Sports Fan or Not

@rakski (22098)
Hello everyone. I confess, I am not a sports enthusiast. I grew up with sports not being a part of my life or any other physical activity for that matter. You see, I was a sickly kid. I remember going to the doctor almost every week. I always have fever, pneumonia, colds. I grew scared of needles because the doctor always inject my butt cheek every 2-3 days. In short, I am a weakling. Fast forward after college, I decided to go to gym, lose weight, go mountain climbing. I still have my asthma but i did not let it hinder me do things I want except for sports. I never grow fond of them. I just swim. I want to play volleyball and tennis but learning it in my younger years is a no no due to health conditions. Now, I try to engage my kids to be more involve in sports. I think it is a nice and good experience for them. So how about you, what sports do you like and play?
I did my sports in school I was on the track team that I adored. Now I am not a fan of it enough to watch the superbowl. Nope.
@rakski (22098)
At least when younger you were involved in sports
@rakski Oh yeah I was also on swimming which I adored more than anything.
@rakski (22098)
@sharon6345 yes, same here. I love swimming too
@Porcospino (18422)
• Denmark
I have never been very interested in sports. There is only one type of sports that I love, and it is badminton. I used to play once a week, but I have had some problems with my knee lately, and I don't play at the moment.
@rakski (22098)
Aw. That is sad to hear. As for me, I like to play badminton but I have no one to play with.
@Porcospino (18422)
• Denmark
@rakski I hope that I will be able to play again when my knee gets better. It is sad that you don't have anyone to play with.
@rakski (22098)
@Porcospino Yes, nowadays people just want to lie around with their gadgets.
@hereandthere (32790)
wow, mountain climbing! which mountain? how did you prepare?
@rakski (22098)
Mt. Daguldol, Mt. Batulao, Pico de Loro all in Batangas. Mt. Ampakao and Mt. Pulag in Benguet. There was one in Sierra Madre but it was a medical mission. Then some in Rizal. I go to the gym before. It was an open climb so anyone can go. My friend will arrange a climb with his mountainner friends and then us who wants to go. So hey bring most of the equioments needed. I only bring day backpack. I just have to have my own water supply for the climb. I always have my inhaler with me. But I survived.
@rakski wow! what do you usually bring? how many hours does it take? how many days do you stay?
@rakski (22098)
@hereandthere we travel from Manila around 4am depending on the location. I am a little slow than them. haha. I have to stop every now and then to catch my breath. 3-4 hours to go to the peak depends on the level of the mountain. We stay there overnight and camp. Other than my own supply of water for the whole stay which around 1-2 liters. clothes for changing, malong, sleeping bag, some food and necessities. We share tents. My friends have the portable stove and pots.
@JustBhem (42989)
• Davao, Philippines
I remember mountain climbing. I and the boyfriend used to be a mountain climber, we already climbed the highest peak of Mt. Apo and other peaks here in Davao. The feeling is very fulfillment. Also, I used to be a volleyball varsity when I was in my 1st and 2nd year High School. Then drop out of it because I cannot focus on my subject anymore. I also like basketball.
@rakski (22098)
Wow that was great. Yes, you are right. The feeling when you are at the peak of the mountains is very giod and satisfying. My friend had been in Mt.Apo. I only do minor climb because of my health. But I was able to go to Mt.Pulag in Benguet. It was very beautiful. When I climb, my friends have to be there because they give me support. When climbing, I can only bring a day back pack. They brought most of my stuff distributedly.
@JustBhem (42989)
• Davao, Philippines
@rakski Yes, when I was in the peak of Mt. Apo. It's like almost touching the clouds. I feel so lively at that time.
@rakski (22098)
@JustBhem for sure. Also in Mt. Pulag which is the second highest peak. It's like you are walking with the clouds
@AKRao24 (21212)
I am also not a sports man! I just used to participate in few sports in College. Mt main area of interest was to perform on the stage. I am interested in playing various instruments and love to stage the shows of Ventriloquism. However as an Indian I love Cricket and meticulously follw some important matches.Similarly I like to watch World Cup foot Ball Matches!
@rakski (22098)
Oh that is nice. So you are a Ventriloquist? That is great. At least you have the love for performing arts. Arts and sports neglected me.
