Count Every Blessing

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Not only is this the name of the song by the Rend Collective, it is also something we should do daily. When you know your blessings, you have nothing to be down and out about. Consider the first blessing you have: life. Without life, you would be dead. Just a fact. Along with life, you have breath in your body. Again, without breath, you'd be dead. Next, following that same train of thought, your next blessing is your organs. If they shut down, you're dead. When you consider what your body can do for you: eyes to see, ears to hear, fingers toes, hands, feet, legs. You have so much to be thankful for. Even if you are limited with each of these, the body has a way of compensating. Your next blessing is your ability, talent you've been given at birth. You don't realize this talent, but as you grow, you realize there are some things you can do better than others. You have creative gifts/talents, sports/athletic talents, motivational gifts/talents - some people can cause you to buy into or buy anything they present. Next is your personality. Some people are people magnets. People are drawn to them. Others tend to stay to themselves. Which are you? Your gifts aren't limited to the physical, but you also have cultural blessings. Every culture has something to offer the world around them. Every day when I log into the computer, I check out who was born on this day, and what happened on this day in history. When you look at the people who were born today, you can see the contribution they made to the world around them, be it in media, politics, philanthropy, and medicine. Everyone has talents. Everyone has a gift to share with those around them. What is your gift or talent? What are your blessings? Where do you fit in life? What can you contribute? What you do or not do, does affect those around you, just as much as it affects you. For you, it gives you a peace, a confidence, knowing you are more than what you might think. Now, consider the last blessing, your spiritual blessing. Yes, every person has spiritual blessings. They are the collective blessings God has given each of us as we walk through this life on the journey laid out for us before we were born. Your spiritual blessing is your attitude towards life and those around you. Will you be a blessing to someone today? Will you encourage them? Praise them? Show them they are important? With everything you have, there is no reason for negative thoughts or depression. When you start feeling like life just isn't worth it, count your blessings. To listen to Count Every Blessing, click on the link below. Thanks for reading.
Rend Collective - Counting Every Blessing | Official Music Video. This video is part of the Good News Sessions and from our new album, GOOD NEWS, which is ou...
I count my blessings every day - even when the picture looks dark.
That's awesome.
It is important to count our blessings. Which I do every day. But, that doesn't change the bad that happens to us, or if we have depression and negative thoughts. unfortunately.
If you focus on the positive, hopefully, the negative will disappear and hopefully, the depression will too.
@just4him always focused on the positive but bad happens, unfortunately and depression doesn't go away. its hidden, but never fully gone.
@Courtlynn That's good you're focused on the positive. I know the bad happens, and I'm sorry the depression doesn't go away.
@Shellyann36 (11278)
I try to remember to count my blessings every day. We have many.
Yes, we do have a lot of blessings.
@Shellyann36 (11278)
@just4him When I get discouraged about the way things are going I make a list. Our Blessings seem to top the opposite.
@nela13 (7729)
• Portugal
I try to count my blessings every day, there are so many simple things that we should be thankful for.
Yes, there are. It's great you remember them.
@nela13 (7729)
• Portugal
@just4him if we do that every day we realize how lucky we are.
@nela13 Yes, we do.
@KrauseHome (35522)
Counting your Blessings is always a good thing. There are so many things that could happen to change your outlook that many of us never consider or think about until it happens
That is true.
I just mentioned the hymn, "Count Your Blessings" in my last post. I have never heard the song you just mentioned . I'll go listen to it!
I think you'll like it. Count Your Blessings is also a good song. The one with Bing Crosby?
@ridingbet (57740)
even though i have a heart ailment, my being alive every morning is already a blessing to me, that is why i always say my prayer of thanks to God for the gift of life.
That's awesome!
Downplaying the negatives and highlighting the positives in our lives really does make for a happier life.
Yes, it does.
While I agree with most of this post, depression is not something that you can necessarily just "think" your way out of. It is a serious medical condition that can require medication and therapy.
I agree in severe cases.
My first prayer every morning is to be thankful to see another day and all the blessings I have.
That's wonderful!