Opening old wounds

Not the emotional kinds of wounds but the physical kind. Many years ago (18 to be exact) I had tripped over a knot in my carpet and fell chest first into the arm of my sofa. That fall had left me with three cracked ribs on my left center. (The heart area) Nothing can be done to "fix" cracked or broken ribs. I just had to take pain meds and endure 2-3 months of painful discomfort. About a year after they healed, I met a friend who, upon realizing who I was, gave me a bear hug. My "healed" ribs cracked again! I was out of commission again for anoth 2-3 months. Several years later I was riding my bicycle down a huge hill, lost control of my bike, flew head over handlebars and landed chest first into the frame of my bike. The old wound reopened again. Another 3 months of painful discomfort. That last incident occurred 11 years ago. Last week I had a visit from two of my brothers. One of them is 6'6 and very stocky. Before they left I asked him for a hug. (Big mistake) He gave me a huge bear hug...guess what? Not ALL of them cracked, but one of my fragile ribs is feeling is a bit displaced. Have you ever had a wound that just continues to reopen?
I am about to cry. I am sorry These are not easy for me. I am so sorry. I can't imagine I am sorry. Please forgive me.
@sharon6345 You didn't break my ribs Sharon. Nothing to forgive...unless you are laughing so hard you cry.
@Starmaiden No I was sad to read that I am a big cry baby. I feel other pain. It's not easy.
@sharon6345 Hopefully no one from mylot said that?
@sol_cee (18434)
• Japan
Remember not to ask for a hug from your bear of a brother. hehe
Or tell him "No bear hugs".
So sorry to hear this. No, I have never encountered such problems. One healed I suggest wearing a T-shirt that says fragile ribs hug with care.
That isn't a bad Idea! I will definitely look into it.
@Courage7 (21075)
Poor Lucinda. Yes I do have a wound, several but it is not physical. It is constantly being opened by one or another abusives.
@Courage7 (21075)
@Starmaiden Sorry about that it is just what came to mind. I am so sorry that your ribs keep getting smashed. Terrible. I wish it never happened to you.
@Courage7 Me too. It is a constant reminder of how old I (and my bones) are getting.
@MarymargII (10830)
• Toronto, Ontario
Wow that definitely was a painful post to read-- oh ouch for you!
@MarymargII (10830)
• Toronto, Ontario
@Starmaiden Don't let anyone hug you ever unless it's in cyberspace haha! hahaha!
@MarymargII Only one armed hugs from now on.
Ouch!!! I can't imagine dealing with that pain so many times
I got used to it.
@Starmaiden you're a better person than I am. I doubt I'd get used to that pain
@Marilynda1225 It requires many years of building up a high tolerance to pain level. When I broke my wrist back in Feb of this year, the doctor didn't think it was broken because I wasnt "in pain" enough.
I am sorry to hear these incidents. I hope you will not have the recurrence of these accidents. I don't have any kinds of conditions. I do hope it will not happen to me.
@Starmaiden I do agree with you. I had seen it to some of my patients before. Be careful always my friend.
Wow, how painful that must be, so sorry for you. Are your bones especially fragile?
Yes they are. I'm at high risk for osteoporosis.
@Freelanzer (9536)
No more hugs for you. Sorry to hear about that. I never knew a hug would cause that, And no more bike riding too.
I've settled for the one armed hugs and a stationary bike.
@GreatMartin (6530)
• Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
Over the years I have had many wounds but I've been lucky--I get new ones not old ones! :O) In any case they aren't any fun! Your brother should have known better! :O)
I don't blame him. He didn't know about my ribs being fragile.
@rakski (24118)
Oh my. I hope you fell better. I think it is must very fragile and easy to re-fracture because of the number of incidents it has been re-fracture again and again. I hope you will better soon.
I'll be fine. It does kind of suck though.
@franxav (5933)
Sorry to know you are going through this pain. Hope it gets healed.
Thank you.
@Ebem21 (23)
• Lagos, Nigeria
So sorry. But no.
Ouch! That sounds awful. I have some chronic issues but I don't think anything is broken yet!
I have never experienced any bad physical wounds.
Yes my shoulder, but is fine now.