Do you live on a tight budget

Good morning still working on my I pad The new key board will be here Tommorrow How true are you on keeping your budget? Do you live on a tight budget Are you faithful to it
I have existed on a tight budget all my life. I never would have traveled or dealt with emergency root canals if I did not.
@porwest (9787)
Nothing irks me more than when someone considers a sudden car repair as a devastating life event. One must always be prepared.
@porwest No seems to believe in "saving for a rainy day" anymore. None of us like emergency expenses but it's easier to take when having the funds on hand to pay for it as opposed to OMG, where will I get the money?
@compslick wow good for you. i'm envious
@porwest (9787)
I don't live on a "tight budget" per se. That is to say, I have saved and invested for years and so money is not an issue for me. But I DO force myself to live on a tight budget, which is partly how I managed to have money in the first place.
Exactly!
Yes! me too.
Not on a tight budget, but on a budget, I try not to waste money.
• Uzbekistan
I can tell you of an occurrence that happened when I was still at school as a teacher. I asked a class of 14/15-year-old pupils what their hobbies were and wanted them to answer in English. One girl said, "I like shopping." I was dumbstruck. Shopping as a hobby? I grew up in post-war Germany. First in the GDR (German Democratic Republic) where there was next to nothing 'to shop'. Sometimes even basic things weren't on offer. Then, after moving to the West, we couldn't go shopping for fun because we didn't have the money for it. We had come only with two suitcases full of things. The result of this frugal upbringing could have been that when I started earning my own money I became a 'big spender' to compensate for the frugal times. Yet, this didn't happen. I've always been modest in my spending habits.
@MALUSE I was born not many years after WWII ended and Italy was not in a very good shape. My father was the only one who worked in our family. His parents lived with us, his father was very sick, he had two young kids and my mother took care of the grandparents, the kids and the house. We were not poor, nor rich, but I grew up appreciating the value of the money. My brother grew up very different, he can go to a restaurant and spend € 300 for a dinner and do not care about this. I would feel sick for months.
@LadyDuck same here.
I try to be in budget
@arunima25 (10181)
• Bangalore, India
That is a wise way and every efficient homemaker should do it.
@arunima25 I agree.. It teaches us adjustments, compromises.. Also helps to save for better future
@arunima25 (10181)
• Bangalore, India
@anamika161088 Save for fun in present also
@genpius (477)
• Nigeria
I barely have, so budgeting seems a little out. Even when I budget needs out budgets it
@porwest (9787)
The less you have, the more you need a budget.
@genplus I see.Hope you can work out something there.Nice to meet you
@genpius (477)
• Nigeria
@amadeo I will, nice to meet you. Things are very hard and tight here.
I am very frugal. I could spend more, but I like to have a lot of money saved, just in case. I pay cash for everything that needs to be done or purchased.
@Corbin5 same here.We are up to an extend
@1hopefulman (34874)
Thankfully there is a little room to splurge a bit if I'm careful.
yes I understand that.Good for you
No, thank goodness. My husband always made good money as the breadwinner, and mine was just icing on the cake. Even though we are retired, our investments, savings, and pensions are more than enough to see us through anything, with much left over. We are blessed, but planned wisely.
@arunima25 (10181)
• Bangalore, India
I try to sty within my budget and I am able to do it successfully. But recently I had few medical emergencies in family and incidental expenses and my budget was off the track. Luckily the saving came to rescue and I am still trying hard to bring my budget back to track by tightly controlling my expenses.
@Janet357 (6720)
sometimes, thats the bitterest truth, you work hard for that money only to be spent when you get old because of illness or what.
@arunima25 (10181)
• Bangalore, India
@compslick Investment is a good way to save.
@arunima25 (10181)
• Bangalore, India
@Janet357 I have a bucket to save for my travel. fun and adventure and we do that very frequently.
@vandana7 (69027)
Sometimes I manage at other times, it is way beyond. Luckily, I prepare budget with decent margins so it does not pinch that hard. I have monthly budget, annual budget, and lifetime budget. So it somehow is always positive for me.
@vandana7 same here.We are on a budget.Have been for years
We don't really have a budget. We just try not to spend more than we have.
@paigea good for you.Wise
Some tighten up when its a tad too late.
@Kandase11 I see and understand this.
@Poppylicious (10091)
Not on a budget, but we know how much we can afford and never live beyond our means.
@Popplicious good for you there
@LeaPea2417 (23203)
• Toccoa, Georgia
Yes, it is tight budget. It is crazy how every dollar counts, literally down to the penny.
@laPea2417 that is fine there.Penny wise
It took me a long time to learn to control the budget, but after many mistakes in life I now know how to control my finances.
@paulobrage85 yes it does take time there.Now you seems to be doing okay. Very nice to meet you
@JustBhem (46097)
• Davao, Philippines
Ever since I live on a very tight budget. Every penny before we use it should think twice before spending it.
@JustBhem good for you.Wise woman.
• Bucharest, Romania
Yes, my budget is tiny in my opinion but it is still decent.
@eliza_godinez12 every penny counts.
@Cisiti_ichim that is good.nothing wrong with that
@amadeo that is right..
Yes, i always make sure to be able to save even just a little amount weekly for the future needs.
@eliza_godinrx12 good for you.Best of luck there
@amadeo Thank you
@amadeo I try to budget myself and try to stick to it but do not always succeed. I try to prepare for emergencies too.
@HanniHar well at least your trying
@amadeo Thanks and that is for sure I am trying.
@Janet357 (6720)
not really that tight. i dont want to deprive myself of the food i want to eat. but with unnecessary things, yes, i dont buy much, save, yes.
@Jaet357 food is essential I hear what your saying
@Janet357 (6720)
@amadeo yes. How are you? You seem still strong and lively at your age. You must be very active i gather.