Favorite Movie Week - Day 1

Green Bay, Wisconsin
When trying to decide what movie to watch yesterday to kick off my favorite movie week, prior to my birthday, which falls during the week, I made up my mind based on an actor's birthday. It's definitely a classic and all time favorite. I learned yesterday was Patrick Wayne's birthday. If you don't know who that is, that's okay. I didn't either until I connected the dots when I looked up who he is. He's the son of John Wayne, and as I learned, not only he played in the movie I watched yesterday, but so did his younger sister, Alissa Wayne. So, the movie I'm speaking about is none other than McLintock starring John Wayne and Maureen O'Hara, Patrick Wayne played the young man attracted to Stefanie Powers, the daughter, Chill Wills, the butler, and Yvonne De Carlo as Mrs. Warren, the cook. My two favorite scenes in the movie are the mud hole fight and the end when GW chases down Katie on the Fourth of July, and ends with a paddling at the stable. If you haven't seen this John Wayne classic, it's a good one and I fully recommend it. Picture is from Wikimedia Commons
Seen this one. Those are the two most famous scenes in the movie.
I figured you would have seen it. I agree. It's great all the way through.
This was a great one.Yes I know about Patrick Wayne there.I love Chill Wills he was quite a character.
Yes, he was quite the character.
@just4him yes he was.Adorable
@moffittjc (45290)
• Gainesville, Florida
McLintock is a great John Wayne movie! I have seen it many times! I never knew his kids were in it. I love when I learn something new about a movie I love!
I didn't either until I was ready to watch it and happened to learn Patrick's birthday was a couple days ago.
That is one of my favorite too, big John Wayne fan here.
I bought a John Wayne collection a few months ago that has 10 movies on it. I made certain that was one of them when I bought it. I'm going to need to look for another collection set for more of his movies I enjoy.
@tammys85 (11874)
Oooh it's almost your birthday? Happy Birthday, in case I don't login that day! I'm glad you enjoyed the movie. I don't think I've seen it, but I've heard of John Wayne.
You really should see this one, if you don't watch any other of his movies. Thank you. It's tomorrow.
@tammys85 (11874)
@just4him I'd have to see if we have it. I think my Daddy used to watch a few of his movies, but I'm not 100% sure on that. I could've sworn I saw one with him when I was digging through our bin of DVDs.
@tammys85 I hope you do. It's a classic.
My mom has seen everything under the sun he was in. Boy would she love this post.
Why not share it with her?
@just4him She is not speaking to me. I have no intentions on disturbing her life.
@sharon6345 I'm so sorry. Sounds like between my older son and I.
@FayeHazel (19948)
I saw that one. :-) The colors were so pretty then in films. I was shocked at how times have changed though, the paddling scene
Those two scenes are classic. Of course, you wouldn't be able to do that in a film today. I agree, the colors were great.
@FayeHazel (19948)
@just4him I wonder why the colors are so much better? Technology is not always better
@FayeHazel I think it was the technology they used in making movies. They always told you back then it was filmed in technicolor.
@dgobucks226 (13787)
Those John Wayne movies always have some interesting actors in the cast. Remember one called The Sons of Katie Elder with Dean Martin, Earl Holliman and Dennis Hopper.
I have that one in the collection I bought a few months ago. I should watch it, as I never have.
@dgobucks226 (13787)
@just4him One of the Duke's better Western's for sure!
@dgobucks226 Yes, it was. I'm glad you also enjoyed it.
I've seen it and you are describing two very famous and classic scenes. Great movie!
I'm glad you love it too. Edgar Buchannon as Bunny is great in this too. Love the Indian - Great party - Where's the whiskey!
@just4him Ahahahahaaaa!
@kobesbuddy (55339)
• East Tawas, Michigan
McLintock was a wonderful movie, we've seen this one a couple time:) I love it!
Yes, it is a wonderful movie.
@kobesbuddy (55339)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@just4him We sure loved this one!
@Shellyann36 (11273)
I well remember the mud hole fight. I did not know his son and daughter were in the movie though. Very interesting. I will have to look it up.
I didn't know either until I happened to run into his birthday a couple days ago, and then when I started the movie, there was a bit of an intro telling about his daughter also being in the movie.
@Shellyann36 (11273)
@just4him Very interesting. The difference between that son and the age of his younger son Scott is several years.
@Jessabuma (33192)
• Baguio, Philippines
I am not familiar with this and I have never seen it yet.. but I would love to watch it too.
I hope you get a chance to. It's a good movie.
@Jessabuma (33192)
• Baguio, Philippines
@just4him I hope so too.. thank you
I have and I like it, I seen it will be coming back on soon too, t.v. that is.
Good to know it's coming back to TV
I haven't seen this movie in years. In fact I haven't seen a John Wayne movie in a long long time. I saw Patrick Wayne on some show recently and didn't know he was the son of John Wayne.
I wouldn't have known it either if I hadn't looked up the info on him when I ran across him on the birthday list.
@RubyHawk (29322)
• Atlanta, Georgia
That's my favorite John Wayne movie. I would love to see it again.