Ten Songs You Probably wouldn't listen to Unless I Told you To #1: Wild Child

Ponce De Leon, Florida
With all the talk that is constantly going on here at myLot I am surprised that it took me this long to do a series on music. I listen to a little bit of everything, although country and 90s music does show up a little more than others. So that will probably be represented in this series. This first song is country, but not old school country. Kenny Chesney is one of the, if not the biggest male country singer of the last ten to fifteen years. I have been a huge fan ever since that fateful summer day when I first saw one of his music videos on CMT while I was babysitting. His music has changed a lot over the years, and there are quite a few of his songs that I really really love, and this one is at the top of the list.
Music video by Kenny Chesney performing Wild Child. (C) 2014 Blue Chair Records, LLC, under exclusive license to Sony Music Nashville, a division of Sony Mus...
@DWDavis (11574)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
I can say this is one of my favorite Kenny songs, but so many of his songs qualify as my favorites. I love to listen to his music while I write. However, there is one song of his that is my absolute favorite, Anything But Mine. It takes me back to the summer I turned 16 and the girl I spent most of that summer with.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
That song would play during some scenes in your books. Who You'd be Today would probably be one of my favorites.
@DWDavis (11574)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
@thislittlepennyearns Who You'd Be Today might play in the movie version of Pier Rats, if I ever decide to finish and publish it, when Mike visits Maeve's grave years later.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
@DWDavis That's going to be a sad one to read if you ever do publish it.
I know the name Kenny Chesney. Miranda Lambert was once opening act for one of his tours.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
I think that might of been one of the tours I saw. I can't remember. I've seen him several times.
@thislittlepennyearns It was 2009 at the beginning of Miranda's career.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
@JohnRoberts Then there is a good chance that I saw her live. I saw Taylor Swift when she was still an innocent little country girl. When she toured with Brad Paisley.
@Deajae72 (628)
I love that song. Chesney is my favorite country singer. Thanks to my bf for introducing him to me. I listened to some country songs but none has ever stole my heart like Chesney does.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
Hes probably the best in my opinion.
@Deajae72 (628)
@thislittlepennyearns I know right? He is also so down to earth. Did you see the song and video he made for his dad who was diagnosed with alzheimer's ? That was touching.
I love this song. I listen to it probably every day. Another one of his with Grace Potter that is great is "You and Tequila"
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
Yeah, I've always liked that song. Grace Potter was on a couple episodes of One Tree Hill so i am familair with her other stuff as well.
@wolfgirl569 (6315)
• Marion, Ohio
I like a lot of his. Too many too name them