Layers of Heat

Layered Sunset on Hot Day
@bagarad (12747)
Paso Robles, California
At sundown it was still an oppressive 85 degrees tonight. As I walked to the mailbox a block away it seemed that the waves of heat were layered in the sunset. There was no cool breeze such as we usually get to relieve the heat when the sun goes down. I feel for the people who are attending the Mid-State Fair a couple of miles away. Someone working a booth there told me last night that the air conditioning in her building had gone out for an hour and they had to rely on fans. There always seems to be a heat wave during the fair. That's one reason I rarely go. How is your weather?
@banksim (2650)
in India its raining heavily
@xFiacre (5210)
@banksim But is it cold rain or warm rain?
@banksim (2650)
@xFiacre cold rain
@xFiacre (5210)
@banksim Beautiful.
Its hot but not so much humidity.
@bagarad (12747)
• Paso Robles, California
It's more humid than usual here, but not as humid as it is back east.
It's hot right now, those are the hottest days of the year, we could reach the 85 F during two or three days. The nights are never so hot, we usually drop around 65 F, that is not too bad and enough to cool down the house.
@bagarad (12747)
• Paso Robles, California
I wish it never got hotter than 85 here. It's at least cooler outside than inside tonight, down to 65, so I'm trying to air the house out with all the windows open.
@bagarad I open all the upstairs windows during the night, the air from the mountains is always cool.
@bagarad (12747)
• Paso Robles, California
@LadyDuck The problem is that it doesn't cool off enough until around midnight to open the windows and we live in a one-story house. It's somewhat risky to leave the windows open after we're both in bed, so I just don't get to bed until very late. I'd like to go now, but it's still too hot to open the windows.
@peavey (16866)
I saw that you are having a lot of heat there. We have had cooler weather the last few days and it's supposed to hold over the weekend, then hot again. It rained this afternoon and cooled it way down, and now its around 63, which is awesome right now.
@bagarad (12747)
• Paso Robles, California
It's after midnight and down to 65 now, but the heat will resume tomorrow. We drove to the coast this afternoon to escape the triple digit temperatures and shop at Costco. It was 20 degrees cooler there.
@peavey (16866)
@bagarad I'm glad you can find some cooler areas. And 65 isn't too bad for night time. It's 74 here right now (at noon!) and it's supposed to be down to 49 tonight! That's a fluke and it will be back up in the high 80s and low 90s after this, with lows in the lower 60s. I hope you get a good break from the heat soon.
@bagarad (12747)
• Paso Robles, California
@peavey It's 62F now at 2am, going up to 104F during the daytime Friday and 105F on Saturday. It's very tempting to leave for the coast.
@wolfgirl569 (10287)
• Marion, Ohio
It is better here right now, the humidity has dropped. Our county fair is like that, either oppressively hot or thunderstorms all day.
@bagarad (12747)
• Paso Robles, California
I don't ever remember seeing a thunderstorm here during the fair. We don't get them in summer.
@wolfgirl569 (10287)
• Marion, Ohio
@bagarad We have had some bad ones during that time. Our county fair runs over the 4th of July and Ohios state fair is going on now.
@bagarad (12747)
• Paso Robles, California
@wolfgirl569 Our fair is over, but it will be even hotter this weekend than it was last week.
@Shellyann36 (11273)
Hot and humid in the 90's today. I don't like to go to fairs and such in the summer heat.
@bagarad (12747)
• Paso Robles, California
I guess we never can be sure of perfect weather during the fair.
@Shellyann36 (11273)
@bagarad I always enjoy when the fall rolls around and the state fair comes to town or the local Oktober Fest on Ft. Bragg.
@bagarad (12747)
• Paso Robles, California
@Shellyann36 I'm not comfortable in crowds. I prefer small local events.
@RubyHawk (29419)
• Atlanta, Georgia
The last few days have been a little cooler the high 80s but it still feels hot.
@bagarad (12747)
• Paso Robles, California
That's how it's been here, too.
