My Magical Machine

By Tee
@Deajae72 (633)
I love my new top. I bought this a couple months ago. I wanted to wear it but it feels weird. Even Eric was "Nuh!". Today, I fixed it! And I loved how it turned out. There was 3/4 ruffles attached to the arm. I trimmed the ruffles and made it 2.5 long. I added lace on the bottom of the shirt to add more life to it. I put straps on the shoulders and accentuated it with lace and pearls, to cover the straps of the bra. I don't wear a strapless bra. My girls are full. Wallah! I have something to wear tonight.
That is awesome! I just bought a new sewing machine last month, I plan to get back to sewing but I am not that good!
@Deajae72 (633)
Thank you You should! I love sewing. I was not good and I am still learning. I am a self-taught sewist which makes me proud of myself. I bought some books for beginners and I improvised. My next plan is to get an embroidery machine so I can embroider names and characters.
You did a fine job of making that blouse the way you wanted! You have skills!!!
@Deajae72 (633)
Thank you, Deborah. I love sewing. This is what I do when I am not myLotting. I have my own sewing room that is messy. Eric was like, "Clean your sewing room, woman!" Uhm.. NO! Do not touch anything in my cave. If my cave is clean, that means I am not doing anything and it makes me feel lazy and unproductive. Why do men always want to tell women what to do?
@Deajae72 You have things where you want them in your sewing room, so no one should touch anything!!! I love to sew too. I have my own tools, paint, and other home repair items, and no one is allowed to touch those either.
If you found that awesome you would do wonders with thrift store clothing. Simple touches like that remake outdated clothing.
@Deajae72 (633)
This was brand new which made me feel bad because I cannot wear it, so I came up with the idea of altering it. That is what I am going to do next time. I do some alterations for friends and some referrals. I am going to do your suggestions. I was a Thrift Store girl but I couldn't find time to go especially now that vehicle is my problem. Always hoping for the best. Thank you for your suggestions.
@Deajae72 That is good you now have something else to look forward to. Collect a little something from others and watch your ends begin to meet.
@hereandthere (31894)
you definitely transformed this blouse! so pretty! is this your first self-taught project?
@Deajae72 (633)
No. I have been sewing for three years now and I did some alterations in the past but this is the first for myself.
Good for you. It looks great.
@Deajae72 (633)
Thank you, @RasmaSandra
• Peoria, Arizona
It is so pretty! I need to learn how to use a sewing machine. I have so much material that I would love to do something with, but never can.
@Deajae72 (633)
Thank you, Felicia. You can go to YouTube. That's how I learned the basic. Good luck.
@Icydoll (22461)
Wow your idea of adding laces and pearl ..turned out the total look of the top awesome..I loved it. I love like the black and white combination
@Deajae72 (633)
Thank you, Icydoll. I loved it, too. I altered some of my clothes. Fun to make.
@responsiveme (16753)
You are good with your hands.It must be good to be able to transform your clothing. The finished product is pretty