@AKRao24 (21212)
@rakski, Yes I am a Ventriloquist and have a family of Dummies with me! ! My nephew (Special Child) is seen with my Dummies
@rakski (22098)
@AKRao24 Oh at least they does not look like chuckie doll. I am scared of that.
I used to play volleyball. Then a few years back I got into mountain biking then shifted to road bikes. I don't cycle for strolling. I cycle for speed and exercise so the route I take must have high slopes. Usually I go to the mountain with lots of slopes.
@rakski (22098)
Oh that is nice. Do you still do that up to now?
@rakski Nope it's been two years I haven't done that, but I would love to again.
@rakski (22098)
@toniganzon I hope you will too. But you do yoga every day, so at least you are active.
@SRSaba (1017)
• Chennai, India
Nice to hear! keep it up! I liked cricket, volleyball, tennis and kabadi
@rakski (22098)
What is kabadi?
@SRSaba (1017)
• Chennai, India
@rakski one of the Asian game from India.
@rakski (22098)
@SRSaba okay. I will search on that.
@Jessabuma (33192)
• Baguio, Philippines
Yes, I love sports. I used to play volleyball and softball game when I was in elementary and high school.
@rakski (22098)
Wow. Giod for you. It is good to have an active lifestyle
@Jessabuma (33192)
• Baguio, Philippines
@rakski yes that's true..
@rakski (22098)
@chicnthin (2832)
I actually hate PE classes, it's my least favorite subject though many love it. If someday I have my own child, I'll try to encourage him/her play sports.
@rakski (22098)
Oh yes. I am now encouraging them to be involve in sports.
@chicnthin (2832)
@rakski it's good to be exposed in different sports while they are still young.
@rakski (22098)
@chicnthin oh yes that is true.
@reploid (1346)
• France
I am not a sports enthusiast either and just like you, I was not involved in sports as a kid.
@rakski (22098)
yes, it is quite hard when you are not so active when young
@reploid (1346)
• France
@rakski Yes, and also you find no interest in sports when you grow up.
I'm glad you're trying to involve your children in sports. I'm not a sports enthusiast either, but I do enjoy playing sports more than watching them. I swim almost every day - Monday to Friday.
@rakski (22098)
Swimming is good. I would love to do that but we do not have a nearby pool here.
@rakski That's a shame.
@saritflor (4121)
• Israel
I see once in awhile for example the fifa world cup
@rakski (22098)
but do you play sports?
@saritflor (4121)
• Israel
@rakski rarely, that would be soccer
@owstalaga (4576)
I am not a sports fan too. I took swimming as PE in college but that's it. Hahaha. We had folk dance and other PE but I've never really participated that much. I'm surprised I even passed PE subjects. Lol.
@rakski (22098)
Oh I've been there, done that too. Swimming, table tennis, folk dance
I like sports..enjoy playing them more than watching them..but I do like football on TV.
@rakski (22098)
oh wow, at least you get to actively participate.
Sorry that you had such health problems when you were young. I was very sporty when younger, I did cross country running, rode horses, putt the shot, played netball and hockey, and was a good swimmer. Now all I do is gardening and walking.
@rakski (22098)
Yes, it is something that I would want to change if given the chance. I want to experience how to play sports and be active in life. Now, I do walking too.
I only got interested in basket ball when my brothers were around. It stopped when he moved out. I tried to go basketball again but that's the first time I've experience arthritis and learned I have uric acid.
@rakski (22098)
oh my, sorry to hear that you cannot play because of arthritis and uric acid.
I do pool exercise three days a week and Parkinson's exercise with my husband one or two days a week. No sports for us lol
@rakski (22098)
but that is enough to be active also.
• Medan, Indonesia
Sure..very fan
@rakski (22098)
that is nice!
@Tracy04 (10815)
I do love to do sports because it's making you stay active and can meet people. Also, it will makes you forget if you have current problems that you not wish to think more.... I love inline skating, rock climbing, gym, jog, swimming. If i have friends who invite me soccer, I would just run although cannot catch the ball
@rakski (22098)
wow, how I love to try those sports too...
@deba12 (3098)
I like cricket, though I don't play it. I was also a weakling in my childhood days like you. But I don't enjoy other sports as well. But I want to learn swimming.
@rakski (22098)
Oh you can still learn swimming.