defuniak Springs, Florida
Im so sorry things are getting harder..
It was a rough day.
You are doing the best you can and you are a good daughter to help take care of your parents.
I'm so sorry your mom fell. I hope she didn't break a rib. Maybe she will be more co operative tomorrow.
We're praying for a better tomorrow.
I hope it will be @Tampa_girl7
I am sorry to hear about this. If you just put the diaper on and not tell her what it is, she will wear them, My uncle had this problem and I told him to take all her panties and put diapers in the drawer, it worked when she went for panties she put on a diaper, the pull up type.
There are times we are just not in control. I wish you the best.
That is a beautiful photo of your grandma and mom, I wish there were a cure for Alzheimer's.
• Eugene, Oregon
So sorry to hear that she fell and that it is so hard for you.
You're having a really tough time of it. Stay strong.
That is really sad..At what point will you consider a care facility? My aunt kept my uncle at home as long as she could, but she is a nurse and trained to deal with patients. She finally realized he was too difficult for her to manage..and put him in a care facility.
@arunima25 (9212)
• Bangalore, India
Things will definitely be better. Have faith. You are doing your part with best intentions and effort. Your mama and grandma look adorable
@Shiva49 (14228)
Lovely photo. Reality changes when we age. My mom is ninety and is not the same person she was when young. It is tougher for the children to see her at a stage where she is dependent on others for the basic needs - siva
I feel so bad for your Mom and Dad and you two . It must be so painful to have to live through all this. I hope that you can get a break.
@Icydoll (25873)
That's a very nice photo. Wishing your mom a speedy recovery my dear friend.
@Blondie2222 (22724)
Im so sorry to hear things are not going well with your mom. I'm sure she was blessed to have you all there though & your dad also for your guys's support. I hope tomorrow is a better day!
@Courage7 (18207)
So sorry to hear this about your Mama and all you go through there Marie. Indeed it must be very exhausting. I pray for her ribs to feel better. And you poor Daddy to worrying.
I am so sorry you are going though this Marie. Your mother and grandmother are beautiful in this photo. You are doing so much for your mum.
@caopaopao (12641)
If there is such a patient in the family, we will be very sad. I hope she will be better tomorrow.
@YrNemo (14768)
Your grandmother was so beautiful. I feel for you re: your mother's situation.
@Freelanzer (9498)
Beautiful photo. Wishing your mom a speedy recovery.
I'm so sorry she wouldn't eat or take her meds. Must be so hard on you, and hard for your dad to watch.