Our favorite pastime: waiting

Midland, Michigan
Just the way I wanted to spend my day. I had an MRI and Bone scan scheduled for this afternoon when I'm supposed to be at work. Since my surgery has been postponed another month, again, I thought this appointment would be pushed back also. So, I let work know it's be late. I had my wound checked by the specialist for that this morning at ten and figured I'd see whether they could fit me in earlier for those two tests or at the very least do my check in now so I could just head back when it was time. After calling around, the gal said they could fit me in. I already had the MRI and now I'm alone in the waiting room as the person manning the desk went to lunch. I'm going to call to make sure everyone didn't go to lunch rather than sitting here longer. I called and they came and got me right away although I think they are still finishing up with someone from ER. At least I'm not left wondering in the other room.
I cancel mine.Sick of MRI.Every things is MRi.They just want to make money.No more for me.Just want to concentrate on my anemia
@LoriAMoore is yours deadly as mine?What is your hematology there?
• Midland, Michigan
My knee Dr is now using them to order parts specifically for each patient. He didn't require one for my first replacement and I doubt I'll be having many MRIs in the future.
So did you think they had forgotten you? I hope the rest of the day goes well for you.
• Midland, Michigan
Yes I thought I was forgotten once the one gal left for lunch. She had let them know I was there first, but about twenty it more minutes went by and I didn't want to wait only to find they all went for lunch. They got a patient from ER while waiting for me. Had they informed me of that already I wouldn't have been as concerned. Hi, Janet, long time no see.
@MarshaMusselman Hi Marsha, good to see you too. I'm lacking a little on motivation to come here lately, but do pop in now and again.
• Midland, Michigan
@jaboUK I understand fully and do the same thing periodically.
@peavey (16786)
I think I hate waiting rooms more than anything else about having tests done or just going to the doctor. 15 minutes can seem like an hour and then I anticipate what is to come and just wish it was over so I could go home or wherever.
• Midland, Michigan
I've learned to not worry about what the results might be. And I always thing about what else I could be doing with my time. But, I also know that I probably wouldn't have done much at home anyway.
@garymarsh6 (14263)
I get really irritated having to wait for appointments which invariably are ALWAYS running late. But if you are one minute late they make you feel like you have committed murder or something!
• Midland, Michigan
I knew someone once that would never wait for the Dr. If they didn't promise she'd be seen on time she would find another provider. I was actually several hours early for mine. They said they could work me in and maybe if someone from ER didn't beat me to the bone extras is have been done a bit earlier.
@garymarsh6 (14263)
@MarshaMusselman That is brilliant and an exception rather than the norm.
• Midland, Michigan
@garymarsh6 that is true. Not many of us are willing to tell the Dr that we'll leave it's here doesn't make it to our appointment in a timely manner.
@responsiveme (16756)
One thing we got to do here when we go to a doctor is to wait
• Midland, Michigan
It sounds like waiting is a fairly common scenario for all countries
@MarshaMusselman it certainly is
I hate to wait for hours, I feel it's so much a waste of time. I hope you can have surgery as scheduled now.
• Midland, Michigan
Technically, or according to the surgeons secretary it should be closed up by tomorrow. I'm using Prysma on it. That is supposed to help the cells work better and has worked well before. I'm also wearing a stocking topped by an ace wrap to work and took the stocking off but our the ace back on for the night. It's not been hitting as much as it was so I'm hopeful. It's it's not healed this weekend the specialist is seeing me on the third as he doesn't think it will be healed quite yet. He said he can talk the surgeon into still letting me have the surgery in August. And who knows maybe it will either have a scan starting it be closed up when I check it next.
@MarshaMusselman Let's hope you can have surgery in August, at least you are done with this.
@ridingbet (55636)
so, you were anxious when you were left alone in the room?
• Midland, Michigan
Not immediately since I knew the gal called to let them know I was there. Had they told her how long the wait might be I wouldn't have questioned the wait. In fact, once I had the extras I was again left in that room for about ten minutes while they made sure everything could be seen from them. Normally, that part hasn't taken very long but their software isn't working like it used to and instead of the software matching all the images up they had to do that themselves. It's they had to do that for the previous person that would be why the process took so much longer. I think a lot of us could learn how to communicate better than we do.
Awful time to waste!
• Midland, Michigan
Well, they did get me in earlier and it's it was going to take three hours whenever I weren't at least I wasn't too late for work. It would have been nice to know. But, they can't foresee when ER will needed their help which is what happened with the exrays.
Waiting seems the national passtime at the doctor's.
• Midland, Michigan
I've never waited that long before, although I've never heard two tests back to back before either. Maybe it's more normal than I was expecting.
Having these things done would be more pleasurable if the waiting was not an issue.
• Midland, Michigan
At least I had something to do.
@vsai2008 (7689)
Waiting in hospitals is really very tiring, both for patients and attendants, esp if the patients are old and diabetic. I had to wait with my father for the longest time to get his colonoscopy done
• Midland, Michigan
I don't remember having to wait long at all when I had mine done a few years ago. Normal wait times for me are ten to twenty minutes. I was there to see if they could fit me in early. I'm thankful they were able to do that especially if it could have taken that long no matter when I went
I feel for you! I have been doing this for 2 years with Tony.
• Midland, Michigan
Not a lot of fun, is it? I'm sure my sister did similar things when taking my mom to doctor's
@Shellyann36 (10754)
Good idea to call so they don't forget you.
I hate to be left in a room, and wondering. Glad you got that over with.
@Jessabuma (33011)
• Baguio, Philippines
I hate waiting in hospitals, very tiring