When Does It Stop Being Water?

@porwest (7368)
When I worked at Coca-Cola, we of course made Dasani water. After a little while they called a meeting and said they were going to introduce adding flavors to the water like strawberry, cherry, lemon etc. Shortly after that they called another meeting and said they wanted to add a sweetener to the flavored water. Some time after that they called yet another meeting to announce they were adding some fizz... At which point I asked the question, "At which point are we just making another soda?" Record scratch.
I didn't know Coca-Cola made Dansani water. I drink Ice Mountain, plain, nothing added.
@porwest (7368)
Yep. Coca-Cola makes Dasani. I believe Nestlé makes Ice Mountain. I generally opt for what's cheaper. Most of the time it's Great Mountain which I usually get from Menards when they run their 11% off everything rebate deals. It's $1.99, and after I take off the 11% it's only $1.77 for a 24-pack of 16.9 ounce bottles.
@porwest That's a great saving. I had to check the bottle to verify it's put out by Nestle. I didn't know that.
@porwest (7368)
@just4him And actually the one I get from Menards is Glacier Mist.
I don't know why some people can't seem to just drink water. It tastes perfectly fine to me.
@sol_cee (17330)
• Saint Vincent And The Grenadines
I know someone who can't drink plain water.
@porwest (7368)
@JudyEv I have a hard time getting it down and so I have to force myself to drink it. But I do. I know it is healthier than anything else we can drink, and we need it...so...
@porwest (7368)
@sol_cee It can be difficult. But not impossible.
• Uzbekistan
"...we of course made Dasani water..." What is Dasani water? Why 'of course'?
Dasani is a brand of bottled water sold by Coca Cola
• Uzbekistan
@NJChicaa Thank you for telling me. But I think that the writer of a post should explain a term / brand name. This is an international site.
@porwest (7368)
@NJChicaa She can be a tough one, that @MALUSE.
@franxav (5637)
Does Coca-Cola have water at all?
@porwest (7368)
Soda is almost entirely water with sugars, acids, and flavoring added. Probably 90% or more of a soda is water.
• San Jose, California
@porwest That is true.You add the ingredients,such as sweetener and flavors,ti water to make a soft drink
• San Jose, California
Of course it does.Otherwise it would be solid.
It's water when nothing is in it.
@porwest (7368)
I think that is a sound way of looking at it.
@porwest I am sure it took me a long while to think that way. I went four years without drinking water. I am lucky to be here.
@porwest See you know what I went through. I drank anything I wanted four years and when I was laying in bed. I could barely move and my mouth was dangerously dry. I asked for two days for someone to carry me to the dr.I was tired of the ambulance coming here. I made it in a slight min to get out of bed and walk. The dr said I would have been gone that night had I not been there. I was admitted that night. Three bags of blood and pure iv liquids. they tried about three times to get blood. I was dangerously low. And dehydrated. Now I drink water and tea. I am working on getting away from the coffee. I still have two makers since of course, I reviewed them. But I am sure not going to be drinking like before.
I never bother with plain bottled water, I get it from the tap, but I do like the lemon and lime flavoured.
@porwest (7368)
I do sometimes refill the bottles with tap water. Never had a problem with tap water personally.
I will get flavored fizzy water instead of soda as there are still things I do not want in the soda. I do not want it sweet whether artificial, stevia or real sugar. It just does not quench my thirst if it is sweet. I only do fizzy and flavored for a treat.
@porwest (7368)
Most of the time these days I don't much care for soda either. On occasion I might get PowerAde or something if I don't want soda or water.
Although all that added stuff makes the water taste good but I agree that it's really just another type of soda.
@porwest (7368)
Yeah. I say, if you are going to drink water just drink water. I suppose if you LIKE the flavored stuff, and obviously there is a market for it otherwise they would not make it, but I think some people are tricking themselves they are drinking water when really they are not getting as much in as they think. Not sure if all of these additions make it a diuretic, but certainly it reduces the actual amount of water you are getting.
I guess Dasani became Coke Lite.
@porwest (7368)
lol. Indeed.
@kepweng (18585)
• Waikoloa, Hawaii
water is liofe
@porwest (7368)
Very true about that.
@RubyHawk (29283)
• Atlanta, Georgia
I sounds like another soda to me. I can't see any difference.
@May2k8 (6779)
Why is the purifier water written on the packaging, I just want to drink pure water.
@sunrisefan (20153)
The salesman just delivered 5 boxes of nature's Spring water for us a while ago. A box contains two 5-liter bottles. Sometime ago, the salesman gave me a sample of those flavored water and I did not like it. I prefer to have the natural spring water that they deliver. BTW, Coca-Cola in our country also bought out Viva Mineral Water some years ago and continue to sell this product which is a rival of the Nature's Spring that we've been buying for 14 years now.
@pgntwo (22519)
• Carthage, Tunisia
So it goes. Ditto "New, improved!" - they are not going to write "we made it worse to keep margins up"...
@Blondie2222 (22578)
I for one like the flavor waters as sometimes plain water just doesn't cut it for me. But yes they have made so many of them, why can't they just stick with a few instead of coming out with all kinds of new flavors ?
@PBKING (1539)
Have you got answer to your question? Are they making another soda?
@porwest So, what did they say about making another soda?
@moichan (688)
Are they planning to make sparkling flavored water? It's a big hit in Asian countries. I hope our local Coca-Cola will do the same.
@sol_cee (17330)
• Saint Vincent And The Grenadines
In summer, flavored water in cans or bottles are sure thirst-quenchers.
@chiyosan (30206)
I think water is water because it is plain, no taste, no calories, no sugars, or flavors. if it is elevated to another level then it is no longer water...?