Swimming Pool or Beach?

Amontay beach resort swimming pool.
@thelme55 (14944)
Germany
I am not fond of going to a swimming pool here in the Philippines because of many reasons: 1. there's a beach a few kilometers away where we live. 2. swimming pool is not so clean to my taste 3. I got itchy skin when I went with family to a swimming pool a few years ago. 4. I have noticed kids urinate in the pool So, which one do you prefer? I prefer to swim in the sea or ocean whenever we are in the Philippines and I go as often as I want to. The photo is the swimming pool in Amontay beach resort in Mindanao. I took only photo of this pool but my friends, hubby and I enjoyed the beach.
I love the beach.Do not mind the pool now and then.Beach is my first.Good morning
@thelme55 (14944)
Beach is my thing, too but when I visited my friends who have pools, I swim because I know the pools are clean @amadeo
@YrNemo (14416)
It is always lovely spending time at the beach. (Some swimming pools are so dirty it is incredible!)
@thelme55 (14944)
Yes, it is @YrNemo. Thanks.
I am a pool person, no sharks in the pool lol Also our pool is well chlorinated so a little urine won't hurt anyone.
@Daelii (5825)
^^^ plus people pee/poop in the sea. I've sadly seen it done! lol
@thelme55 (14944)
It is nice to have a private pool @BelleStarr. I would love going to my private pool but I don’t have that. So the beach is very good for me.
@thelme55 (14944)
@Daelii but at least the sea is wide and flowing. What? You have seen it done? How aweful. I would have scolded the person who have done it. What a shame.
I cannot go to swimming pools, they use chlorine to kill bacteria in the water, but I am allergic. I got itchy skin. What you say about kids urinating is true, unfortunately not only kids.
@thelme55 (14944)
I als got itchy skin when I was in a swimming pool some years ago @LadyDuck. So I better not do it again. The beach is stilll my favorite swimming place.
@thelme55 I feel that the beach is also cleaner. The salted water is a cleaner environment.
@thelme55 (14944)
@LadyDuck I think it is. Besides that, I need iodine, which I am lacking of living many years in Germany far from the sea.
I am not into swimming so I will take the beach.
@thelme55 (14944)
Me too @JohnRoberts. Thanks.
I prefer a river or lake for swimming, but the beach for the view.
@thelme55 (14944)
Yes, rivers and lakes are fine for swimming too. We used to live near a river when I was a kid. It was there where we washed our clothes and took a bath. Wonderful memories I got from that river. Sad to say, it is pollluted now @TRBRocks420
@caopaopao (12377)
It is good to go swimming in the sea if it is safe.
Wow, that's a big and nice swimming pool. I prefer to swim in the swimming pool, although I know kids tend to urinate just there. So, if it is what they call a flowing swimming pool, I will swim. I prefer the pool than the beach. I don't like getting darker. I easily get darker when on the beach.
@thelme55 (14944)
Really? I have seen much bigger than this swimming pool @SIMPLYD. I see. You are one of the Pilipinas who love to have white skin. I don't might getting dark as long as I don't get sunburn.
@thelme55 With the ladies almost all liking to be fairer, I also would like me to be.
I grew up on the beach and love it. We put in an inground pool at our other house, so I know it was clean. I do swim in the one at our condo in Florida, because it is well maintained and kids don't live there. Give me a beach, but on an ocean, any day!
@thelme55 (14944)
It is nice to have both pool and a beach @DianneN. You can choose which one. A private pool is still cleaner than a public pool.
@thelme55 Public pools are so ridden with germs. I recently read a report. I'd rather sit in my bathtub that use a public pool. I hope you are enjoying your time there!
@thelme55 If the swimming pool were closer than the beach I would have to say swimming pool but if were both the same distance then beach. I love the sand the watching people play games and dogs running along. I love to watch people and I think there are a wide variety at the beach.
@thelme55 (14944)
That is good @Hannihar. That is a wonderful view watching people play volleyball or other games at the beach. Joggers are fine, too but I would get scared if plenty of dogs running around at the beach.
@thelme55 I love to watch all the activity going on at the beach too but I worry about the dogs that run around there and hope that they are ok.
@kepweng (17850)
• Waikoloa, Hawaii
Swimming Pool or Beach have Pros and cons
@thelme55 (14944)
Indeed. Each has a positive and negative sides @kepweng
@porwest (7063)
Well, I LOVE a beach, don't get me wrong. But there IS something about a swimming pool. Especially when we are in Mexico on an all inclusive and there's a pool bar.
@thelme55 (14944)
Yes, there is indeed something inviting in a swimming pool. If I am in vacation and swimming pool is nearby but a beach is not, so I choose a pool @porwest.
@acelawrites (12257)
I also like the sea than swimming pools because of the reasons you stated above, except for those in Los Banos, Laguna which is a flowing pool, a hot spring pool. Or they always change the water morning and afternoon.
@thelme55 (14944)
I am sure it is a good flowing pool in Los Banos Laguna. What's the name of the resort @acelawrites?
@magallon (18124)
that is a very nice resort... i also like to swim in a beach than in a swimming pool.. i can imagine all the dirt and bacteria in it...
@thelme55 (14944)
Yes, it is a nice resort. So we are the same. Happy new week
Beach! Swimming pools are nasty!
@thelme55 (14944)
Right! I agree with you @andriaperry. Thanks.
• New Baltimore, Michigan
Awesome pic! I love them both. But it can get pretty hot at the beach. I like cloudy days at the beach.
Neither Despite knowing to swim I feel unsafe.
@UncleJoe (10644)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
I prefer a pool. The surf here in Virginia Beach is usually too rough to stand still and pee in.
If I had a choice, it would be the beach. For now my only choice is the pool. Enjoy the beach. Nice picture.
I am not a great swimmer, so for swimming purposes I'd rather be in a pool - where the space is controlled and there's an "edge" I can count on. But it cannot compete with the scenery of the beach - so beautiful whereas a pool is so stale.