Recall on one of my blood pressure medicines

I have had hypertension (high blood pressure) for the past 10 years or so. It runs in the family and the fact that I am overweight doesn't help the situation. I take 2 different medications--one in the morning and one at night. They do a good job of controlling my blood pressure. Anyway, I saw a news headline the other day about a BP medicine being recalled for containing a carcinogen. I never bothered to read the actual article though. I figured that, if it was mine, I'd rather deal with cancer down the line than the possibility of an imminent stroke. Yesterday when I went to pick up my prescription refills, the pharmacist told me that, while my medication was the one recalled, the manufacturer that made mine was not on the list so I was in the clear. Okay good. I just got a call from that same pharmacist informing me that, as of this morning, my manufacturer's formulation is now on the recall list and that I need to come in and get new meds. I don't have time to do that this afternoon/evening so I'm going to live on the edge and take one more pill tomorrow morning. . . and pick up the new medication tomorrow afternoon.
@responsiveme (16816)
I have no and take medication too, what is your medicine name.?
Valsartan
@NJChicaa will need to check up on mine. There was also this news about high bp limits being changed
@myklj999 (18206)
Yep, article seems to think it must not be that dangerous really... "patients taking the recalled valsartan-containing medicines should continue taking their medicine until they have a replacement product".
I've been taking it for years. I don't think one more day is going to make a difference.
@Missmwngi (10783)
• Nairobi, Kenya
May you get better and live off those medicine
@KristenH (24933)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Oh no. You can't seem to catch a break. Hope it works out well for you tomorrow.
It will be fine. She said they already have a replacement medicine for it for me.
@KristenH (24933)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
@NJChicaa Nice. So glad it worked out for you my friend.
i take lisinopril..as far as i know it has no recall..yet..