A Weird Neighbor

creek at our complex
@RubyHawk (30532)
Atlanta, Georgia
I'm going to tell you about weird neighbor we had in this complex. This was a woman who lived on the floor above us. The first time we met her, she stopped and rang our door bell. When my better half opened the door, she asked if he would accompany her to her apartment. She said someone had been coming inside her apartment while she wasn't there and moving items around. She was afraid to go in alone. She kept saying things that didn't make sense. I told her I would go with her and I did. She unlocked her door and we looked in the rooms, closets, under the bed, everywhere anyone could hide. I couldn't see anything wrong, but she showed me things that had been moved. I told her she was safe and left. She stopped several times and always asked my better half to accompany her, but he wouldn't go. I always walked with her and went inside. She was so obsessed with someone being in her apartment, we were afraid she might get him up there and accuse him of attempting to molest her or some such nonsense. She finally moved and we were glad to see her go.
@sallypup (30131)
• Moses Lake, Washington
I hope that poor lady got some help. Dementia setting in? She shouldn't live alone. You are very kind for helping her.
@RubyHawk (30532)
• Atlanta, Georgia
I don't know her problem but she was a young lady. I wouldn't have thought dementia but you might be right. Some young people do have dementia.
@JustBhem (46118)
• Davao, Philippines
Hmm. And why she likes to have your husband instead of you to go with her? Does he like to have a man to accompany her instead of the same gender?
lol yeah kind of risky neighbour
@JustBhem (46118)
• Davao, Philippines
@Strawberry18 Weird indeed.
@RubyHawk (30532)
• Atlanta, Georgia
I suppose she did. But he wouldn’t. I went with her several times but could see nothing amiss. @justBhem
I do not blame your better half for hesitating. She may have just had mental problems, but she might have also been trying to get your better half alone and accuse him of something. You can not be too careful nowadays.
@RubyHawk (30532)
• Atlanta, Georgia
I know, we didn't know what she was up to. Maybe she really thought someone was coming into her apartment. but I never saw any signs of it.
@RubyHawk I have an uncle that I believe I've talked to you about before. He has bouts of paranoia similar to this. He will say he hears things that others don't, or sees things that others don't. Part of it is hi memory. He will put something down somewhere and forget that he put it there. When he sees it there and not in the place it normally is, he panics.
@RubyHawk (30532)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@ScribbledAdNauseum That might have the problem of this lady. It sounds like the same pattern. It must be hard for the family to deal with your uncle.
Thank God she moved that would be so odd.
@RubyHawk (30532)
• Atlanta, Georgia
I think she had a mental problem. We were so happy when she moved.
@Shellyann36 (11257)
It sounds as if she had a few mental issues and needed help. I am glad you were kind enough to accompany her to the apartment to check it out. I hope she got the help she needed.
@RubyHawk (30532)
• Atlanta, Georgia
I hope so, but I haven't seen or heard of her since she moved.
@Shellyann36 (11257)
@RubyHawk So many people go through life without the help they need. Perhaps since she moved she got that help.
@RubyHawk (30532)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@Shellyann36 I hope so. I thought she needed treatment.
My Aunt would call mom to tell her things like that back in the late 1990s (she was in her late 80s) then we heard she had dementia and they put her in nursing care. It could have been your neighbor was suffering dementia.
@RubyHawk (30532)
• Atlanta, Georgia
It's a possibility but she was a young woman. Young people do get dementia.
I recently found out that dementia is not age related although it is more common in the elderly @RubyHawk
@RubyHawk (30532)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@rebelann Elderly people do get it more often that younger people. It's tragic at any age.
@RubyHawk Ruby, I understand what you are saying. It can happen though. Landlords have keys and they can go in and out anytime they want and they could take things or move things and make the person look like they are making it up.
@RubyHawk (30532)
• Atlanta, Georgia
They could and so do the maintenance workers. I think about that sometimes but what can you do?
@RubyHawk Why do maintenace workers have keys?
@RubyHawk (30532)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@Hannihar so they can get in the apartments in case of an emergency. If there's a fire or a water leak such as we had a few weeks ago they need to get in quickly.
Your man did the right thing by not going with her, she sounds really odd.
@RubyHawk (30532)
• Atlanta, Georgia
I think so, he didn't want to take any chances. A disturbed woman could make any kind of complaints.
I am glad that she moved. One has to be very alert and careful these days.
@RubyHawk (30532)
• Atlanta, Georgia
Yes, we do have to be careful. It's better to be over cautious than careless.
@YrNemo (14736)
Some people did that, framed some men for molesting them in order to get some money out of the victims. Didn't sound like she was a good neighbor of yours.
Your husband did the right thing never to go with her. That woman sounds weird, I am glad she moved.
@Jessabuma (33128)
• Baguio, Philippines
Ohh, she's really a weird neighbor. But thankfully she moved already.
@thelme55 (15637)
She sounded weird indeed. I am glad she is no longer your neighbor.
@sol_cee (18442)
• Japan
That’s weird. Did she have shifty eyes?
She does sound a little odd but it's good that she moved.
that is weird.. im glad he never went and couldn't get accused of anything. people are crazy these days and you just never know.
@hostessman (10313)
• Tucson, Arizona
she doesn't sound like she is all there best that she moved
I wonder if she had the beginnings of Alzheimer's or something like that. Dementia.
@xiaolisu (2407)
she should not live alone
That is strange. To me it seems like she was a very paranoid person. Hope she did better wherever she moved to.