@RubyHawk (29419)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@bagarad Next month we should feel some cool weather coming in, Not that I want to see cold weather. I'll take summer every time even with the heat.
@bagarad (12747)
• Paso Robles, California
@RubyHawk Winters are not usually very cold here. The coldest is a few nights that go into the twenties and bring a bit of frost.
@simplfred (5485)
Nice picture you have in there. The weather here is just okay I think, it is noon here but the sun seems so shy.
@bagarad (12747)
• Paso Robles, California
Our sun isn't shy at all. It's very hot. It will be 104F later today and 10F on Saturday.
@simplfred (5485)
@bagarad I believe the clouds are shy in your area. Haha.
@bagarad (12747)
• Paso Robles, California
@simplfred They are only around if there is moisture in the air. Tonight there isn't much of it.
@porwest (7432)
Last week we had a bit of a cooldown, enough so that we were even able to turn off the AC and open the windows. That was a nice little break. But now we're back to the layers of heat you describe.
@bagarad (12747)
• Paso Robles, California
It's supposed to be in triple digits for another week! I'm really tired of it.
@porwest (7432)
@bagarad Yeah, that can get old real fast. Just give me warm. I can leave the unbearable hot.
Beautiful capture Here weather is much on pleasant side today
@bagarad (12747)
• Paso Robles, California
You have much to be thankful for.
@bagarad True.. I am thankful to God for such a pleasant weather
• New Delhi, India
It us very pleasant since the last few two days. Im enjoying it
@bagarad (12747)
• Paso Robles, California
Is your weather usually warmer?
• New Delhi, India
@bagarad yes..it is summer time. Very hot and humid
We only rely on fans here
I cried because I had no shoes until I met a man who had no feet
@bagarad (12747)
• Paso Robles, California
I would find your climate very hard. We tried relying on fans last year for a week while our air conditioning was down. I do feel sorry for those who don't have it.
@bagarad We chose not to have it We have many windows that let in fresh air and the heat may not be that intense that fans cannot take care.Also, It is a matter of getting used to. In your case it is once in a way and so your body is not ready for it.
@PatZAnthony (13057)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
The last few days were terrible, but we know fall is just around the corner! We can make it just a few more weeks.
@bagarad (12747)
• Paso Robles, California
There has been some relief here this week, but some of our hottest days come in September and October.
@GreatMartin (5786)
• Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
I love to hear people from other States complaining about heat--come to South Florida or New Orleans, Louisianna for the month of August and you would never complain again!!
@bagarad (12747)
• Paso Robles, California
That's one reason I've not moved to any of those places. Humid heat is especially hard on me. You ohave my sympathy.
@Icydoll (24717)
We had little bit rain today my dear friend..now it's cloudy
@xFiacre (5210)
@bagarad This heat is uncalled for. Mercifully Belfast has dropped to 64 Fahrenheit / 18 centigrade this morning and the breeze coming ion from somewhere is cool and fresh.. I'll want a refund or the chance to sue somebody if it shoots up again. Do you know any good climate lawyers?
@bagarad (12747)
• Paso Robles, California
I'm afraid I don't know any such lawyers. Not sure who you could sue for that.
@caopaopao (12554)
The temperature here is 90 degrees Fahrenheit at present. It's a little cooler than the heat of the last few days.
@bagarad (12747)
• Paso Robles, California
Our temperatures will be in the nineties or above for at least ten more days. That's as far as the forecast goes right now.
It seems all of California is frying in the heat.
@bagarad (12747)
• Paso Robles, California
If I wanted to waste an egg, I'm sure I could fry it on the sidewalk.
@deba12 (3099)
It's cloudy here with little showers. We get such heat wave in India during April to June.
@bagarad (12747)
• Paso Robles, California
So your heat wave is already over? We get ours anywhere between May and October. I can remember even a couple of Christmases when it was ninety degrees.
• Preston, England
cloudy but hot and stifling here
@bagarad (12747)
• Paso Robles, California
Fortunately it's in the eighties this week and it's cooling down at night so that we can cool off by opening the windows when it gets dark.